PDA

View Full Version : Teppan Edo Review

DisneyFr33k
11-03-2009, 08:43 AM
We ate here October 27th for dinner. Lucky that the only rain storm occured during this dinner. We had a brand new chef, who didn't do any tricks as the other chefs were doing around us, and she took twice as long to cook the meal. We could tell she was new as there was a superviser watching her from the doorway the entire time, looking very serious. The food was good. The combination steak, chicken and shrimp meals is what our family ordered. The dipping sauces were great and the meat was very good. However, we'll pass on this again as we have local restaurants that can cook us a meal with the same quality and entertainment at a lower price.

SBETigg
11-03-2009, 09:21 AM
I'm glad you enjoyed your meal, but bummer on getting the new chef who perhaps hasn't learned all the tricks yet. I agree that if you have a good Japanese steakhouse experience close to home, this may not be the best choice. My kids love it anyway, but I'm hoping to try Tokyo Dining next time instead.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-03-2009, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the report

GreenBeetle
11-03-2009, 03:20 PM
This one is on our first time ADR list in January. And it is another one I have fairly high hopes for - along with Boma and Tutto Italia.

Sounds like you thought the food was OK, I just hope we get a more experienced (and fun) Chef. Although the one you had will definitely have more hours under her belt by January.

pdrlkr
11-05-2009, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the Review! :eat:

hannahandkalebmom
11-06-2009, 08:46 PM
We will be trying this for the first time in January. I am hoping that the entertainment that goes along with the meal will help my 2yo sit still for the entire meal. Well here's hoping anyway.

TheRustyScupper
11-06-2009, 09:17 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed your meal, but bummer on getting the new chef who perhaps hasn't learned all the tricks yet.

1) That is a shame.
2) At least 80% of the meal is the entertainment.
3) Hibachi food is good, but usually just above average - anywhere.
4) The "show" is what makes the meal.

DisneyFr33k
11-07-2009, 06:31 AM
1) That is a shame.
2) At least 80% of the meal is the entertainment.
3) Hibachi food is good, but usually just above average - anywhere.
4) The "show" is what makes the meal.

:exactly: That is why we will stick with our local restaurant chain to see this next time. We won't gamble to waste a table service on this next time and try Geramany.