PDA

View Full Version : WL, and AKL Question???

Belster
11-03-2009, 09:39 AM
I was looking over the resort maps of these resorts. I have an odd question...when you stay at these resorts are all of the buildings connected?

How spread out are these two resorts? Just stayed at CSR and it was way too spread out for us.

Thanks!!!:mickey:

KatMark
11-03-2009, 09:50 AM
As I mentioned in my other post, we hope to stay at AKL next year (a split stay with CSR). I can tell you that my best friend stayed at the AKL two years ago (he waited too late to get a room at the CSR for the convention he was at, so he ended up at AKL). He loved the AKL but did indicate that the walk from his room at the AKL to the food court/pool was a longer walk than it was from the Convention Center at the CSR to the Ranchos' furthest room where one of his coworkers was staying. The main difference...you walk inside at the AKL.

Belster
11-03-2009, 09:56 AM
Thanks for all of your helpful info. I wonder if you pay for a preferred view if you get a closer room???

The resort looks so nice and is just a bit less expensive than those on the monorail.

diz_girl
11-03-2009, 10:40 AM
The regular hotels rooms at both the WL and AKL resorts are all one building, with interior corridors. Both also have DVC villas in a separate building. So if you are staying at a villa, then you may be a little further away.

But I'm guessing that you would probably be staying in the main lodge building at either resort, so you won't have to be worried about being really far away fron anything. The great thing about WL and AKL is that they are not huge, spread out resorts, like CBR or POP.

Both resorts are beautiful. Enjoy!

KylesMom
11-03-2009, 10:55 AM
Although we've never stayed at AKL, we've recently booked our 5th annual stay at WL.

Part of our love of the resort is that everything is housed under one building - if it's storming out, there's no need to have to go outside & dodge the lightning & rain. We've had standard, woods & courtyard views, and all have been a short walk to the gift shop, Roaring Forks & Whispering Canyon.

We've stayed at CBR before, and there is simply no comparison on the walk you might have to make to the food court versus the walk from the furthest room to the CS restaurant at WL. :mickey:

Ms. Mode
11-03-2009, 02:31 PM
We stayed at AKL last August, we had quite a walk from our room to the lobby. But, the room was excellent and the view of the savannah was out of this world.:thumbsup:
We would do it again in a heartbeat.:mickey:

kakn7294
11-03-2009, 02:47 PM
We stayed at WL for the first time in July. It certainly won't be our last - we fell in love! Our room was a woods view on the 6th floor above Whispering Canyon. We had very little noise from the lobby - we could tell when WC was open but mostly it was just light background noise and it was when we were awake anyway. We loved opening our door to all the excitement of the lobby everyday. The building is all under 1 roof and it's not nearly as large as it seems on a map. The DVC section is right next door and connected by open but covered walkways. The food court at WL is not as large as a moderate or value resort but offers a good selection. We've never stayed at AKL.