PDA

View Full Version : crowds in april

motherof4
10-30-2009, 05:19 PM
I was just wondering if there is a really big crowd for April vacation and if the wait was very long for the rides I have always gone in Aug and there was a very short wait for almost all of the attractions.

Strmchsr
10-30-2009, 07:17 PM
Especially with Easter occurring in April this year, yeah, crowds are significant. Especially the first couple of weeks. They'll die down some towards the end of the month, but then you deal with Grad Nights, which means lots of teenagers and MK closing early.

SBETigg
10-30-2009, 11:08 PM
It really depends on when your April vacation falls. If it falls within a week of Easter one way or the other, expect crowds. If not, you could get lucky. We went during April spring vacation for MA schools this year (April 20-25, Easter was April 12) and it was moderate crowds and very manageable.

the other micki
10-30-2009, 11:12 PM
My family vacationed at Disney the last week of April this year. It was very manageable crowd-wise. Grad nites had been the third week in April, so did not affect us. We had a wonderful trip!

Darbylew
10-30-2009, 11:23 PM
Easter week is crowded as so many schools have that week as their spring break. We have
been in April before and it was as crowded as
I thought it would be. Enjoy your time at WDW.
It is fun no matter what!
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
10 DAYS!!!!! :D:mickey:

EPCOTGAL1
11-01-2009, 06:26 AM
We are leaving for WDW on April 16 (MA vacation week 19 through 23). Grad nights start on 23 according to 2010 calendar. Easter is very early April 4. We have visited 2007 and 2008 during April vacation and LOVE IT! Great weather, very manageable crowds. If you go, have a GREAT time :mickey:

Genie1953
11-01-2009, 01:40 PM
We will be there from April 10 thru the 18th celebrating our 30th anniversary. Sounds like we may have picked a perfect time to go....after the Easter crowds and before the grads hit there. I think we may have some spring break activity but I would think not as much as earlier that month or in March.
I know one thing for sure....when we picked our wedding date all those years ago we did not even give it a thought as to it's proximity to Easter and that it might interfere with future anniversary celebrations at Disneyworld..:mickey:..and certainly did not anticipate having a daughter who is an accountant....believe me....having a wedding anniversary of April 12th (3 days before tax deadline and the busiest time of the year for her) makes it rather difficult for her to be with us to celebrate since since she lives about 700 miles away. Was okay when she lived here but not so good with her that far away. :( Guess we werent' thinking about those sort of things way back then.

nat
09-25-2010, 09:31 AM
2011 crowds for April vacation! We are thinking of going on 4/15 - 4/19 (Friday-Tuesday) with Easter falling on April 24?
What do think??? Will waits be really bad??

Gregandmel
09-25-2010, 09:42 AM
2011 crowds for April vacation! We are thinking of going on 4/15 - 4/19 (Friday-Tuesday) with Easter falling on April 24?
What do think??? Will waits be really bad??

It shouldn't be "too" bad....although I would imagine that the crowds will pick up each day as it gets closer to Easter. With peak crowds being the week before & after, there will be people around (as well as some tail end Spring Breakers) but just get to the parks early and make the best of Fast Passes. Enjoy your trip!

Disney4us2
09-25-2010, 10:33 AM
We will be there during the busiest time. DD and our friend and her DD are both out of school during that week. This is a multi celebration of sorts... my birthday included:party:

We arrive on April 16 to the 22nd. We will be having a lot of mid day resort time and a water park once during the trip. I expect the crowds to be just crazy busy.

luvdiznee
09-25-2010, 11:28 AM
This is when we are thinking about going...but with crowds and no discounts on top of that...:confused:

Disney4us2
09-25-2010, 12:06 PM
This is when we are thinking about going...but with crowds and no discounts on top of that...:confused:

Unless you are driving.... HIGH air fare:(

luvdiznee
09-25-2010, 12:10 PM
Unless you are driving.... HIGH air fare:(

WOW! I didn't even get to see that. Thanks for the info. :(