PDA

View Full Version : Crowd levels May 5 - 12

dkielman
11-01-2009, 09:57 PM
Planning to take Great Grand Daughters to Disney World May 5 thru 12 and was wondering how the crowds will be. We normaly go in October but that is not possible this comming year. Staying at Fort Wilderness in a Motor Home. This will be our 12th time.

Dave:mickey:

Strmchsr
11-02-2009, 07:34 AM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!

It's really hard to say what crowds will be like. In previous years that week has been great in terms of crowds, but this year (I think due to the 4/3 deal) it was quite crowded. Big lines. Crowd patterns are really changing. I could tell you what it was like in x year but that really means nothing in terms of what it will be like in 2010.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-02-2009, 08:37 AM
:welcome: to INTERCOT!!

We've been twice in early May (7 - 15) and both times crowds were just fine.

We didn't wait long for most rides, and used FastPass for those with a longer line. However, as always, we found that getting an early start each morning made a big difference, as the crowds were always a lot heavier in the afternoon.

barbiegirl314
11-02-2009, 11:50 AM
We were there this year from 5/1- 5/10. I have to tell you it was one of our best trips ever! I'd say the crowds were on the moderate side. We waited in line about 20 minutes for Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh and T.T.. We got fast passes for Soarin', Toy Story, SM, and BTMRR and all of our FP had a return time within a couple of hours. There was no one in World Showcase the days we were at Epcot. We kept remarking on how great it was that the crowds weren't so bad.

We wanted to go back that same week next year (2010) but due to a 1st communion in the family and the MCAS schedule it's not going to work out, so we're going in Oct. I'm hoping the crowds aren't to bad then.

bruin1344
11-02-2009, 12:58 PM
i went during similar period in 2005 and it was my favorite time to go. The crowds were small, especially on the weekdays, and the weather was beautiful.

LauraleeH
11-10-2009, 05:42 PM
I was there May 5th 2007 and I absolutely loved it. I don't remember a time it was less crowded. I was at Epcot and I felt like I had the place to myself.

dkielman
11-21-2009, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the replys. We have been there in October the last two times and this will be the first time in May. Kids are 5 and 7 and we are looking forward to enjoying it with them.

Thanks, Dave:cloud9:

SurferStitch
11-22-2009, 02:01 PM
We went May 5-12 in 2008, and I would also say the crowds were moderate. Some rides had long lines, but many had short lines (under 20 minutes or so).

The Flower and Garden Festival was beautiful, as was the weather. We had nice, warm temps and no rain. It was in the low to mid 80's and dry every day, with plenty of sun!

I am thinking about going around the same time in 2010. I know dining will be an issue, but I just don't want to book the trip yet. I'm not 100% sure it's when we want to go yet.