PDA

View Full Version : 20,000 leagues lagoon

Mysttree
10-30-2009, 08:08 PM
I seem to vaguely remember that the old 20,000 leagues lagoon had been converted into a different ride. Is that so? If is it- what is it?
I LOVED 20,000 leagues ride as a child and have hated to see that just sitting there unused all these years.
TIA,

Joannelet
10-30-2009, 08:12 PM
thats where they built Pooh's playground over :(

DVC2004
10-30-2009, 08:51 PM
Yes in WDW it's Pooh's Hundred Acre Wood play area.:(
At DL however it is a new attraction with Nemo where you still go in a submarine. It's very cool! They should have done the same at WDW. I think guests would prefer an attraction over a playground any day.

Joannelet
10-30-2009, 09:04 PM
I was in my glory when I went to DIsneyland last year and got to ride on the submarines once again. I think I was crying the entire time on line for it saying why didn't they do this in WDW!!!!!! :pout:

Greenlawler
10-31-2009, 02:01 AM
Yes in WDW it's Pooh's Hundred Acre Wood play area.:(
At DL however it is a new attraction with Nemo where you still go in a submarine. It's very cool! They should have done the same at WDW. I think guests would prefer an attraction over a playground any day.

Agreed, while my kids love the playgrounds, especially Donald's Boat. I always wonder why we drove hundreds of miles to play on a playground...;) ????
Anyways the DL Nemo submarine ride is very cool and uses some of the same tech as the Epcot Nemo ride. It also has pieces from the original ride still visible. Rumor has it the sea creature is still there somewhere but we did not see him.

TheRustyScupper
10-31-2009, 06:56 AM
I seem to vaguely remember that the old 20,000 leagues lagoon had been converted into a different ride. Is that so?

1) Yes and no.
2) Before 20,000 closed they did character meets while you waited.
3) After it closed, the entire waiting/line areas became a Pooh meet/greet.
4) Then, they filled dirt and made it the playground.
5) Now, they are remodeling and building the "new" Fantasyland.

LudwigVonDrake
10-31-2009, 11:12 PM
It used to be in the area across from the Winnie the Pooh ride.

DisneyFanaticDargon
11-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Only a VERY small portion of the lagoon was converted to a Playground. It's not even as big as the original queue and loading area. The rest was just flattened out and left as open grass (albeit, backstage), including the area of the former show building. All this empty land is probably earmarked for the new Little Mermaid attraction which would likely require the most free space out of all the things they're adding.

Imagineer1981
11-03-2009, 02:48 PM
Only a VERY small portion of the lagoon was converted to a Playground. It's not even as big as the original queue and loading area. The rest was just flattened out and left as open grass (albeit, backstage), including the area of the former show building. All this empty land is probably earmarked for the new Little Mermaid attraction which would likely require the most free space out of all the things they're adding.

Exactly, not that much of it was actually taken by Pooh, and on that subject, I too was a Pooh hater as a "Pooh's wasteful spot" but after going with my son who is now 20months, it was well worth it. The little ones need a place to unwind

Gator
11-03-2009, 06:21 PM
My kids love the little park. It let's them stretch their legs and run. That being said, they'd probably like it more if they had changed it to the Nemo ride. All they had to do was change it from Captain Nemo to Nemo the Clownfish.