PDA

View Full Version : boma

Just-Keep-Swimming
11-01-2009, 01:00 PM
i am planning to eat at boma on my next trip!(the highlight, as we had wanted to stay at AKL):mickey: i have heard a lot of good things about it, but i just wanted to hear some more opinions on the food, service and environment:D

Also, what are some other must-do restaurants throughout disney world???:thumbsup:

Maxwell
11-01-2009, 01:37 PM
Outstanding on all counts! You will love it. The only drawbacks that I found were that it was a buffet and the place gets pretty crowded. But the food is wonderful! Great selection of unique food as well as staples. Make sure you save room for the dessert bar!

SBETigg
11-01-2009, 01:44 PM
Food: Outstanding. I start with the soups, so many delicious soups! And then just go through and try everything I can manage before I get full. Save room for dessert. We took small portions, just a taste, so we could sample as much as possible, and it was all so good, but we want to go back because we couldn't get to everything.

Service: Good. Our drinks were refilled and plates whisked away with efficiency. At a buffet, who could ask for anything more?

Atmosphere: Fair. The AKL has fantastic atmosphere, and that helps make up for a lackluster space in Boma. It's clean and accessible, maybe a little too cafeteria-like, but again, for a buffet, it meets expectations.

Mysttree
11-01-2009, 02:21 PM
I agree with previous posters- Boma Rocks!!
Even if you have picky eaters in the group you can all find something that you LOVE.
Yes, it is cafeteria-like in seating.
However each station has a chef there to explain food & to prepare something if requested. I.E. my husband is allergic to Bell Peppers- he saw a soupd that he really wanted to try...but when we asked the chef he replied that it did have bell peppers...OK, end of story--or so we thought.
We returned to our table, and like 10 minutes later the chef brought out a freshly made batch- without the bell peppers- it was out of this world!!
We make it a definite part of every trip now.
I don't as a rule like buffet's but that being said- at WDW they are taken to another level.
I have never had a bad meal at any of the signature restuarants. :cloud9: If you really like food- and can afford it I really recommend any of them.
Most of the restuarants at Epcot are also delish.
Personal faves- the rest. in Canada, England, Morroco, Italy, & France!!
50's Prime Time in Studios is good- very home-cookin' like, so if you prefer fancier fare I'd recommend elsewhere. (They do have large portions that are very good)
Hope this helps- Happy Eating!!

pcoleman
11-01-2009, 06:58 PM
I loved everything about boma but the food.I am a VERYYYYY pickey eater and could not find much. I would go back though just to be at AKL and enjoy the whole feeling about this place. I think everyone should try it and see for themselves.

PoohRules
11-01-2009, 07:42 PM
Agree with most other posters, Boma is two thumbs way up! We were fortunate enough to get bumped to the AKL the year it opened (my my what a bump, from POFQ) and fell in love with the lodge. As we were staying there, we checked out Boma one night. OMG - DH always insists this one is on the list. Honestly, it is the only reason I get out of paying for us to stay there - he is apeased with spending one night browsing around the lodge and eating at either Boma or Jiko (both very different, both very good).

Service is buffet, it has always been good...but sometimes better than others (depending on your server). It is rather loud, especially during crowded times. The buffet itself is laid out well that allows folks to walk around those that are really pondering what to get. We generally get a taste of most things and same with the dessert bar - which sadly fills us up too quickly. This is one of the places we are glad we walk so much each day to help offset our overeating.

HIghly recommend staying here if financially possible, but a great alternative is spending a casual evening here checking out the lodge and eating at Boma (or Jiko for a splurge).

DakotaDisney
11-01-2009, 11:04 PM
Very Good!!:thumbsup:

Good food, I have had good service and I never found it over crowded.

Very good for breakfast as well!!

1goofyfamily
11-02-2009, 12:18 PM
I think I gained 10 pounds at Boma alone last time we ate there. I had so many bowls of soup they were all so good. And all the desserts were fabulous. Everything had great mixes of flavors. It was my FIL's birthday and they embarrassed him quite well. Can't wait to eat there next month!! And the AKL is great to walk around and look at too.
Everyone must do Hoopdedoo at least once.
Le Celier is great (one of my sons says the green beans are the best ever) and we love Chef Mickeys.

wdwfan
11-02-2009, 07:38 PM
Ate there last Friday and it was great on all accounts. It's a must for us every trip. We like sitting in Victoria Falls (bar above Boma) before dinner for a drink.
Now waiting for Dec. 14th, so we can eat dinner there again. :number1:

elmjimmlm
11-02-2009, 08:47 PM
One of our best meals in August...We loved it...There were some soups that I crave and would love to have...Our waiter was THE best...His family grew up about an hour from where we live and he knew about our town...We will go back again...
Just to let you know, we were told that its a revolving menu and the buffet is different all the time...Any question we had about the food was answered in detail and we loved that...:thumbsup:

Belle_0717
11-02-2009, 09:37 PM
It's the best buffet around. If you are staying in AKL you can go for a tour before it opens. My DH and I went for the tour and Chef showed us all the dishes and explained what each one was. We weren't able to eat there until the next evening, but the chef told us if we saw something we liked from the tour and it wasn't available the night we went to ask for him and he would get it for us. It is our favorite restaurant and we go there every trip.

Just-Keep-Swimming
11-03-2009, 01:36 PM
It sounds great!:cloud9: cant wait to get there! thanx all!!!:woohoo:

GreenBeetle
11-03-2009, 03:22 PM
We're trying Boma as soon as we arrive on January 2nd and I can't wait!!

DizneyFreak2002
11-03-2009, 06:58 PM
Just ate there 2 weeks ago and loved it.. Want another good place?? SANAA... very very good...