PDA

View Full Version : What is "The Sum of All Thrills" ride?

Mysttree
10-30-2009, 08:06 PM
Hi All,
I was reading a trip report that mentioned "The Sum of All Thrills"-- what is it? Where is it?
TIA

Lakin
10-30-2009, 09:27 PM
Hi All,
I was reading a trip report that mentioned "The Sum of All Thrills"-- what is it? Where is it?
TIA

It's a CyberSpace Mountain type ride in EPCOT. I'm not too sure on details.

BluewaterBrad
10-31-2009, 10:32 AM
Rode it twice few days ago. You design a ride either jet,bobsled, or rollercoaster. You design it based on basic math principles. You then "ride" your design by a virtual reality "robot". VERY fun!! We did it right after Soarin at around 8:30 am. The lines by 10:00 were huge!! Much longer than Soarin all day. It was a lot of fun. A "must do" at least once I think. The "newness" might wear off later, but right now it is going to be a very "hot ticket" ride. Have fun!!:mickey:

BigThunderFan
11-01-2009, 07:35 PM
How long did it take from designing the ride down to riding it?

Joannelet
11-01-2009, 09:16 PM
Is this the same type of thing as in DIsney Quest?

DisneyFr33k
11-02-2009, 04:44 PM
We rode it last week. It is in Innovations East - on the left as you are walking towards Test Track/Mission Space right after you pass Mouse Gears. Or if you have just completed riding TT or MS, it is right in front of you.

You first get a credit card type of thing (even if 2 of your ride it together). You are put in a room and a number (in pairs if you ride with another person) and watch a 4 minute video, introducing you to what it is all about. Then you are ushered out of the room to a computer with the same number you were standing on and you have 4 minutes to create your own roller coaster ride, bob sled ride or jet plane ride. When you are done, you go up one of two sets of stairs to the simulators - 2 are on each side and wait your turn. All your belongings are secured in a locker - your wear the key around your wrist on a stretchy band. You sit in the simulator and a huge machine that looks to me like the head of a creature in Alien is lowered down. If you are riding with a partner, you can see the other on your computer screen. You are able to stop the ride with a stop button at your finger tips and the cast members can see your facial expressions at all times on a computer screen outside the ride.

My son, who doesn't like tummy drops, made the most extreme roller coaster with all the turn, inversions, drops etc. Since you don't feel the tummy drops, just flips and turns upside down, he LOVED it! We rode it 5 times between 9:00-10:00.

Oh, the credit card they give you can be used at home. Since we just got home yesterday, we have't had a chance to find out more about it.

Caution:

The bob sled doesn't go upside down and there are height restrictions to be able to be invereted - I believe 54". 48" is the minimum to create a non-inversion ride. (someone please
Not all body types fit. It does discriminate larger people.

HMFan
11-04-2009, 12:30 PM
Oh, Darn....I was just going to ask about size/comfort of the ride. I am a walking mountain, so I guess I am out of luck??

GrumpyFan
11-04-2009, 03:13 PM
Oh, Darn....I was just going to ask about size/comfort of the ride. I am a walking mountain, so I guess I am out of luck??

There's a test seat off to the left of the entrance that you can check to see if you will fit. We rode it last month and weren't terribly impressed with it.

#1donaldfan
11-05-2009, 12:34 PM
I can't wait till June !!:party:

cEveArdenfan
11-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Can we use the cards more than once, without having to ride the same coaster? I feel bad taking a new one every time.

DisneyFr33k
11-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Can we use the cards more than once, without having to ride the same coaster? I feel bad taking a new one every time.

I re-used my card every time I went on. It just saved over the previous ride with my new one!