PDA

View Full Version : Very Sad

snuggs30
10-31-2009, 03:31 PM
Well my son has swine flu and he has had it for a almost a week now. The worst part is over except for the terrible terrible cough! He is still kind of not with it and I am so glad this didn't go into something worse! With his past history of respitory problems I am extremely thankful and relieved. But we were suppose to be in Disney Oct. 30- Nov. 8th so we moved it back to not leave till the 2nd of Nov. Well today he woke up and is just not feeling to hot so i made that awful call to cancel our trip! I did not want to take the chance of him spreading this down there! Also he would not have been able to swim and that is his favorite thing to do! I am just so sad because of all the effort i put in this trip and to sit here and unpack makes me cry! But all i can think about is how he made it through and alot of other kids are not! I hope people realize how sick they can make people if they go down there with this stuff, so please rethink or reschedule your trip if something like this happens to your family! Unfortunatly we could not reschedule!:( Thanks for letting me vent!

faline
10-31-2009, 04:16 PM
I'm so sorry you lost out on this trip and want to thank you for being so kindly considerate of all the folks your son might come into contact with while potentially still being contagious!

I wish him a speedy recovery! :pixie::pixie::pixie:

SBETigg
10-31-2009, 04:26 PM
Really sorry that your son is sick and that you had to cancel. But of course, you know you're doing the right thing. I hope your son gets well soon, and that you all stay well, and you get to go and enjoy your trip soon!

retiredfigment
10-31-2009, 04:43 PM
I know how hard this must be for you. I am sending you positive thoughts for your son's quick recovery and that no one else gets sick. Why not spend a day watching Disney movies, making rice krispie treats and checking out other Disney recipes. Not the same, I know, but maybe it will cheer you up.

BluewaterBrad
10-31-2009, 04:57 PM
Gosh....I am so sorry. Hope your son gets better soon. That had to have been a tough cancellation call. Here's to a trip soon wish:thumbsup:!:mickey:

sassy2000
10-31-2009, 05:11 PM
So sorry... but you definitely did the responsible thing by not going right now. Hopefully you will be able to plan another trip real soon! :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-31-2009, 05:25 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your cancelled trip :(

But, your son is getting better, and there WILL be another trip in the future. Still, I can only imagine how hard it must be right now.

TheVBs
10-31-2009, 11:09 PM
I am so sorry! :( I hope he recovers soon and you're able to plan another Disney trip!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-31-2009, 11:17 PM
I can only imagine how disappointed you must be. I hope your son has a speedy recovery and that you can start planning anothter trip soon.

jennsky
11-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Sending pixie dust your way. We leave this Friday for Florida and I've been so scared about my kids getting sick with H1N1 before we go and/or while we're down there. So, truly, you've been a responsible parent and have been extremely considerate of your fellow Disney vacationers. I would be devastated, just like you, but you are truly fortunate that your child is getting better. That's a blessing! Maybe you could treat yourself on the next vacation and upgrade your reservations or something. Either way, pixie dust to your family. :(

Tinkerfreak
11-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Wow I am really sorry for you. I know you are glad that your son is ok but it still has to hurt. We leave in a little over 2 weeks and I am so worried about this flu ruining our trip. I hope that you get to go back soon and that it ends up being an even better trip.
I hope you and your son feel better soon.

kakn7294
11-02-2009, 02:53 PM
I'm sooo sorry you had to cancel! I know you are doing the right thing for you and your son but it still hurts to have to cancel. Hopefully you can reschedule soon and will have a great trip! :pixie: for your son's recovery!

KylesMom
11-02-2009, 03:01 PM
I can imagine how difficult it was to make the call to cancel your trip. Sending an extra dose of pixie dust not only for your son, but for you, too. :tink:Hopefully you'll be able to reschedule your trip in the near future when DS is healthy and happy.