PDA

View Full Version : Two questions:

Sunshine1010
11-02-2009, 09:15 PM
1. We will be in WDW during my husband's birthday. How do we get the free day or gift card?

2. How do we do the baby swap? Do we go in the regular line? If so, who do we tell we want to do the baby swap (I'm assuming the guy at the front 'door' since he'll realize the kids are too small)??????

jonahbear2006
11-03-2009, 01:45 AM
1.You go to guest relations outside of magic kingdoms gate for the card. you need a drivers license or birth certificate to verify. and make sure you have it. we couldnt get away with it and had to have a friend drive one down that week while she was coming to get it, after we were told this was ok, we still fought them cause it was no longer her b-day even though it was obvious by their computer that we checked in on the bday. have to do it on the bday.

2. Go in the regular line, the person taking fast passes, you ask them for the baby swap. Most want to hand it directly to the person w the baby now, to avoid abuse of the system, and some will give it to you. keep the person nearby so you can get one.

brownie
11-04-2009, 07:02 AM
Here's the official site to help you with your free birthday admission: Free Admission on Your Birthday (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyparks/en_US/WhatWillYouCelebrate/index?name=WDWCelebrationsOverviewPage).

TheVBs
11-04-2009, 08:28 AM
We were given a great tip by a CM on our last trip. Often the single rider line (if there is one) is much faster than the baby swap line.

Sunshine1010
11-04-2009, 09:15 AM
There is a separate baby swap line? I just assumed that we would stay in the regular line and then once we got to the loading area of the ride, we'd be put off to the side. I've never done this before.

Sunshine1010
11-04-2009, 09:21 AM
I got this from their website: (thanks BROWNIE). Question: if we used this option (the Fast Past option).....are they saying that we get Fast Passes for 5 other people (that would be great since there are 6 people in our party).........

Q: I purchased* a valid Passholder Pass or a Multi-Day Ticket that I will use for admission on my birthday in 2009. Is there anything else I could receive on my birthday?

A: Yes, you have several options which are available for you to select once you arrive at the Park with your confirmation message, your proper valid ID, and your Passholder Pass or Multi-Day Ticket that you will use for admission on your birthday. You can choose one of the following:
Disney's Special Birthday FASTPASSŪ Cards+. Save time waiting in line and get immediate entrance to the FASTPASSŪ return lines of 6 select FASTPASSŪ attractions at the theme park you visit that day. No need to return later in the day to ride. Plus, when you select this option, you can also receive cards for up to 5 additional members of your party+.

brownie
11-06-2009, 07:03 AM
I got this from their website: (thanks BROWNIE). Question: if we used this option (the Fast Past option).....are they saying that we get Fast Passes for 5 other people (that would be great since there are 6 people in our party).........

Q: I purchased* a valid Passholder Pass or a Multi-Day Ticket that I will use for admission on my birthday in 2009. Is there anything else I could receive on my birthday?

A: Yes, you have several options which are available for you to select once you arrive at the Park with your confirmation message, your proper valid ID, and your Passholder Pass or Multi-Day Ticket that you will use for admission on your birthday. You can choose one of the following:
Disney's Special Birthday FASTPASSŪ Cards+. Save time waiting in line and get immediate entrance to the FASTPASSŪ return lines of 6 select FASTPASSŪ attractions at the theme park you visit that day. No need to return later in the day to ride. Plus, when you select this option, you can also receive cards for up to 5 additional members of your party+.

It looks like that's what they're saying, although the + at the end would indicate there's some fine print to read somewhere that goes along with it.

wdwfansince75
11-06-2009, 07:55 AM
There is a separate baby swap line? I just assumed that we would stay in the regular line and then once we got to the loading area of the ride, we'd be put off to the side. I've never done this before.

In general, the Rider Switch or Baby Swap is for rides with height restrictions and Fast Pass....Note that your reason for the switch or swap does not have to be a "baby"....and five year olds who do not meet height requirements appreciate the term "Rider Switch" over "Baby Swap".

If you have a Fast Pass, the group approaches the FP CM, and asks for the Swap...You get the Switch tickets for the second ride...Those going the first time (up to 3) use the FP line, and upon exiting, switch, and again use the FP line. This way, the extra riders can get two FP rides with a single FP.
If you do not have FP's, the first riders use the standby line, and the second riders use the FP line.
I am not aware of any rides without Fast Passes that do the switch.