PDA

View Full Version : Big River Grill

#1donaldfan
11-02-2009, 12:27 PM
....can anyone provide some information, good n bad on the Big River Grill ?? I have not seen anything on it.....:mickey:

Scar
11-02-2009, 12:33 PM
Just had lunch there the other day. It's your basic bar menu. Cheese soup was very good. Cheeseburger was bland and the bun was just your basic plain bun. I suppose I would try it again but not the burger. They have a bunch of different styles of beer.

Seasonscraps
11-02-2009, 01:02 PM
Their food is ok - I can't think of anything out of the ordinary to go there for food wise. They do have a nice selection of micro brews!

faline
11-02-2009, 01:19 PM
We ate there for dinner on our last trip in August. Portions were large and we thought the food was good. I had salmon and enjoyed it. My husband had a huge portion of ribs (He wasn't even able to finish them). We took desserts to go and they were good as well.

WVParkfan
11-20-2009, 09:05 AM
We loved the Big River Grille. I posted a report when we returned last spring:
-----------
Just returned from WDW and we had a wonderful dinner at the Big River Grille and Brewing Works. It is located on the Boardwalk, and had excellent food and very good handcrafted beers. They have a wide variety on their menu and huge portions:

My wife had the Blackened Mahi Mahi Sandwich with kettle chips. My daughter had a huge hamburger, and I had the Blackened Mahi Mahi Caesar Salad. It may have been one of the best Caesar salads I've ever had.

For drinks, my wife had a Southern Flier Light Lager to start with. It was like a "lite" beer. I started with the Rocket Red Ale which was excellent. My wife's second beer was a Steamboat Pale Ale which had great flavor. But our favorite of the night was a special brew that was an "Irish Red." I have to admit that I had two of them!

Thank goodness for the Disney transportation service. We had several wonderful beers, but never had to drive back to the All Star Music (thanks to the Friendship Boats and the Disney Busses).

Anyway, if you're looking for a good meal with a great beer, I would recommend a trip to the Big River Grille and Brewing Works on the Boardwalk.

passholderryan
11-20-2009, 11:49 AM
My wife and I like this place alot. We recommend sitting outside and enjoying the Boardwalk. They've got some good crafted beers and the food is great. For us, it has never disappointed. The plus side is you can slide into World Showcase through the International Gateway for dessert in France!!!

Maleficent's Dad
11-20-2009, 06:29 PM
This used to be a staple of ours. Years ago. But alas, no longer do we go out of our way to give this place our money. :(

Service and cleanliness has declined over the past 5+ years. And I mean it - We used to go there quite a bit, but we've watched as the place has fallen down. At times, the service has been so bad that we had to get up to find the manager. And that was not a one-time event. In addition, the restaurant (interior) seems to not keep up with basic maintenance. Show up after 7 PM, and you'll find papers, napkins, and scraps on the floor. :ack:

We have been staying at the Boardwalk steadily since the late 90's (DVC) and have observed the decline of the place. It's rather sad. But I do admit, we haven't been here in about two years (due in large part to our experiences).

Still, a great place to stop in for a nice brew. :beer:

disney323
11-24-2009, 10:08 PM
Food is good, Most of the time if there is a wait, it's not that long.

lockedoutlogic
11-24-2009, 10:30 PM
very pedestrian....not necessarily bad....nothing to write home about

The good thing about it is that it is usually not that crowded....so you probably can walk in....which is way more rare than it should be at WDW

RedSoxFan
11-25-2009, 08:10 PM
We've eaten there on our last two trips. We love it. Had steak one time and a pasta dish another time. Both were good. DH and the kids enjoyed their meals too; although, I do not remember what they ate.