PDA

View Full Version : ending of daylight saving time

motherof4
10-30-2009, 05:15 PM
It is so depressing Sunday we change the clocks again. The sun will be setting at 4:37 I have a question for a Florida resident does it get dark just as early as it does here I live in Mass. I am curious because when I was in Orlando in Aug it was still dark at 645 am and I know it was light at home.

Ed
10-30-2009, 08:49 PM
Central Florida's longitude is considerably farther west than Massachusetts; in fact the far west end of the Florida Panhandle lies in the Central time zone. As a result, our sunrises and sunsets occur roughly 45 minutes after yours.

Hope this sheds some light on the subject. Pun intended. :D

motherof4
10-31-2009, 12:30 AM
Thank you for clearing this up

ILoveLegos
10-31-2009, 12:44 AM
Very, true - this is one of the first things I noticed when I moved into my FL secondary home! The sunsets were about 45 minute later, however - I often awoke to pre-dawn darkness for my morning walks. That worked out too because I can have a little breakfast before my walk! :thumbsup:

That's another reason why I love going to FL in January, it is a great escape from the harsh winters & lack of Vitamin "D". :)

BrerGnat
11-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Mass. is also a lot further NORTH than Florida. Latitude plays a role in the time of the sunset in winter as well...