PDA

View Full Version : Is this a family thing?

Disney Doodle
11-01-2009, 07:24 PM
I was just wondering how many other people on Intercot also have family members on the Discussion Boards. For instance, two of my, now grown-up children, Giggy and TinkerBell-Bell have also started posting on here in readiness for our next trip and are really enjoying reading the tips and information so that they can help plan our trip.

I'm sure you will give them your usual warm Intercot welcome.

Angie

Lakin
11-01-2009, 08:06 PM
Sigh, no. My dad isn't allowed to get on the computer (because he always messes something up - he's electronically challenged). My sister has downs syndrome, so no computer for her. And my mom just doesn't want to join, I quote, "I like Disney, but I already hear it enough from you [Me, Lakin], so I don't want to join a discussion board about it."

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-01-2009, 08:22 PM
My daughter is counting the days until she is 13, and can have her own INTERCOT account. She's only 11, so she's got a while to go, but she loves reading posts!

Same with DH, he lurks and reads INTERCOT a lot, but doesn't post...just asks me to post any questions we have :)

Mickey'sGirl
11-01-2009, 09:10 PM
My husband and I are both members. Sometimes we are posting to the same thread and aren't even aware that the other is on line! :D

Melanie
11-01-2009, 09:12 PM
:welcome: to INTERCOT Giggy and TinkerBell-Bell!!

It's just me in my immediate family. My brother and my sister-in-law are members, though they don't post a lot. Mainly just when they have an upcoming trip. :)

Dragongirlx
11-02-2009, 03:53 AM
My twin sister is a member too - she didn't used to post a lot but now posts a lot more

Giggy
11-04-2009, 09:35 PM
I feel my ears burning... :mickey:

Yep, there's 3 of us on here now. I remembered my mum talking about it before our last trip (2004) and all the cool things she heard and hints she got. I'd be pushing for us to go back for a while at this point but in the second half of 2008 we all agreed to at least try for September 2010, I remembered this message board being mentioned last time so at the end of 2008 i joined so I could get up to date with what was new and get get everyone's hints, advice and opinions on everything Disney. We booked our trip (August-September 2010) about a month ago. Since then my mum (as you can see) has started posting again while my sister, TinkerBell-Bell also joined last week.

GO TEAM CRAIK! :number1:

ILoveLegos
11-04-2009, 09:43 PM
It's just me. My sister comes to me for Disney advice. My brother has no interest in Disney. My parents have to listen to me talk Disney regularly. They all do other things with their computers. I'm not married & have no kids, so I tend to have more time to put into the boards - My family reaps the benefits of my Intercot research - when they want it! :blush:

DisneyOtaku
11-06-2009, 10:54 AM
My younger sister is the one who told me about Intercot in the first place. I think she's more of a lurker than a responder, though (I can't even remember her SN on here).

Mammabruski
11-06-2009, 07:29 PM
My DM is the one who got me hooked! It's fun when we find each other on posts and make comments to each other, but sometimes she'll comment on a thread I started without noticing it's me! Wonder if she'll find me here...Pirate Granny, are you out there? :mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
11-14-2009, 10:48 PM
I joined first then my younger sis, Crazypoohbear joined and then the youngest sis, Stitchahula joined. Then one of my nephew's friends joined, Hey Mrs L it's that guy. (I think) He doesn't post too often especially now that he's off in college.

crazypoohbear
11-15-2009, 09:52 AM
I joined first then my younger sis, Crazypoohbear joined and then the youngest sis, Stitchahula joined. Then one of my nephew's friends joined, Hey Mrs L it's that guy. (I think) He doesn't post too often especially now that he's off in college.

He's "hey Mrs L it's this guy"
I'm MRS L and he always points to himself with two thumbs and says "this guy"

beksy
11-16-2009, 12:14 AM
Its just me. Dad isn't interested, Mom is a little electronically challenged, and my sister is perfectly happy to let me plan and learn everything so I can answer her questions!