PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Mania

Minniefan68
11-03-2009, 10:05 AM
Are the lines still crazy?? We are going next week and want to know if we should zoom right over there first once we get to DHS.

Thanks..

Basket Mommy
11-03-2009, 10:17 AM
Just got back yesterday. Yes, lines are still 70-80 minutes during peak park times. My family waited around 40 minutes near the end of PM EMH on Sunday night.

Scar
11-03-2009, 10:31 AM
I was there Thurs 10/29. The park was empty, at least up till 12:30 when I left. Everything else was basically a walk on but TSMM was 30 minutes at 9:30 when I got my fastpass for 11:35. When I rode it at 11:45 the line was 60 mins and fastpass return was 5:40. leaving the park after that, there was still hardly any crowd, even High School Musical had a real small crowd. So yes, lines are still crazy for TSMM.

vicster
11-03-2009, 11:00 AM
We were there in September and the wait was unbelievable. When we first arrived at DHS the first thing we did was get a fast pass for Toy Story Mania which worked out really great.

pamickeys
11-03-2009, 04:24 PM
back yesterday, Epcot was not that busy, at 10:00, fast pass return was 4 :30.. it's still ridiculous to ride

Gator
11-03-2009, 06:20 PM
I really don't understand the craze of this ride. It's just a zipping car with Pixar characters on a video screne. Not even animatronics. Maybe it's cus its the only true kid ride at DHS.

mamasun
11-03-2009, 09:29 PM
Just got back on Sunday and on Saturday the line was crazy- we chose to wait in the line at EMH and only waited 20 minutes or so- it was our first stop- and well worth the wait! We would have fast passed it to ride again - but we had to meet family for lunch- I suggest getting there right off and getting a fast pass- we walked onto everything else that day:)

DisneyFr33k
11-04-2009, 06:28 AM
We were there on Sunday, October 25th. We FPed the ride first thing (to come back at 9:45)and then walked onto the ride with only 10 minute "wait" (the only wait time was when we reached the stairs). After going on it again at our 9:45 fast pass time, we got off aroun 10:00 and the FP return time was 12:30 and the stand by line was 45 minutes. So we called it a day there and went on other rides.

SpecJoe Magic
11-04-2009, 06:56 AM
I really don't understand the craze of this ride. It's just a zipping car with Pixar characters on a video screne. Not even animatronics. Maybe it's cus its the only true kid ride at DHS.

Toy Story Mania is one of the few rides at the park that is appealing to people of a wide variety of ages and preferences. Most of the other attractions that meet those criteria are shows whereas most of the other rides are for thrill seekers. Basically, TSM has filled a gap that the park was desperately lacking and people have responded. Soarin' has created a similar situation at Epcot. The result is two good attractions that are both a little overrated due to their unique properties.

ANG
11-04-2009, 08:42 AM

If you're a toy story fanatic you would find it appealing :mickey:

Fast pass on this one

Dsnygirl
11-05-2009, 11:54 PM
Just got back on the first, and although the waits for TSM during the day were long (45-55 minutes) if you were there by 9:15 or 9:30 am, although the stand-by time said 20 or 30 minutes, it was more like 15. (This happened twice for us -- my DH would grab FP's while the girls and I stood in line... then we could ride it twice! :thumbsup:)

So, if you get to the park soon after opening, you should be fine -- but any other time, be ready to still wait!

Kathy Jetson
11-07-2009, 01:00 AM
We were there on Sun. Oct. 18th and fast passes were gone by 11:30am. We had to go back late during emh and wait in line about 30 min.

luvmyboys4ever
11-07-2009, 04:05 AM
Toy Story Mania is one of the few rides at the park that is appealing to people of a wide variety of ages and preferences.
I agree. The whole family loved this ride. Our ages ranged from 8-71, at the time of our trip.

LudwigVonDrake
11-07-2009, 08:31 PM
Get to the park at opening. Fastpass it and then go on the standby line. You'll at least ride it twice that way. Lines are still generally long.

DisneyFanaticDargon
11-08-2009, 05:58 PM
This happened twice for us -- my DH would grab FP's while the girls and I stood in line... then we could ride it twice!

So you held a place for him in line while he got Fastpasses and let him just cut ahead of everyone else at an extremely popular attraction?