PDA

View Full Version : When does the Christmas Decor get taken down?

zukio
10-31-2009, 01:22 PM
When does the Christmas Decor get taken down from the parks in DisneyWorld? I'm going on January 7th.

BEAU

Altair
10-31-2009, 01:25 PM
It will be mostly, if not completly gone by then. It will start coming down January 4.:(

Strmchsr
10-31-2009, 02:01 PM
Agreed. After Jan 3-4 it comes down pretty quick. There will be some stuff still up on the 7th but you'll notice more and more of it disappearing each day.

Daisy'sMom
11-01-2009, 10:29 AM
And by then, I am most grateful that it is being taken down.
I love Disney at Christmas, it is amazing. But I have this thing about taking down decorations right after them.
At least Disney waits til after New Year's. I start taking ours down the day after Christmas much to my family's chagrin.

Strmchsr
11-01-2009, 01:14 PM
At least Disney waits til after New Year's. I start taking ours down the day after Christmas much to my family's chagrin.

Since a lot of places start putting it up in October I tend to agree, but most folks don't seem to realize that the Christmas season actually doesn't end until Jan 6 (Epiphany). The 12 days of Christmas refer to the days after Christmas, not leading up to it. Just a little FYI.:D

DisneyFanaticDargon
11-01-2009, 03:53 PM
You gotta admit it's pretty much amazing how the majority of visible decorations seem to spring up overnight on November 1st.

I don't count the Osbourne or Castle lights because they're not really festive or even noticeable if they're not lit up.

ANG
11-01-2009, 05:02 PM
I am wondering about the other end of that. When does it all go up?

Strmchsr
11-01-2009, 06:35 PM
I am wondering about the other end of that. When does it all go up?

As DisneyFanaticDargon stated, it pretty much starts going up Nov 1. By the time MVMCP starts around Nov 11 MK is pretty well done. The rest of the stuff is finished off by Thanksgiving and all of the Epcot stuff starts after Thanksgiving.

Melanie
11-01-2009, 06:42 PM
I was actually quite surprised a few years back just how many decorations were still up over marathon weekend, which is the second weekend of January.

WelshieLover
11-03-2009, 04:25 PM
We were there Jan 3 - Jan 11 2009. On the 3rd they were still playing Christmas music everwhere. We were able to see the Osborne Lights its last nitght which was on the 4th. Each day after that more and more of the decorations would disappear. We made a game out of figuring out what was gone each day. There is a good chance on marathon weekend some of them will still be up. It was a great time to go.

Marathon Saturday was a little crazy because there were major changes to the transportation routes. To go to EPCOT they bused you over to the TTC where you would have to take the monorail over. We got the brochures overnigth but did not read the fine print enough to plan properly.