PDA

View Full Version : I changed my ADRs again!!!

rubato
11-02-2009, 04:03 PM
Okay, I've been tweaking and tweaking. Now, I have gotten rid of Tepan Edo because we have a really nice Japanese Steakhouse right by us. I thought my 10 year old son might enjoy Whispering Canyon more (although he loves Japanese food). Is this a good idea? My hubby will enjoy the "all you can eat" option with the skillet. We want to try to stay with the "You know you're in Disney" type of experiences, whenever possible. So, did I make a good choice? We've never eaten at any of the 8 restaurants I have picked out, so it'll all be new to us!
Thanks!!!!:mickey:

Mysttree
11-02-2009, 04:17 PM
It seems like a good decision to me!
I have honestly not been *that* impressed with Teppan Edo- I have had better Japanese steakhouse food elsewhere- for cheaper.
Though I am one who is more interested in the quality of food & the experience than I am the price.
I haven't eaten at Whispering Canyon- but it sounds like it would be good- especially with kids.
Have a great time!

retiredfigment
11-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Whispering Canyon is a riot. Just make sure you ask for the ketchup!!:mickey:

Maleficent_vf
11-02-2009, 04:23 PM
We ate at Whispering Canyon a couple years ago. We really enjoyed it. My DM's recollection is that it was noisy, but I don't remember that at all.

SBETigg
11-02-2009, 04:24 PM
I think it's a good switch considering you have a good Japanese steakhouse close to home. The routine isn't really much different at Teppan Edo than at any other similar kind of place, so opting to drop it for a more uniquely Disney experience makes sense. Have fun!

Gator
11-02-2009, 05:22 PM
It can be noisy, but point me to a Disney diner that isn't. The food is good, the service is fun, and you get to tour Wilderness Lodge which is absolutely gorgeous.

2MuchWDFun
11-02-2009, 07:17 PM
I agree with your theory on having a Disney experience while dining. You and your family will have a great time at Whispering Canyon...good food, lots of interaction and activity. Get there a little early so you can walk around WL...it is grand!