PDA

View Full Version : Who would you meet?

Robert's Dad
11-04-2009, 02:04 PM
If you could meet one person from the past, who would it be, and why?

Ian
11-04-2009, 02:27 PM
Easy one ... Walt Disney!!

tazlikesrobots
11-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Easy one ... Walt Disney!!

Ditto. :mickey:

Mousefever
11-04-2009, 02:36 PM
This one is also an easy pick for me. Laura Ingalls Wilder. When I was a girl I'd fantasize that she would arrive in my time as a girl herself, and I'd have to explain all of the new technology and why people dressed the way they do. I have well-worn copies of her entire series and I would love to someday make it to her one of her museums.

Amy

Melanie
11-04-2009, 02:39 PM
Thomas Jefferson. He's simply fascinating to me.

diz_girl
11-04-2009, 02:53 PM
It's a toss up between Benjamin Franklin and Abigail Adams.

DVC2004
11-04-2009, 03:00 PM
Howard Hughes. I am so fascinated by him.

Scar
11-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Jesus. Don't really think I have to explain why, but I will if anyone requests.

Robert's Dad
11-04-2009, 04:27 PM
I guess since I started it I should play too!
I would meet my dad, I did meet him but I would love for him to meet his grandson.

laprana
11-04-2009, 05:05 PM
Walt Disney is definitely at the top of my list, too! :mickey:

After him, though, I would love to meet some of the well known people from the Civil War. I've become really interested in history the past 4 or 5 years, and specifically the Civil War. I would love to meet Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain, Robert E. Lee, James Longstreet, Winfield Scott Hancock, William Seward, and of course Abraham Lincoln. It would be fascinating to me to hear their stories first hand!

AllDisney
11-04-2009, 05:11 PM
Jules Caesar. That time in history is awesome and I'd love to talk to him about his beliefs.

PirateLover
11-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Hard to pick one. Jesus is definitely at the top. Benjamin Franklin would be another one. I'm kind of obsessed. My fiancee calls him my "Other boyfriend":blush:

QTPie68
11-04-2009, 10:12 PM
My Grandmother on my mother's side. She died when my Mother was a child and her death was a mystery, so I would love to know just what happened to her...plus, she sounds like a fun person to meet and talk to!

Diznee4Me
11-05-2009, 11:05 AM
Gene Roddenberry - Served WWII, was a cop for a time period, creator of Star Trek.

Walt Disney - Served in WWI, had several failed business attempts.

Jim Henson - Struggled with his Muppet creations before finding success with Sesame Street for the Childrens Television Workshop.

These three men had a lot struggles but created three very positive cultural icons. I would love to have a sit down with all three of them and learn how they stayed so positive during their struggles.

c&d
11-05-2009, 11:27 AM
Abraham Lincoln because of the Civil War

Henry VIII, he's just always fascinated me. Maybe it's the loping off of heads or the split with the Church.

Tink1
11-05-2009, 12:39 PM
Czar Nicholas II, Czarina Alexandra and the family Romanov

I am intrigued by Russian History.

Nanc

darthmacho
11-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Great question! There are so many to choose from, it is almost impossible to pick.

Two of my top choices, however, would have to be Teddy Roosevelt and Samuel Clemens.

I'd also like to introduce my daughters to some amazing and adventurous women of the past. Nellie Bly and Amelia Earhart come to mind, but there are others.

While I'm not terribly religious, I would also like to meet Jesus. I'm sure that encounter would answer a LOT of questions.

crazypoohbear
11-05-2009, 09:58 PM
My grandparents on my fathers side.
So many questions on family history I would love to know!
Also, my mother's brother who died at age 14 from rhumatic fever. that death had quite an impact on my mother for life!
My mom went from being the youngest for 10 years to being the middle for 2 years to being the oldest.
Now she is an only

SBETigg
11-05-2009, 10:02 PM
Charlotte Bronte. She was my muse on my latest book.

alphamommy
11-07-2009, 12:58 PM
There are a lot of famous people who come to mind, and I'd love to see my parents again, but I think I'd go with either my mom's oldest brother, who died in his 20s, or my grandfather on my dad's side. Both of these men died long before I was born, but when I was little, both were portrayed to me as larger than life.

This is especially true of my uncle, who was the first in the family to attend college. He was a great athlete, and played baseball with my dad. Only one member of my family, another uncle, talks about him as if he were a real person, and not some sort of god or ghost.

DisneyDog
11-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Definitely Laura Ingalls Wilder. I would also love to meet Benjamin Franklin and have him give me a tour of Philadelphia...or George Washington's tour of Valley Forge. I'd love to have some perspective of my "backyard" from the original founding fathers.

Joannelet
11-09-2009, 03:49 PM
hands down Walt Disney...it if wasn't for him intercot wouldn't exist :)
No but seriously think of all the things that DO exist because of Walt Disney. Think of how empty our world would have been without him :)
I can't imagine growing up in a world without Mickey Mouse and all those lovable characters. All those breakthrough techniques that he created....he changed tv/cinema/cartoons to what we know today.
And he raised the bar in family vacation expectations. :mickey:
I wish everyone had that "twinkle"in their eye for what they believe in and to never give up hope. Thanks Walt for all your dreams have come true!! :)

Marilyn Michetti
11-09-2009, 04:32 PM
Jesus. Don't really think I have to explain why, but I will if anyone requests.

Sounds like you absolutely KNOW you will.

For me, I'm going to say Irma Bombeck. She seemed like somebody you could just sit in your bathrobe and have coffee with.:thumbsup:

Boojum
11-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Mine would be:

Dolley Madison--the ultimate political hostess, and from what I've read, a genuinely kind and warm woman.

Thomas Jefferson. His ideas on government are what we should still be aspiring to, I think.

Cleopatra. What was it about her? Was she really beautiful, or just blessed with that ability to bewitch?

I'm sure I could think of others, but these three pop to mind first.

mickeys_princess_mom
11-09-2009, 09:08 PM
Walt Disney! I've said before I'd just love to hug his neck and say "Thank you!". I would love to just sit on a bench and listen to him for awhile. I would also adore to meet Luciano Pavarotti.

Magic Smiles
11-10-2009, 06:52 AM
I guess since I started it I should play too!
I would meet my dad, I did meet him but I would love for him to meet his grandson.
This IMHO is the best answer ever. It brought tears to my eyes.:thumbsup:

elmjimmlm
11-10-2009, 10:53 AM
My Dad...He died in a car accident when my Mom was 4 months pregnant with me...

divinedi
11-14-2009, 05:06 PM
'Opa', who is my Mom's Dad, he was the sweetest, kindest man and I still miss him even though it's been over 25 years :sad:

And, Walt Disney!