PDA

View Full Version : Gratuity

LadybugTink
11-03-2009, 08:13 PM
We will be leaving for Disney in about 3 weeks and there is going to be 6 of us counting my niece that is 16 months old. I understand that an 18% gratuity is applied for a party od 6 is added automatcally. This is my question....do you have to pay it? We are on the disney dining plan. It is not that I don't want to tip I just want to know if you ahve to tip what they tell you too b/c you all know how it goes and sometimes you have good service and sometimes you don't ...even at Disney! Thanks a bunch!!:thumbsup:

TheRustyScupper
11-03-2009, 10:34 PM
If you do not want to pay that much, you need to call over the manager.

SurferStitch
11-04-2009, 09:53 AM
Since the gratuity is an automatic charge on your bill, you can't just not pay it if you don't feel you want to. As RustyScupper said, you will have to discuss that with the manager to negotiate a lower tip if you feel it's absolutely necessary.

DVC2004
11-04-2009, 11:31 AM
Pretty much any restaurant, WDW or anywhere in the U.S., has this provision for larger parties. That will be added to your bill. If you feel you had bad or poor service, then yes you can talk to the manager like others suggested. If you are on the dining plan you still have to tip. Gratuities used to be included on DDP regardless of party size but they changed it. But, I hope you have great service and it won't be an issue!

omearac
11-04-2009, 07:58 PM
I have two children of my own and was a server years ago. I can tell you, unless your 16 month old is the cleanest child on the planet - your server will earn their 18%.

Think about it -

Also, in case you are not aware, all servers in Disney World bus their own tables. They have no bussers.

Just some thoughts. :cool: