PDA

View Full Version : party of 6

Bethis26fan
11-03-2009, 04:32 PM
It says that party of 6 or more the tip is added. If you have a year old do they count as the 6th person. Also how do they add the tip to the bill if you are on the dinning plan. We are just trying to figure things out. We are 2 familes that will be dinning together most of our meals. With 4 adults a 5 year old and a 1 year old.

Basket Mommy
11-03-2009, 04:53 PM
I think the 1 year-old counts, but I'm not sure if it's just if he/she orders something or not. I think it's just the party size that determines the automatic gratuity, so if you book for a party of 6 and they seat you as a party of 6, I think you will be charged the automatic tip.

The tip is calculated on what your bill would've been had you been paying out of pocket. It's charged to your room (if you have the charging privileges on your room key) or to a CC or debit... or you can pay cash for it. The actual cost of the meals are deducted and the only balance left on the bill is the tip and anything not covered by the meal plan (alcohol, etc.)

javamama
11-03-2009, 06:22 PM
You have to watch your checks closely IMO, we had the same deal the past 3 years w/my dd. We had a party of 9 and w/her it made 10--but she wasn't part of the DDP in '08, and then last year we had a party of 7 with her party of 8 but again because she was under 3 not part of the DDP. We had to remind the servers, not to include dd we always were over the party of 6 anyways so that didn't make much difference in our case but they would take off more meals from the DDP when they shouldn't have. I always made the resvervations correctly thru them, it just wasn't done right at the resturant. I'm glad she's finally 3 now for the DDP purposes!

JohnnyNovo
11-03-2009, 10:00 PM
We are in the same situation in Janurary. When I made the reservations, I asked the same question. I was told the infant does not count. They are not a paying customer and therefore wouldnt be on the bill.

TheDuckRocks
11-04-2009, 10:16 AM
Any child under 3 will not be charged for their food at family-style and buffet meals or if they share food from your plate. If you order seperate food for them you will be charged.
Anyone who is sitting around the table for a meal will be included in the party-size count, even infants.
You can ask for separate bills for each family in your group and your DD plans will be charged accordingly. But if the total number in the party is 6 or more each bill will reflect the amount of the tip based on the amount of food each group would have paid if you would have paid out of pocket.
Hope this helps you and it sounds a lot more difficult than it actually is when you are using it.

Bethis26fan
11-04-2009, 10:57 AM
One more question. We aren't going to have charging on our room key, so if we leave cash on the table they aren't going to like charge my room saying i didn't leave what they said I had to leave are they?

DisneyAggies
11-04-2009, 11:40 AM
One more question. We aren't going to have charging on our room key, so if we leave cash on the table they aren't going to like charge my room saying i didn't leave what they said I had to leave are they?

If you don't have charging on your key, they CAN'T charge you--your CC and key won't be linked, your key will get you into the park and into your room.

FTR--my 2 YO was counted in party size during our last trip.

DVC2004
11-04-2009, 11:40 AM

Don't leave cash on the table. I would make sure to tell the waiter you are tipping in cash and had the folio to him/her personally before leaving. Save your receipts.:thumbsup: