PDA

View Full Version : Yacht and Beach Club

wdwvacationeer
11-05-2009, 07:16 AM
We are staying at the Yacht Club this December- we arrive 12/11. My whole family is beyond excited. This is our first time going in December and also our first time staying in a Deluxe.

What can you tell me about the Yacht Club? It looks beautiful from the pictures and the pool description is fantastic.

Also, is there anything that we should absolutely not miss as far as Christmas stuff in the world?

Any tips or advice or just comments would be great. How about the weather, will it be warm enough for the kids to count on swimming?

Thanks!

Joannelet
11-05-2009, 08:37 AM
Yacht Club is great. I find that side to be a little quieter then Beach Club side but just as good. The pool is FANTASTIC so I hope that you get to swim in there at least once on your trip!
For christmas decorations I would suggest checking out other hotels as well. They each have great decorations that shouldn't be missed!
Of course the lights at DHS should NOT be missed by any means.
You may or may not be able to go swimming. We were there in Dec in 05 and my hubby only went swimming the first day we got there... It was warm. But then the rest of the week we were wearing coats and sweatshirts. My little niece who was 18 months and my nephew who was 3 was in hat and gloves....so the weather varies greatly. And it can change suddenly. Dress in layers.

TammiMcMan
11-05-2009, 03:36 PM
We are staying at the Yacht Club this December- we arrive 12/11. My whole family is beyond excited. This is our first time going in December and also our first time staying in a Deluxe.It's a wonderful location, so close to Epcot and just a boat ride to DHS. We also found the bus very convenient to and from the MK.

What can you tell me about the Yacht Club? It looks beautiful from the pictures and the pool description is fantastic.It's a hotel setup, so basically all one big building. You're right alongside Beach Club, which shares some amenities. If you get a chance, Beaches and Cream is a fun place to eat, although with limited seating, it can be very crowded at times.

Also, is there anything that we should absolutely not miss as far as Christmas stuff in the world?My kids loved hearing the different Santa stories from around the world in Epcot. They have a special Illuminations program and some wonderful holiday lights. If you've never done Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, it could be worthwhile. It's a separate ticket that you have to purchase, but it's also the only way you'll get to see the holiday parade and some of the special holiday events (they don't usually show them during regular park hours until the week of Christmas).

Any tips or advice or just comments would be great. How about the weather, will it be warm enough for the kids to count on swimming?As others have mentioned, layers is a very good option, as weather can go from warm to downright cold. The pools are heated, so swimming could be an option any time, I would maybe just be prepared with big towels and bathrobes that the kids can put on when they come out. It's highly unlikely that you'd be able to hang out by the pool for a long period of time.

wdwvacationeer
11-05-2009, 03:49 PM
I didn't realize that the temperatures could get cold enough for hats and gloves. Did you bring shorts at all? Should I bring our winter coats?

TammiMcMan
11-05-2009, 03:55 PM
We've been a few times during December. You can have daytime temps in the high 70's, followed by nights in the 30's. We bring everything :thumbsup: .

phlo8810
11-05-2009, 07:37 PM
We were there last december. Temps varied greatly from 60s & 70s down to the 30s & 40s at night. IMO it is the greatest time to go to WDW. This year we're going in november but december is the time to go. Check out the osborne lights in the studios. Mickey's Very Merry Christmas PArty in MK is pricey but def worth it. Go hotel hoping and check out the christmas decorations. Boardwalk and grand floridian are my favorites. Epcot has extra fireworks every nite after the illuminations

Pirate Granny
11-05-2009, 08:58 PM
I've found the weather around 50-70...but Xmas of 07, I didn't even bring shorts...and it was 80-85 every day...you just can trust the weather...and yea, I did check the weather station before I left, but truly didn't believe it would be that WARM...I have also been in 04 where we had to wear winter coats...so...dress in layers is the best advice...I did swim every night in 04...the pools are wonderful...just bring something to bundle up in for the walk back to the hotel room...we were in the FQ #5, so the walk wasn't too bad...
:pirate: