PDA

View Full Version : Disney Trivia (Expert Edition)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Main Street Jim
11-19-2012, 09:04 PM
2) Why is the WDWRR rolling stock that is used in the MK's opening ceremony not normally used for the transportation of guests?

Well... they do have to fit many characters on the train for opening and I'd assume that the regular passenger cars wouldn't have enough space to accommodate them (also so the characters can step off the train on the reverse side, facing the Mickey floral and Entrance Plaza).

This is what I was after. It takes around 2 hours to fit the safety rails on the non-platform side. I believe that these carriages are normally associated with the No. 2 - Lilly Belle.

Anything else you can add Main Street Jim?

I can add that it's about 2 hours *per car* to add those "safety things" onto the train. The 200 coaches (the green ones, and yes, usually associated with Lilly) have no railings on the first two cars, so that the characters and "First Family" can exit on the left-hand ("turnstile") side of the platform to greet guests.

Each set of coaches <passenger cars> is numbered: 100 (red); 200 (green); 300 (yellow); and 400 (blue). They're not *permanently* assigned to any one locomotive, although each locomotive is numbered 1 through 4 (which gives me a good idea for another railroad trivia question later!).

Elias1901
11-21-2012, 07:49 AM
I can add that it's about 2 hours *per car* to add those "safety things" onto the train. The 200 coaches (the green ones, and yes, usually associated with Lilly) have no railings on the first two cars, so that the characters and "First Family" can exit on the left-hand ("turnstile") side of the platform to greet guests.

Each set of coaches <passenger cars> is numbered: 100 (red); 200 (green); 300 (yellow); and 400 (blue). They're not *permanently* assigned to any one locomotive, although each locomotive is numbered 1 through 4 (which gives me a good idea for another railroad trivia question later!).

Very informative, Jim! :thumbsup:

Main Street Jim
11-29-2012, 08:29 PM
Are we in need of some questions? :)

1) What are the color combinations of the locomotives and tenders (I'm not including the coaches, because they can be switched out) of each of the four Walt Disney World trains?

2) What year did Mickey's very Merry Christmas Party debut at Florida's Magic Kingdom?

3) Three-part question from Sleeping Beauty:
a) What is Princess Aurora's father's name?
b) What is the prince's name?
c) What is the prince's horse's name?

4) Name the "segments" (in order) of Illuminations: Reflections of Earth.

5) What attraction at EPCOT's Germany pavilion never made it past the design phase?

6) What is the name of the performing Custodial staff at EPCOT's Future World?

7) Name a Disney animated character starting with the letter "O".

8) What year was Grizzly Hall - home of the "one and only o-riginal Country Bear Jamboree" - "founded"?

9) In the animated feature Dumbo, in what state is the circus setting up in the opening scene?

10) What do Tony the Tiger (of Kellog's Frosted Flakes cereal) and the Haunted Mansion attraction have in common?

Zawadi
11-30-2012, 04:35 PM
Thanks MainStreetJim.

Before answering NM234MM is a Gruman Gulfstream I, purchased in 1963.

7) Name a Disney animated character starting with the letter "O".

Oliver
Oswald
Olivia
Orddu
Orwen
Orgoch
Otto
Orville
Ollie

Zawadi
11-30-2012, 04:40 PM
6) What is the name of the performing Custodial staff at EPCOT's Future World?

Jammitors.
Did you know that the music produced by the guy that plays the saw is cutting edge! :D

Zawadi
11-30-2012, 04:43 PM
10) What do Tony the Tiger (of Kellog's Frosted Flakes cereal) and the Haunted Mansion attraction have in common?

Thurl Ravenscroft

Zawadi
11-30-2012, 04:58 PM
1) What are the color combinations of the locomotives and tenders (I'm not including the coaches, because they can be switched out) of each of the four Walt Disney World trains?

All combinations of red and green. So from the Behind the Steam Trains Tour...

#1 Walt Cab: Red, Boiler: Red, Tender: Red
#3 Roger Cab: Red, Boiler: Green, Tender: Green
#4 Roy Cab: Green, Boiler: Red, Tender: Red

I had to look up Lilly as it would be rude to look at her in the spa
#2 Lilly Cab: Green, Boiler: Green, Tender: Green

Elias1901
12-02-2012, 06:23 AM
Hah. You two are definatly the *TOP* trivia outputters. Bar-none.

Main Street Jim
12-02-2012, 10:25 AM
We need to get more people involved :)

Zawadi
12-02-2012, 04:37 PM
We need to get more people involved :)

Definitely. Plenty read but we need more posters :mickey:

8) What year was Grizzly Hall - home of the "one and only o-riginal Country Bear Jamboree" - "founded"?

Elias1901
12-02-2012, 05:19 PM

I was actually reading up on the CBH just the other day! Funny this came up.

Zawadi
12-03-2012, 05:11 PM
9) In the animated feature Dumbo, in what state is the circus setting up in the opening scene?

Florida

Elias1901
12-03-2012, 06:14 PM
3) Three-part question from Sleeping Beauty:
a) What is Princess Aurora's father's name?
b) What is the prince's name?
c) What is the prince's horse's name?

a) King Stefan
b) Prince Phillip
c) Samson

4) Name the "segments" (in order) of Illuminations: Reflections of Earth.

Introduction
Act I: Chaos
Act II: Life, Adventure
Act III: Celebration and Show Finale
Post Show

MelissaW
12-03-2012, 10:11 PM
Are we in need of some questions? :)

4) Name the "segments" (in order) of Illuminations: Reflections of Earth

Chaos, Order and Meaning

Elias1901
12-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Chaos, Order and Meaning

Umm... :secret:

Zawadi
12-05-2012, 02:33 PM
5) What attraction at EPCOT's Germany pavilion never made it past the design phase?

A boat rode along the Rhine. The entrance hall of which is now the Biergarten's dining hall.

Elias1901
12-11-2012, 07:20 AM
A boat rode along the Rhine. The entrance hall of which is now the Biergarten's dining hall.

Is this where the little gondola boat is in the water?

Main Street Jim
12-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Is this where the little gondola boat is in the water?No, that's in front of the Italy pavilion. The Germany boat ride show building *was* built, but never used. What was going to be the entrance for the queue was a big door inside of what is now the Biegarten.

MelissaW
12-11-2012, 10:40 PM
Umm... :secret:

So was I wrong? More questions please - these are brain teasers and fun!

Elias1901
12-12-2012, 01:12 PM
No, that's in front of the Italy pavilion. The Germany boat ride show building *was* built, but never used. What was going to be the entrance for the queue was a big door inside of what is now the Biegarten.

Oh okay. Now that makes more sense. Do you know why no rides were built? Just lack of funds?

Main Street Jim
12-12-2012, 09:48 PM
Oh okay. Now that makes more sense. Do you know why no rides were built? Just lack of funds?Sent you a PM with a link :thumbsup:

Main Street Jim
12-12-2012, 09:52 PM
Still looking for an answer to #2:

2) What year did Mickey's very Merry Christmas Party debut at Florida's Magic Kingdom?

Then we'll get to more questions ;)

Oh - and about the Illuminations question: Connoisseur was correct with his/her/their answer :) All the rest were correct answers as well. ;)

Elias1901
12-13-2012, 08:36 AM
his/her/their answer :)

All of the above! xD

Zawadi
12-13-2012, 02:58 PM

I'll have a go with 1996 when the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade replaced Mickey's Christmas Cavalcade

Elias1901
12-13-2012, 07:22 PM
Sent you a PM with a link :thumbsup:

Oh! And thanks a bunch for this! Was a very interesting read! :mickey:

Zawadi
12-15-2012, 06:41 AM
MainStreetJim - was the answer to the debut of MVMCP correct? If not then I think that you've beaten us.

In the meantime here's a set of 5 brain teasers :mickey:

1) Which sculptor is credited for the Partners statue?

2) Where in Disneyland (Calif.) did Walt have an apartment?

3) In 1983, Disney Imagineer Tony Baxter came up with the idea for which attraction?

4) Who came up with the line "If we can dream it, we can do it"?

5) What is the connection between the film "Xanadu" and Disney Hollywood Studios?

Elias1901
12-15-2012, 12:42 PM
1) Blane Gibson.

2) Above the Fire Department.

3) Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

4) Walt Disney. Used more recently from Father on Horizons.

5) The entranceway? The structures that look like a skate-rink.

Main Street Jim
12-15-2012, 07:32 PM
The very first MVMCP was held on December 16, 1983. :) :thumbsup:

3) Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.Nope. Big Thunder Mountain debuted in California in 1979 and in Florida in 1980. Hmmm...I'm finding two Tony Baxter Imagineering projects for 1983: The "new" Fantasyland for Disneyland in California, and (the original) Journey Into Imagination at EPCOT Center.

4) Walt Disney. Used more recently from Father on Horizons.Nope. Walt Disney, obviously, had been long gone by then. Tom Fitzgerald wrote the line specifically for Horizons at EPCOT. I have a link to Dave Smith (Disney archivist) if anyone wants to check it out :)

From Dave Smith: Despite its frequent publication, that is *not* a Walt Disney quote. We checked with Imagineer Tom Fitzgerald for the definitive answer: "I am very familiar with that line — because I wrote it! It was written specifically for the Horizons attraction at Epcot and used in numerous ways, from dialogue in the ride to graphics. I find it amusing that the Science of Imagineering DVD series attributes it to Walt Disney, but I guess I should be flattered."

Zawadi
12-15-2012, 07:39 PM
1) Blane Gibson.
Correct

2) Above the Fire Department.
Correct

3) Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
Sorry

4) Walt Disney. Used more recently from Father on Horizons.
Sorry not Walt

5) The entranceway? The structures that look like a skate-rink.
You're correct about the structure but do you know the building in LA?

Zawadi
12-15-2012, 07:43 PM
The very first MVMCP was held on December 16, 1983. :) :thumbsup:
Thanks

Nope. Big Thunder Mountain debuted in California in 1979 and in Florida in 1980. Hmmm...I'm finding two Tony Baxter Imagineering projects for 1983: The "new" Fantasyland for Disneyland in California, and (the original) Journey Into Imagination at EPCOT Center.

The attraction that I'm after had its Disneyland opening in 1989

Nope. Walt Disney, obviously, had been long gone by then. Tom Fitzgerald wrote the line specifically for Horizons at EPCOT. I have a link to Dave Smith (Disney archivist) if anyone wants to check it out :)

From Dave Smith: Despite its frequent publication, that is *not* a Walt Disney quote. We checked with Imagineer Tom Fitzgerald for the definitive answer: "I am very familiar with that line — because I wrote it! It was written specifically for the Horizons attraction at Epcot and used in numerous ways, from dialogue in the ride to graphics. I find it amusing that the Science of Imagineering DVD series attributes it to Walt Disney, but I guess I should be flattered."

Correct

Main Street Jim
12-15-2012, 08:23 PM
3) In 1983, Disney Imagineer Tony Baxter came up with the idea for which attraction?

The attraction that I'm after had its Disneyland opening in 1989.Did you want 1983, or 1989? :)

If it's 1989, it's Splash Mountain. Florida's Splash Mountain debuted on Disneyland's 37th anniversary - July 17, 1992.

squad51
12-15-2012, 08:29 PM
Tony Baxter was involved with the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland.

Main Street Jim
12-15-2012, 09:42 PM
Tony Baxter was involved with the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland.But the first Indy movie was 1984, the second one 1985, and the third one 1988. :) The attraction at Disneyland didn't show up until 1995. She's looking for a 1983 project....*I think*....LOL

Zawadi
12-16-2012, 04:42 AM
Did you want 1983, or 1989? :)

If it's 1989, it's Splash Mountain. Florida's Splash Mountain debuted on Disneyland's 37th anniversary - July 17, 1992.

Both :)

According to Dave Smith, Tom Baxter came up with the idea for Splash Mountain in 1983 which then opened in Disneyland during 1989.

That just leaves the name of the building that is the link between Xanadu and Disney Hollywood Studios

Zawadi
12-16-2012, 04:48 AM
she's looking for ...

wrong - lol

Elias1901
12-16-2012, 10:34 PM
You're correct about the structure but do you know the building in LA?

Not sure completely. But I'll say, "The Pan Pacific Auditorium"?

Zawadi
12-17-2012, 06:07 AM
Not sure completely. But I'll say, "The Pan Pacific Auditorium"?

Correct.

That's all of my questions answered.

Next set please :mickey:

Elias1901
12-17-2012, 06:13 AM
Here's two of my recycled un-answered trivia questions:

1. What two tributes to the original Submarine Voyage can be found in the Finding Nemo: Submarine Voyage at Disneyland?

2. Who did the Sherman Brothers initially want to donate the royalties from the song, "it's a small world" to? What did Walt Disney advise them to do with it instead?

Zawadi
12-17-2012, 04:17 PM
2. Who did the Sherman Brothers initially want to donate the royalties from the song, "it's a small world" to? What did Walt Disney advise them to do with it instead?

a) Charity
b) Put their kids through college

Main Street Jim
12-17-2012, 07:33 PM
wrong - lolMy apologies, then :blush:

Elias1901
12-17-2012, 07:37 PM
a) Charity
b) Put their kids through college

Sure. I'll accept these answers. First portion you're correct on the children's charity answer. However, as far as I know the only thing that both of the brothers mentioned came from their recently released documentary.

Apparently, Walt was driving the two brothers back to the studio from where they were and the boys said that they wanted to donate all the royalties from the song "it's a small world" to the kids. Immediately following that, Walt slammed the brakes on and pulled over and told them that they "Weren't going to give those royalties away." and "Don't be silly... you're getting a lot of money for this."

So, in a round-a-bout way the Sherman Brothers *could* have potentially used it to put their kids through schooling and post-secondary. :)

Main Street Jim
12-17-2012, 09:19 PM
I have *no* idea on the Submarine question; I'm not *that* familiar with the west-coast attractions :blush:

What's the answer? :)

Zawadi
12-18-2012, 03:47 AM
Sure. I'll accept these answers. First portion you're correct on the children's charity answer. However, as far as I know the only thing that both of the brothers mentioned came from their recently released documentary.

Apparently, Walt was driving the two brothers back to the studio from where they were and the boys said that they wanted to donate all the royalties from the song "it's a small world" to the kids. Immediately following that, Walt slammed the brakes on and pulled over and told them that they "Weren't going to give those royalties away." and "Don't be silly... you're getting a lot of money for this."

So, in a round-a-bout way the Sherman Brothers *could* have potentially used it to put their kids through schooling and post-secondary. :)

It took a while to search for this and I found the college reference in a blog on the LA Weekly website "It's a Small World at 45: Songwriter Richard Sherman and Costumer Alice Davis on the Creation of Your Mom's Favorite Disney Ride"

Elias1901
12-18-2012, 06:24 AM
It took a while to search for this and I found the college reference in a blog on the LA Weekly website "It's a Small World at 45: Songwriter Richard Sherman and Costumer Alice Davis on the Creation of Your Mom's Favorite Disney Ride"

Good digging there, Zawadi! :thumbsup:

I have *no* idea on the Submarine question; I'm not *that* familiar with the west-coast attractions :blush:

What's the answer? :)

Haha, Jim... the two answers to this question would have been: The "Nautilus" name that was retained on one of the submarines as well as the original sea serpent incased in plaster rock formations (which are most visible in the form of the sea serpent's head outside of the sub windows). A duplicate clone of the serpent's head (the rock formation at least) was made so the opposite side of the sub could see the serpent tribute as well.

And here's a whack of new questions, spanning many different facets of the Disney-verse:

1. Which company sponsored the attraction, "Adventures Thru Inner Space" at "Disneyland"?

2. What was the secret project code-name used during production of the Disney-PIXAR film, "The Incredibles"?

3. The Mad Doctor was the villain of the original video game, "Disney Epic Mickey". What predominant feature made him unique and perhaps a bit frightening in the game? (hint: he was half/part something)

4. In the original video game, "Disney Epic Mickey" there is a level called "Mickeyjunk Mountain". What attraction is it supposed to reference in "Disneyland"? Why does this mountain have the name it does? (hint: you could play a sport in it's real-world counterpart)

5. Name all four of the consoles that "Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two" has been released on so far.

6. There is a Disney Imagineer (in a variation of themselves) who was recently added to the storyline of a popular attraction in the "Magic Kingdom" at "Walt Disney World". Name this Imagineer.

7. Name the two actors in the "TRON" films that appeared in both movies. What 4 characters (total) do they play?

8. Name the director who is supposedly set to direct a film about the "Magic Kingdom".

9. Name all the "nicknames" of the elevators in "The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror" at "Walt Disney World".

10. What was the month, day and year the Hollywood Tower Hotel was struck by lightning?

11. What two attractions did the Disney Imagineers combine to test the concept for the "Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin" attraction?

12. At the "Disneyland" version of "The Haunted Mansion" attraction, what part of the mansion's facade has/had some signatures of Disney Imagineers on it?

Zawadi
12-18-2012, 02:40 PM
A good set of questions :mickey:

10. What was the month, day and year the Hollywood Tower Hotel was struck by lightning?

8:05pm 31 Oct 1939 (Halloween)

Zawadi
12-18-2012, 02:51 PM
7. Name the two actors in the "TRON" films that appeared in both movies. What 4 characters (total) do they play?
Jeff Bridges - Kevin Flynn & Clu
Bruce Boxleitner - Alan Bradley & Tron

Zawadi
12-18-2012, 03:02 PM
9. Name all the "nicknames" of the elevators in "The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror" at "Walt Disney World".

The six shafts, 4 loading/pre-show shafts and 2 drop shafts are depicted by the letters A...F

Alpha
Bravo
Charlie
Delta

Echo
Foxtrot

The 7th shaft doesn't have a name.

Elias1901
12-18-2012, 05:18 PM
A good set of questions :mickey:

Thanks! Also, bang-up job on questions 7, 9 and 10. You're correct! :number1:

Main Street Jim
12-18-2012, 08:20 PM
1. Which company sponsored the attraction, "Adventures Thru Inner Space" at "Disneyland"?Monsanto, which would also sponsor The House of the Future, and CircleVision 360.

3. The Mad Doctor was the villain of the original video game, "Disney Epic Mickey". What predominant feature made him unique and perhaps a bit frightening in the game? (hint: he was half/part something)Part machine.

4. In the original video game, "Disney Epic Mickey" there is a level called "Mickeyjunk Mountain". What attraction is it supposed to reference in "Disneyland"? Why does this mountain have the name it does? (hint: you could play a sport in it's real-world counterpart)The Matterhorn bobsled attraction at Disneyland. By the way - the sport you can play inside the Matterhorn is basketball. There's a half-court inside the mountain that the mountain climbers would use on their breaks :thumbsup:)

5. Name all four of the consoles that "Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two" has been released on so far.I'm gonna say Wii, Nintendo DS, WiiU, and 3DS.

6. There is a Disney Imagineer (in a variation of themselves) who was recently added to the storyline of a popular attraction in the "Magic Kingdom" at "Walt Disney World". Name this Imagineer.Tony Baxter, who took half of the former Great Western River Expedition and transformed it into Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

8. Name the director who is supposedly set to direct a film about the "Magic Kingdom".Jon Favreau.

11. What two attractions did the Disney Imagineers combine to test the concept for the "Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin" attraction?Mad Tea Party and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride would be my two guesses.

12. At the "Disneyland" version of "The Haunted Mansion" attraction, what part of the mansion's facade has/had some signatures of Disney Imagineers on it?Ya got me on this one...

Elias1901
12-19-2012, 01:04 AM
Monsanto, which would also sponsor The House of the Future, and CircleVision 360.

Correct.

Part machine.

Correct. The Mad Doctor is part animatronic.

The Matterhorn bobsled attraction at Disneyland. By the way - the sport you can play inside the Matterhorn is basketball. There's a half-court inside the mountain that the mountain climbers would use on their breaks :thumbsup:)

Correct. I believe there was something mentioned that they built the basketball court simply because Anaheim County would only allow a structure that tall to be built if it was a sports arena.

However, I am still looking for the second half of this question: "Why does this mountain have the name it does?" (referring to the name "Mickeyjunk Mountain" and what kind of things you would find there, hence it's name)

I'm gonna say Wii, Nintendo DS, WiiU, and 3DS.

That would be half correct. The sequel to the "Disney Epic Mickey" video game has been released on the Nintendo Wii and the Wii-U. What other two consoles am I looking for?

Tony Baxter, who took half of the former Great Western River Expedition and transformed it into Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

Tony Baxter is definitely correct. To elaborate a bit, Tony is now apart of Big Thunder's storyline at the Magic Kingdom in Florida. His likeness is used to portray the founder and president of the Big Thunder Mining Company, Barnabas T. Bullion.

Jon Favreau.

Correct.

Mad Tea Party and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride would be my two guesses.

Good guess! But again, half correct. Mad Tea Party is certainly one of the attractions. In fact, they used the ride vehicle from it. But what was the darkride they attached it onto for the test?

And finally... any guesses on these remaining few questions, folks?

2. What was the secret project code-name used during production of the Disney-PIXAR film, "The Incredibles"?

11. What two attractions did the Disney Imagineers combine to test the concept for the "Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin" attraction?

12. At the "Disneyland" version of "The Haunted Mansion" attraction, what part of the mansion's facade has/had some signatures of Disney Imagineers on it?

Zawadi
12-19-2012, 05:10 PM

Mad Hatter's Teacups & Snow White's Scary Adventures

Elias1901
12-19-2012, 06:57 PM
Mad Hatter's Teacups & Snow White's Scary Adventures

Again, correct on the Mad Tea Party. Unfortunately incorrect on the darkride. Any other guesses?

Zawadi
12-20-2012, 03:00 PM
Again, correct on the Mad Tea Party. Unfortunately incorrect on the darkride. Any other guesses?
Pinocchio's Daring Journey

Zawadi
12-20-2012, 03:09 PM
2. What was the secret project code-name used during production of the Disney-PIXAR film, "The Incredibles"

Tights

Elias1901
12-20-2012, 07:12 PM
Correct on both counts Zawadi! Does anybody have any guesses for the answer to the 12th question before we move on?

Zawadi
12-21-2012, 02:15 PM

The tombstones? They were removed several years ago but the same epitaphs are at WDW.

Otherwise I'm out of ideas!

Elias1901
12-21-2012, 06:54 PM
The tombstones? They were removed several years ago but the same epitaphs are at WDW.

Otherwise I'm out of ideas!

Heh. No, not the tombstones. This one may be a bit tricky as I only somewhat recently heard of it by attending the D23 Expo in 2011. So here's the answer:

On the very top of the Disneyland's Haunted Mansion facade, there is a steeple/rounded tower with several arched doors on it. One of these doors has some Disney Imagineer's names scribbled on the backside of it.

It was on display at the D23 Expo 2011, so I am not sure if they removed it/took it to the archives or they put it back on the mansion, to be honest.

Zawadi
12-23-2012, 04:56 AM
It's Christmas time :santa:. So, my present is a set of 5 easier questions:

1) What was the name and year of Disney's first 3D cartoon?

2) What is the correct geometrical name for the Spaceship Earth building?

3) Who is Topolino?

4) Where can you find the only harpist in WDW?

5) Which Pixar film was based on "The Seven Samuri"?

In an attempt to get more Intercotters involved would you mind if I asked that you don't answer all of the questions in one go. :grinch:

:tree: Enjoy and Seasons Greetings :tree:

Elias1901
12-23-2012, 09:58 AM
Ack! Haha, I had answered all 5 questions but then deleted some after reading your message about not answering all of them before posting. :blush:

"Working for Peanuts", produced in 1953 (evidently the first film to be shot in 3D). In 2006, it was remastered and converted into Disney Digital 3D to be the short film preceding, "Meet the Robinsons" (2007).

A geosphere.

Zawadi
12-23-2012, 04:49 PM
Ack! Haha, I had answered all 5 questions but then deleted some after reading your message about not answering all of them before posting. :blush:
Thanks

"Working for Peanuts", produced in 1953 (evidently the first film to be shot in 3D). In 2006, it was remastered and converted into Disney Digital 3D to be the short film preceding, "Meet the Robinsons" (2007).

1953 is correct but that was the second film

A geosphere.
There is a more specific name which refers to the number of facets.

Elias1901
12-24-2012, 01:12 AM
1953 is correct but that was the second film.

Oh! Then it would have to be, "Melody".

There is a more specific name which refers to the number of facets.

If a geosphere or geodesic dome weren't what you were after... you're probably after the term, "pentakidodecaedre".

Zawadi
12-24-2012, 11:35 AM
Oh! Then it would have to be, "Melody".

Correct.
"Adventures in Music: Melody" is its full title.

If a geosphere or geodesic dome weren't what you were after... you're probably after the term, "pentakidodecaedre".

or "pentakis dodecahedron" in the singular

-----------

7h 25m until Midnight so an early Merry Christmas to all

Elias1901
12-24-2012, 11:30 PM

A Bug's Life.

(I don't want to hog all the questions, after all it is the Christmas season and people are probably busy with friends and family. Should I just hold off on answering anymore questions until somebody else does? Heh, I really enjoy these games! :thumbsup:)

Zawadi
12-25-2012, 06:05 AM

A Bug's Life.

Correct

(I don't want to hog all the questions, after all it is the Christmas season and people are probably busy with friends and family. Should I just hold off on answering anymore questions until somebody else does?

Just go with the flow :turtle:. If it has gone quiet then chip in again :santa:

Heh, I really enjoy these games! :thumbsup:)

:thumbsup:

That leaves...

3) Who is Topolino?

Main Street Jim
12-25-2012, 09:19 PM
3) Who is Topolino?Mickey Mouse - in Italian, I believe.

4) Where can you find the only harpist in WDW?Grand Floridian?

Elias1901
12-26-2012, 02:20 AM
Grand Floridian?

I believe you're right on this one. My answer was gonna be specifically at the Fairytale Weddings Pavilion... I think Victoria & Albert's as well. I'm not 100% certain exactly.

Zawadi
12-26-2012, 06:18 AM
3) Who is Topolino?

Mickey Mouse - in Italian, I believe.

Yes. The translation is "Little Mouse"

Grand Floridian?

I believe you're right on this one. My answer was gonna be specifically at the Fairytale Weddings Pavilion... I think Victoria & Albert's as well. I'm not 100% certain exactly.

You're both right :mickey:

Who would like to post the next set of questions?

Elias1901
12-27-2012, 07:33 AM
1. In Monsters Inc, what do the employees of the sushi restaurant Harryhausen's, shout whenever someone enters?

2. In Sleeping Beauty, what gift does Mistress Flora give Princess Aurora?

3. True or False? The Partners statue is located in every Magic Kingdom style Disney Park worldwide.

4. What is Ursula's human name?

5. In Aladdin, the genie wears a hat from which famous Disney character at the end of the movie?

6. In the Disney Epic Mickey videogame series, what is the name of the Disney character that created the forgotten cartoon world of Wasteland?

7. What is Boo's real name from Monsters, Inc.?

8. In Disney's Animal Kingdom's DINOSAUR attraction, how many Carnotaurus animatronics can be seen during the ride?

Zawadi
12-27-2012, 12:50 PM
3. True or False? The Partners statue is located in every Magic Kingdom style Disney Park worldwide.

You would think true but alas it is false :(

California has the first followed by WDW and DLR-Tokyo

DLR-Paris has one but it is not in the Magic Kingdom, but next door at Studios.

DLR-HK doesn't have one. I'll confirm this in April when I go there.

Elias1901
12-27-2012, 02:45 PM
You would think true but alas it is false :(

California has the first followed by WDW and DLR-Tokyo

DLR-Paris has one but it is not in the Magic Kingdom, but next door at Studios.

DLR-HK doesn't have one. I'll confirm this in April when I go there.

Correctamundo!

Zawadi
12-28-2012, 11:17 AM
7. What is Boo's real name from Monsters, Inc.?

Mary Gibbs (same as the voice artist)

Elias1901
12-28-2012, 04:46 PM
Mary Gibbs (same as the voice artist)

Two for two! Good job! :thumbsup:

In the film, Boo's real name is written on the bottom of one of her crayon drawings from her bedroom.

Zawadi
12-29-2012, 03:04 AM
2. In Sleeping Beauty, what gift does Mistress Flora give Princess Aurora?

I get Flora & Fauna confused. One gave song the other beauty but which gave which? Coin spin time ...

Heads, so I'm going for "Flora gave beauty"

Elias1901
12-30-2012, 03:44 AM
I get Flora & Fauna confused. One gave song the other beauty but which gave which? Coin spin time ...

Heads, so I'm going for "Flora gave beauty"

Flora is the plumper pink one (kind of the leader of the three), Fauna is the taller green one. And yes, you're correct again!

Zawadi
12-30-2012, 06:49 AM

It's quiet on here at the moment. Probably too much food during the season's festivities :)

Vanessa

Elias1901
12-31-2012, 05:22 AM
It's quiet on here at the moment. Probably too much food during the season's festivities :)

Vanessa

Haha. Nice one. And you're correct, once again! :party:

Zawadi
01-01-2013, 06:38 AM
5. In Aladdin, the genie wears a hat from which famous Disney character at the end of the movie?

Are you referring to the Goofy holler hat in the scene when Genie packs his bags, incl. golf clubs, after being set free?

Elias1901
01-02-2013, 05:08 AM
Are you referring to the Goofy holler hat in the scene when Genie packs his bags, incl. golf clubs, after being set free?

Yep. You're correct again. Sure looks a whole lot like the Goofy hats (the ones with his head, nose and bucked-teeth) that's sold at the parks! ;)

MelissaW
01-02-2013, 08:57 PM
1. In Monsters Inc, what do the employees of the sushi restaurant Harryhausen's, shout whenever someone enters?

8. In Disney's Animal Kingdom's DINOSAUR attraction, how many Carnotaurus animatronics can be seen during the ride?

1. "Get a paper bag!"
2. Vanessa
8. Three ? - I think...

Elias1901
01-03-2013, 03:07 PM
1. "Get a paper bag!"

Correct.

2. Vanessa

Correct again.

8. Three ? - I think...

Yes. :cloud9:

badkitty
01-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Happy New Year!

The answer to #6 is Yensid.

Elias1901
01-07-2013, 02:27 PM
Happy New Year!

The answer to #6 is Yensid.

Correct! :smickey:

Zawadi
01-08-2013, 03:22 PM
I think that the previous set has been completed so, here's the next set...

Which sci-fi writer links the Orbitron at Disneyland Paris and Spaceship Earth?
What were the "Sea Cabs"?
Who are the Beagle Boys?
When did Scrooge McDuck first appear?
Name Merlin's pet owl in The Sword and the Stone?
Which character has appeared in more cartoons than any other character?
In which year did the first Disney Store open?
Who do Pain and Panic serve?
What is the Golden Oak, purchased by Walt in 1959?
Name the first cartoon in which Chip n Dale were first credited?

Enjoy :mickey:

Elias1901
01-10-2013, 02:18 PM
7. In which year did the first Disney Store open?

Being the Creative Consultant (assistant manager) for our local Disney Store, I am pretty sure that I'd be obligated to answer this question. Or risk being fired. One of the two... ;)

The answer being, March 28, 1987. The store opened up in the Glendale Galleria in Glendale, California. :mickey2:

Zawadi
01-10-2013, 02:37 PM
Being the Creative Consultant (assistant manager) for our local Disney Store, I am pretty sure that I'd be obligated to answer this question. Or risk being fired. One of the two... ;)

The answer being, March 28, 1987. The store opened up in the Glendale Galleria in Glendale, California. :mickey2:

You're taking a risk here!

A career limiting answer?

No way! Thought that you'd find the answer in your induction notes :mickey:

Elias1901
01-10-2013, 07:56 PM
Who are the Beagle Boys?

The Beagle Boys are the villianous bank robber beagles from the DuckTales Comic Books and the Disney Afternoon TV Show.

Zawadi
01-11-2013, 05:17 PM
The Beagle Boys are the villianous bank robber beagles from the DuckTales Comic Books and the Disney Afternoon TV Show.

Correct again :mickey:

Elias1901
01-13-2013, 02:03 PM
2. What were the "Sea Cabs"?

The Sea Cabs were the ride vehicles in The Living Seas attraction, where the Clam Mobiles and The Seas with Nemo & Friends resides today. :nemo:

Main Street Jim
01-13-2013, 10:13 PM
Which sci-fi writer links the Orbitron at Disneyland Paris and Spaceship Earth?Ray Bradbury

When did Scrooge McDuck first appear?1947

Name Merlin's pet owl in The Sword and the Stone?Archimedes

Which character has appeared in more cartoons than any other character?If you're referring to any of the Fab Five: I'm going with Donald Duck.

Who do Pain and Panic serve?Hades

What is the Golden Oak, purchased by Walt in 1959?A "movie" ranch. Television shows like Spin 'n Marty, Toby Tyler, Mickey Mouse Club, , and movies such as Old Yeller, Parent Trap, , and, more recently, Pearl Harbor, Princess Diaries,, and Pirates of the Caribbean I and II have been filmed there.

Name the first cartoon in which Chip n Dale were first credited? Private Pluto (1943)

Elias1901
01-14-2013, 02:24 AM
Ray Bradbury

I was curious as to if it was him for sure or not. I was going to post Mr. Bradbury as my answer but I wasn't completely positive on it. I recall hearing interviews with Imagineers on the subject, so that's the only reason I was aware.

My secondary guesses would've been Jules Verne or H.G. Wells.

Zawadi
01-14-2013, 02:55 PM
The Sea Cabs were the ride vehicles in The Living Seas attraction, where the Clam Mobiles and The Seas with Nemo & Friends resides today. :nemo:

Correct. In fact the track was lengthened by 85m in order to accommodate the Nemo ride.

Zawadi
01-14-2013, 02:58 PM
Ray Bradbury
Archimedes
If you're referring to any of the Fab Five: I'm going with Donald Duck.
Hades
A "movie" ranch. Television shows like Spin 'n Marty, Toby Tyler, Mickey Mouse Club, , and movies such as Old Yeller, Parent Trap, , and, more recently, Pearl Harbor, Princess Diaries,, and Pirates of the Caribbean I and II have been filmed there.
Private Pluto (1943)

All correct!!!

I believe that Chip n Dale were not officially named until 1947 in the cartoon 'Chip n Dale'.

That's this set done.

Elias1901
01-14-2013, 07:09 PM
That's this set done.

You're good at throwing out some great brain teasers! Any chance you (or anyone who is feeling up to it, really...) could post a few more?? :blush:

Main Street Jim
01-14-2013, 08:02 PM
I'll try a few non-parks related questions :)

1) Who invented and built the multi-plane camera for Walt Disney Productions?

2) To go along with Zawadi's previous question: Walt Disney was a member of the Smoke Tree Ranch. What was the Smoke Tree Ranch?

3) Who is Bob and Helen Parr's family babysitter?

4) What is Flynn Rider's real name?

5) Who are Mickey mouse's nephews?

6) Who are Daisy Duck's neices?

7) Walt Disney's Carolwood Pacific barn now resides in what Los Angeles-area park?

8) Former Walt Disney Company president Frank Wells aspired to accomplish what feat? How close did he come to accomplishing his goal?

9) In Cars 2, what racing circuit does Francesco Bernoulli represent?

10) True or false: Walt Disney forged his birthdate to become "enlisted' in the military in 1918.

Elias1901
01-15-2013, 01:01 AM
1) Who invented and built the multi-plane camera for Walt Disney Productions?

Ub Iwerks.

2) To go along with Zawadi's previous question: Walt Disney was a member of the Smoke Tree Ranch. What was the Smoke Tree Ranch?

A desert ranch near the village of Palm Springs. Walt built a home here... twice. He sold his first home to help generate funding for his Disneyland project. Walt loved to visit this place! It is often referred to as his hidden hideaway.

3) Who is Bob and Helen Parr's family babysitter?

Kari McKeen.

4) What is Flynn Rider's real name?

His full name is Eugene Fitzherbert.

5) Who are Mickey Mouse's nephews?

Morty and Ferdie.

6) Who are Daisy Duck's neices?

April, May and June.

7) Walt Disney's Carolwood Pacific barn now resides in what Los Angeles-area park?

Griffith Park.

8) Former Walt Disney Company president Frank Wells aspired to accomplish what feat? How close did he come to accomplishing his goal?

Mr. Wells' goal was to scale the Seven Summits. This entailed climbing the highest mountain on each of the seven continents. At his time of death, he was one mountain short. That mountain was none other than Mount Everest.

The Italian Circuit.

10) True or false: Walt Disney forged his birthdate to become "enlisted' in the military in 1918.

I believe that this is true. I learned about this years ago when watching a Walt Disney documentary... unless you fiddled with the year to trick us!! :secret:

Main Street Jim
01-15-2013, 07:12 PM
Mr. Wells' goal was to scale the Seven Summits. This entailed climbing the highest mountain on each of the seven continents. At his time of death, he was one mountain short. That mountain was none other than Mount Everest.*Very* close :) I'm looking for something a little more specific.

The Italian Circuit.Also close :)

I believe that this is true. I learned about this years ago when watching a Walt Disney documentary... unless you fiddled with the year to trick us!! :secret:Incorrect. I didn't fiddle with the year at all :) Read the question again carefully :)

Elias1901
01-16-2013, 09:35 AM
*Very* close :) I'm looking for something a little more specific.

Also close :)

Not sure on these ones. :(

Incorrect. I didn't fiddle with the year at all :) Read the question again carefully :)

Actually, come to think about it... I think we've already had this discussion in the trivia section before. Haha.

Well, from what I recall, what I remember hearing was that it wasn't for the military but for an ambulance unit or something? Anyway... I can't tell you exactly. But what I do recall from the "Walt" documentary was forgery on paperwork regarding the military and seeing the visual of not only the paperwork, but his cartoon-ized ambulance with his drawings on the backside canopy.

Zawadi
01-16-2013, 05:30 PM

The Autodromo Nazionale Monza, Italy

Main Street Jim
01-16-2013, 10:17 PM
Not sure on these ones. :(Like I said, *very* close :) Actually, he was *one day* short of completing his goal. Bad weather prevented the explorer from reaching the summit of Mt. Everest.

Actually, come to think about it... I think we've already had this discussion in the trivia section before. Haha.

Well, from what I recall, what I remember hearing was that it wasn't for the military but for an ambulance unit or something? Anyway... I can't tell you exactly. But what I do recall from the "Walt" documentary was forgery on paperwork regarding the military and seeing the visual of not only the paperwork, but his cartoon-ized ambulance with his drawings on the backside canopy.Again, real close. It was for a Red Cross unit stationed in France, just a short time before the Allies pulled out of France. He was only there for three short months.

For the "Francesco Bernoulli" question, what I was looking for was the "Formula 1" circuit. All of the race cars in the World Grand Prix represent a different form of racing: Lightning McQueen: American stock car racing, Jeff Corvette: American sports car racing; there's also world sports car racing and rally racing represented.

Elias1901
01-17-2013, 06:04 AM
For the "Francesco Bernoulli" question, what I was looking for was the "Formula 1" circuit. All of the race cars in the World Grand Prix represent a different form of racing: Lightning McQueen: American stock car racing, Jeff Corvette: American sports car racing; there's also world sports car racing and rally racing represented.

Just a quick little question... are you a big fan of "Cars 2" or something? You sure know the specifics of that film! :D

Main Street Jim
01-18-2013, 07:38 PM
Just a quick little question... are you a big fan of "Cars 2" or something? You sure know the specifics of that film! :DWell, yes, I *love* both Cars movies, but, more specifically, I'm a HUGE NASCAR fan :thumbsup: My dad's owned a race car since about 1974 :)

Elias1901
01-18-2013, 08:52 PM
Well, yes, I *love* both Cars movies, but, more specifically, I'm a HUGE NASCAR fan :thumbsup: My dad's owned a race car since about 1974 :)

Which brings me to my next question... Richard Petty Driving Experience? :funny:

On a Cars related note, have you been to Cars Land yet? My favourite car from the film is defiantly Doc Hudson. Really a shame that Paul Newman passed away before he could record his dialogue for the Radiator Springs Racers attraction. However, Corey Burton defiantly does him justice.

Main Street Jim
01-19-2013, 10:33 PM
Which brings me to my next question... Richard Petty Driving Experience? :funny:

On a Cars related note, have you been to Cars Land yet? My favourite car from the film is defiantly Doc Hudson. Really a shame that Paul Newman passed away before he could record his dialogue for the Radiator Springs Racers attraction. However, Corey Burton defiantly does him justice.Have NOT been out to Disneyland yet, but definitely on my bucket list :) Oh - and coincidentally, Doc's my fave, too....because of the "NASCAR"/racing history he represents. It *is* true that a Hudson Hornet won three straight NASCAR championships in '52, '53, and '54.

Elias1901
01-20-2013, 04:41 AM
Have NOT been out to Disneyland yet, but definitely on my bucket list :) Oh - and coincidentally, Doc's my fave, too....because of the "NASCAR"/racing history he represents. It *is* true that a Hudson Hornet won three straight NASCAR championships in '52, '53, and '54.

Oh my! That's interesting enough!

Zawadi
01-26-2013, 09:37 AM
Here are some more teasers :mickey:

1) "Home on the Range" was renamed from what prior to its release?

2) What links "Home on the Range" and "The Princess and the Frog"?

3) Typhoon Lagoon holds which record?

4) What is the name of the train that transports the circus in "Dumbo"?

5) In 1988, Minnie Mouse sang which song as a duet with Reginald Dwight?

Main Street Jim
01-26-2013, 10:34 AM
1) "Home on the Range" was renamed from what prior to its release?Sweatin' Bullets.

2) What links "Home on the Range" and "The Princess and the Frog"?The last two hand-drawn (traditional) animated Disney feature films.

3) Typhoon Lagoon holds which record?World's largest outdoor wave pool.

4) What is the name of the train that transports the circus in "Dumbo"?Casey Junior.

5) In 1988, Minnie Mouse sang which song as a duet with Reginald Dwight?Don't Go Breakin' My Heart.

Zawadi
01-26-2013, 10:39 AM
That set lasted for a entire 57 minutes!

They must have been way too easy!

FYI: Reginald Dwight is Sir Elton John

Main Street Jim
01-26-2013, 03:29 PM
1) What distinction does the Matterhorn attraction at Disneyland hold in terms of industry standards?

2) What Disney attraction music could be heard in the first edition of the Main Street Electrical Parade at Walt Disney World?

3) Who narrated the opening sequence of the Share a Dream Come True parade for Walt Disney World's 100 Years of Magic?

4) What is the top speed of the Mark VI Monorail system at Walt Disney World?

5) What two cities are incorporated into the Walt Disney World property?

6) At Walt Disney World, where can you have "wild stick-horse races" during dinner?

7) What was the name of the upstairs "playground" at the Imagination pavilion at EPCOT?

8) How long was the Haunted Mansion attraction in development before opening in August, 1969?

9) What attraction's theme song makes an "appearance" in Disney's Meet the Robinsons?

10) What was the original concept behind Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room?

Elias1901
01-26-2013, 05:05 PM
The last two hand-drawn (traditional) animated Disney feature films.

But... doesn't the newest Winnie the Pooh movie count as the most recent traditional animated film? That one came out in 2011.

Elias1901
01-26-2013, 05:13 PM
1) What distinction does the Matterhorn attraction at Disneyland hold in terms of industry standards?

First tubular-steel roller coaster.

I'm going to say Celebration and Golden Oak.

9) What attraction's theme song makes an "appearance" in Disney's Meet the Robinsons?

Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress' "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow", or at least it was on the soundtrack. I don't remember it in the film though. Maybe in the credits? All I know for sure is that it was re-recorded by the group, They Might Be Giants.

The only real Disney Park reference I remember was the appearance of "Yesterdayland" or "Tomorrowland" by our standards. It included glimpses of Space Mountain and the classic spinning rocket ride.

10) What was the original concept behind Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room?

It was to be a restaurant, but things kept getting added and added and it dawned on Walt one day, that "this really oughta be a show". And that's when the award-winning Sherman Brothers (and talents such as Wally Boag, Thurl Ravenscroft, etc.) were brought on to thread it all together... so the story goes. :tikki:

Zawadi
01-26-2013, 05:44 PM
6) At Walt Disney World, where can you have "wild stick-horse races" during dinner?

Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge

Elias1901
01-27-2013, 12:01 AM
7) What was the name of the upstairs "playground" at the Imagination pavilion at EPCOT?

ImageWorks: The What-If Labs?

badkitty
01-27-2013, 01:50 PM
3) Who narrated the opening sequence of the Share a Dream Come True parade for Walt Disney World's 100 Years of Magic?

8) How long was the Haunted Mansion attraction in development before opening in August, 1969?

3. Julie Andrews. :D

5. I believe this is Lake Buena Vista and Bay Lake.

8. The mansion exterior was built in 1963 but was vacant until 1969 when 999 ghosts moved in. The original concept though dates back even earlier than that but I don't know the year.

Elias1901
01-27-2013, 06:30 PM
5. I believe this is Lake Buena Vista and Bay Lake.

If this is the correct answer, I must've misread the question. When you said city, for some reason I was thinking of the Disney-created places like Golden Oak and even Celebration, Florida.

If that's a wrong answer... another guess I could give is both Orlando and Kissimmee, Florida?

Main Street Jim
01-27-2013, 09:11 PM
1) What distinction does the Matterhorn attraction at Disneyland hold in terms of industry standards?Dc got this one: it was the first steel-tubular roller coaster. Coasters since then have almost all been steel track.

3) Who narrated the opening sequence of the Share a Dream Come True parade for Walt Disney World's 100 Years of Magic?BK got this one correct, with Julie Andrews.

5) What two cities are incorporated into the Walt Disney World property?BK again, with Bay Lake and Lake Buena Vista. These two "cities" were built to allow the Disney property to govern itself (set up like a county government) with the Reedy Creek Improvement District.

6) At Walt Disney World, where can you have "wild stick-horse races" during dinner?Zawadi was right on this one: Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge. If you've never eaten there before, I highly recommend it :)

7) What was the name of the upstairs "playground" at the Imagination pavilion at EPCOT?DC was correct: the ImageWorks. Not sure about the "What If?" part, though...LOL...I just remember the rainbow tunnel, the "green screen" film thing, the needle-pictures, the light-sound thing, the "conduct your orchestra" thing, the "Paint Figment' computers...

8) How long was the Haunted Mansion attraction in development before opening in August, 1969?BK was partially correct: A "Haunted House" attraction was initially drawn into Walt's idea for the little "Mickey Mouse Park" in 1953. The building in New Orleans Square *was* built in 1963, even though NOS didn't officially begin construction until after 1965's World's Fair in New York.

9) What attraction's theme song makes an "appearance" in Disney's Meet the Robinsons?DC got this one correct.

[QUOTE=Main Street Jim;2330477]10) What was the original concept behind Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room?DC again :) It was originally to be a restaurant, and guests would watch the show while eating.

We still need #2 and #4 :thumbsup:

Elias1901
01-27-2013, 10:05 PM
2) What Disney attraction music could be heard in the first edition of the Main Street Electrical Parade at Walt Disney World?

Umm. Casey Jr. Circus Train? I know that's a float and it has the melody from the movie/attraction at Disneyland... but I'm almost positive you're searching for something else... :secret:

If memory serves, the monorail's top speed is 55 mph. :walk:

Zawadi
01-28-2013, 04:38 PM

The Mark VI Monorails can travel at 55 MPH, but Disney regulations limit them to 40 MPH at Walt Disney World.

Zawadi
01-28-2013, 04:45 PM

It's A Small World?

Main Street Jim
01-28-2013, 09:47 PM

The Mark VI Monorails can travel at 55 MPH, but Disney regulations limit them to 40 MPH at Walt Disney World.

It's A Small World?Zawadi got 'em :) I will say, though, that I know that Engineering has tested (and bypassed the "overspeed limiter") the Monorails up to 70 mph on the EPCOT loop :)

As far as the "two cities" question: Lake Buena Vista and Bay Lake were "incorporated" to allow the Disney property to govern itself much like a county government. There aren't many, but there *are* residents of both towns, who hold elections and such, and vote on issues that affect each. Celebration was created as part of the "City of the Future"/EPCOT project begun by Walt, where he wanted to see a "futuristic" town where the residents worked in that community. Golden Oak? Ehhh. I don't really consider it a "city" as much as just a "high-dollar neighborhood/subdivision". In my opinion, it doesn't really belong. Just my :twocents:

Elias1901
01-28-2013, 10:00 PM
I will say, though, that I know that Engineering has tested (and bypassed the "overspeed limiter") the Monorails up to 70 mph on the EPCOT loop :)

Wholly smokes! Would like to see that... :cool:

Zawadi
02-06-2013, 03:30 PM
Where can guests dine in a restaurant named Remy?
What is the name of Rapunzel's pet chameleon in Tangled?
In which year was pin trading officially introduced to Walt Disney World?
What is the Evil Queen from Snow White actually called?
What was the most expensive movie of any released in 2000?
To which scouting organisation do Huey, Dewey and Louie belong?
Disneyland Paris is situated in which town, about 20 miles away from the centre of Paris?
Which Disney Princess is known by three distinctly different names?
In Beauty and the Beast, what is the name of Belle's horse?
What is WALL-E an abbreviation of?

Elias1901
02-06-2013, 08:04 PM
1. Where can guests dine in a restaurant named Remy?

Disney Cruise Line (Fantasy Ship).

2. What is the name of Rapunzel's pet chameleon in Tangled?

Pascal.

8. Which Disney Princess is known by three distinctly different names?

Princess Aurora, who's also known as both Briar Rose and also Sleeping Beauty.

9. In Beauty and the Beast, what is the name of Belle's horse

Phillipe.

badkitty
02-06-2013, 11:24 PM
What is the Evil Queen from Snow White actually called?

What is WALL-E an abbreviation of?

#4. In the 1937 Disney movie she is only referred to as the Queen. (I have a vague memory of one of the dwarfs calling her the wicked queen in the ride - DL or WDW, I don't remember.) Disney referred to her as Grimhilde but did not use the name in the movie.

#10. Waste Allocation Load Lifter-Earth class.

Elias1901
02-07-2013, 10:01 AM
#4. In the 1937 Disney movie she is only referred to as the Queen. (I have a vague memory of one of the dwarfs calling her the wicked queen in the ride - DL or WDW, I don't remember.) Disney referred to her as Grimhilde but did not use the name in the movie.

Haha. And she's referred to as Regina the Queen on ABC's Once Upon a Time. I love that series!

Zawadi
02-07-2013, 03:22 PM
#1. Disney Cruise Line (Fantasy Ship).

#2. Pascal.

#8. Princess Aurora, who's also known as both Briar Rose and also Sleeping Beauty.

#9. Phillipe.

#10. Waste Allocation Load Lifter-Earth class.

:mickey: All correct :mickey:

That still leaves...

3 In which year was pin trading officially introduced to Walt Disney World?

5 What was the most expensive movie of any released in 2000?

6 To which scouting organisation do Huey, Dewey and Louie belong?

7 Disneyland Paris is situated in which town, about 20 miles away from the centre of Paris?

Elias1901
02-07-2013, 05:10 PM
7. Disneyland Paris is situated in which town, about 20 miles away from the centre of Paris?

Marne-la-Vallee.

Main Street Jim
02-07-2013, 08:10 PM
3 In which year was pin trading officially introduced to Walt Disney World?2000. It was "officially" introduced as part of the Millennium Celebration at Walt Disney World.

5 What was the most expensive movie of any released in 2000?The Perfect Storm: $175.6 million.

Rapunzel's pet chameleon's name is spelled "Pasquale" :thumbsup:

Elias1901
02-07-2013, 11:01 PM

Whoops!

Zawadi
02-09-2013, 01:16 PM
Marne-la-Vallee.

Correct

2000. It was "officially" introduced as part of the Millennium Celebration at Walt Disney World.

Correct

The Perfect Storm: $175.6 million.

Hmmm. IMDB quotes this movie as $140 million, which is still greater than the my reference of $130 million for Dinosaur, which maintained the Disney trivia reference.

Parlez-vous français parce que je ne peux pas?

Ooops indeed - it's been a long and stressful week at work.

That just leaves...

Elias1901
02-09-2013, 01:53 PM
That just leaves...

The Junior Woodchucks?

Zawadi
02-10-2013, 11:45 AM
The Junior Woodchucks?

Correct.

That's it for this set of teasers. Who's next?

badkitty
02-10-2013, 02:31 PM
I haven't posted any in awhile. How about a short list:

1. In the DL Storybook Canal Boats attraction, what miniature scenes are depicted along the canal?

2. Pizza Planet first appeared in Pixar’s Toy Story but where else can you see the Pizza Planet truck in subsequent Pixar films?

3. Who wrote the song “One Little Spark” from the Journey into Imagination attraction in EPCOT?

4. In what movie does Tony Curtis visit Disneyland?

5. Where are you merrily on your way to in Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride?

Zawadi
02-10-2013, 04:25 PM
Back with avengance badkitty :)

2. Pizza Planet first appeared in Pixar’s Toy Story but where else can you see the Pizza Planet truck in subsequent Pixar films?

The truck appears in Pixar films except "The Incredibles"

The ones that I know are:

WALL-E: Eve opens the hood and scans the engine when arriving on Earth
Ratatouillie: Crossing a bridge over the Seine when Skinner is chasing Remy
Nemo: Passing 42 Wallaby Way (P. Sherman Dentist)
Brave: An engraving in the witch's house
Bug's Life: camper park where the insect shouts "Don't head for the light" ZAP!

Don't know about Cars2, TS2&3, Up, Monsters Inc

Main Street Jim
02-10-2013, 06:57 PM
3. Who wrote the song “One Little Spark” from the Journey into Imagination attraction in EPCOT?Robert and Richard Sherman

5. Where are you merrily on your way to in Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride?"Nowhere in particular"

:thumbsup::mickey::thumbsup:

Elias1901
02-10-2013, 10:38 PM

I know for a fact there's a Pizza Planet truck in Monsters, Inc. It's during the sequence when Randall gets trapped in the hillbilly's mobile home. The truck is sitting outside their trailer in the grassy field.

Main Street Jim
02-15-2013, 02:30 PM
1) What was Walt Disney's *favorite* animated scene from his feature films?

2) What kind of car was Herbie's girlfriend in "Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo"?

3) Multi-part question :) Where would the following song lyrics have been found (could be a movie, could be an attraction...who knows?) :mickey: Name the song, and the movie, attraction, etc.

a) "Have you ever dreamed the dream of the children?"
b) "Right at the start, when everything is new..."
c) "It's too cliche'..."
d) "The sweet caress of twilight..."
e) "The world's forward marching and you're in the parade!"
f) "A cannon ball don't pay no mind..." (I'll take either of two answers for this one ;) ).
g) "Take that frown, turn it upside down..."
h) "...the place where the riches of ages are stowed..."

Zawadi
02-15-2013, 04:03 PM
3) Multi-part question :) Where would the following song lyrics have been found (could be a movie, could be an attraction...who knows?) :mickey: Name the song, and the movie, attraction, etc.

a) "Have you ever dreamed the dream of the children?"
b) "Right at the start, when everything is new..."
c) "It's too cliche'..."
d) "The sweet caress of twilight..."
e) "The world's forward marching and you're in the parade!"
f) "A cannon ball don't pay no mind..." (I'll take either of two answers for this one ;) ).
g) "Take that frown, turn it upside down..."
h) "...the place where the riches of ages are stowed..."

a) pass
b) pass
c) Hercules - I won't say
d) Lion King - Can you feel the love tonight
e) Carousel of Progress - Best time of your life
f) American Adventure - Two Brothers
g) Splash Mtn - Song of the South
h) Bedknobs and Broomsticks - Potobello Road

Zawadi
02-15-2013, 04:11 PM
2) What kind of car was Herbie's girlfriend in "Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo"?

a 1976 Lancia Montecarlo

Elias1901
02-15-2013, 04:18 PM
a) pass
b) pass

a) New Horizons (Horizons)
b) One Little Spark (Journey into Imagination)

Zawadi
02-15-2013, 04:24 PM
1) What was Walt Disney's *favorite* animated scene from his feature films?

The scene where Cinderella is transformed from wearing her work clothes to the magic ball gown as this represented to Walt the idea of dreams coming true.

Main Street Jim
02-15-2013, 04:36 PM
Well, heck, that didn't take long at all...LOL...

On the "Two Brothers" lyrics...*where else* can you hear this song?

Elias1901
02-15-2013, 07:09 PM
On the "Two Brothers" lyrics...*where else* can you hear this song?

That would be the currently running (not sure if it was used in the past) show of Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln in Disneyland, California. I remember hearing it on my last trip and for a moment I was confused and thought I was on a Florida trip... 'twas odd indeed. :listen:

badkitty
02-15-2013, 09:46 PM
Back with avengance badkitty :)

The truck appears in Pixar films except "The Incredibles"

The ones that I know are:

WALL-E: Eve opens the hood and scans the engine when arriving on Earth
Ratatouillie: Crossing a bridge over the Seine when Skinner is chasing Remy
Nemo: Passing 42 Wallaby Way (P. Sherman Dentist)
Brave: An engraving in the witch's house
Bug's Life: camper park where the insect shouts "Don't head for the light" ZAP!

:thumbsup: Great job so far! (Who would have thought they could work it into Brave? ;))

badkitty
02-15-2013, 09:46 PM
Robert and Richard Sherman

"Nowhere in particular"

:thumbsup::mickey::thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Two more correct!

badkitty
02-15-2013, 10:07 PM
I know for a fact there's a Pizza Planet truck in Monsters, Inc. It's during the sequence when Randall gets trapped in the hillbilly's mobile home. The truck is sitting outside their trailer in the grassy field.

:thumbsup: Yep! (Which is also the same trailer from Bug's Life.)

In Toy Story 2, the toys use the truck to go to the airport.

In Toy Story 3, the truck is used by Lots to ride around the daycare.

In Cars, the truck is in the statium for the final race as a spectator.

In Cars2, the truck is attending the Grand Prix.

In Up, the truck shows up three times:
1. on the street as Carl floats by,
2. in Carl's dream of leaving Russell,
3. parked when Carl, Russell and Dug go for ice cream.

badkitty
02-15-2013, 10:09 PM
1. In the DL Storybook Canal Boats attraction, what miniature scenes are depicted along the canal?

4. In what movie does Tony Curtis visit Disneyland?

Any takers for the remaining two questions from my list?

Elias1901
02-15-2013, 11:13 PM
Any takers for the remaining two questions from my list?

4. 40 Pounds of Trouble

Zawadi
02-17-2013, 01:23 PM

Pinocchio's cobblestone village with Geppetto's wood shop
Toad Hall from The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
The Sultan's palace from Aladdin
London Park from Peter Pan
The village from Cinderella, featuring a gold-spired castle
The dwarfs' cottage and mine from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
An English village, with a church and the entrance to the White Rabbit's hole, from Alice in Wonderland
The pigs' homes from The Three Little Pigs
King Triton's underwater castle, partially hidden behind a waterfall, from The Little Mermaid
Prince Eric's seaside castle from The Little Mermaid
The Cave of Wonders from "Aladdin"

Elias1901
02-17-2013, 04:12 PM
Now I'm curious, how many different rehabs did the Storybookland Canal Boats go through over the years since the original and what scenes were added as time marched onward?

Zawadi
02-21-2013, 05:31 PM
Let's see how long these last for...

What is the name of Lightning McQueen’s transporter truck in Cars?
Where might you see Waldo C Graphic?
What is Minnie Mouse’s sister called?
Where is Disney’s Hollywood Hotel?
Which animated movie had its World Premiere at the New Orleans Superdome in June 1996?
What were the group of long serving artists who worked with Walt Disney informally known as?
On which Ottawa landmark is the building which houses Le Cellier modelled?
Which ride replaced Superstar Limo at Disney’s California Adventure in 2006?
In 2009, which English town was twinned with Walt Disney World?
Aladar, Yar and Pilo are characters in which movie?
Who was Nemo’s mother?
Where can you play a game of miniature golf on the Goofy Golf course?
What is the name of Malificent’s pet raven?
In Italy, who is known as Paperino?
Why does Walt Disney have two stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame?

Main Street Jim
02-21-2013, 08:11 PM
What is the name of Lightning McQueen’s transporter truck in Cars? Mack, as in "Mack Trucks"

Where is Disney’s Hollywood Hotel?Hong King Disneyland

Which animated movie had its World Premiere at the New Orleans Superdome in June 1996?Hunchback of Notre Dame

What were the group of long serving artists who worked with Walt Disney informally known as?The Nine Old Men

Aladar, Yar and Pilo are characters in which movie?Dinosaur

Why does Walt Disney have two stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame?One for television, one for movies.

Elias1901
02-22-2013, 04:26 AM
Where might you see Waldo C Graphic?

Muppet*Vision 3D?

What is Minnie Mouse’s sister called?

Mandie Mouse?

On which Ottawa landmark is the building which houses Le Cellier modelled?

The Château Laurier Hotel?

Which ride replaced Superstar Limo at Disney’s California Adventure in 2006?

Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!

In 2009, which English town was twinned with Walt Disney World?

Swindon, England.

Who was Nemo’s mother?

Coral? Unless you are actually looking for the voice actor who played her, which would be Elizabeth Perkins.

Where can you play a game of miniature golf on the Goofy Golf course?

Disney's Winter Summerland Miniature Golf?

What is the name of Malificent’s pet raven?

Diablo?

In Italy, who is known as Paperino?

Donald Duck?

Zawadi
02-22-2013, 02:21 PM
Another quick round.

All correct except

12 Where can you play a game of miniature golf on the Goofy Golf course?

:mickey:

Elias1901
02-22-2013, 05:54 PM

It couldn't be Disney's Magnolia Golf Course, could it?

Zawadi
02-23-2013, 06:37 AM

It couldn't be Disney's Magnolia Golf Course, could it?

Not there

Elias1901
02-23-2013, 04:33 PM
Not there

What about Disney's Lake Buena Vista Golf Course?

Zawadi
02-23-2013, 05:38 PM

What about Disney's Lake Buena Vista Golf Course?

Not there either :)

It's truly an international course!

Elias1901
02-23-2013, 07:29 PM
It's truly an international course!

I have no idea! :confused:

Main Street Jim
02-23-2013, 09:15 PM
Well, I cheated, and Googled "Goofy Golf Course", and came up with this:

"Goofy Golf in Fort Walton Beach, FL. has been operating since 1958."

and:

"GOOFY GOLF
3020 Milan Road
Sandusky, OH 44870"

BUT - as it relates to Disney :mickey:, it's on the Disney Dream and Fantasy cruise ships :)

Elias1901
02-24-2013, 06:17 AM
Well, I cheated, and Googled "Goofy Golf Course", and came up with this:

"Goofy Golf in Fort Walton Beach, FL. has been operating since 1958."

and:

"GOOFY GOLF
3020 Milan Road
Sandusky, OH 44870"

BUT - as it relates to Disney :mickey:, it's on the Disney Dream and Fantasy cruise ships :)

Jim strikes again! :cool:

Zawadi
02-24-2013, 07:33 AM
Well, I cheated, and Googled "Goofy Golf Course", and came up with this ...
... as it relates to Disney :mickey:, it's on the Disney Dream and Fantasy cruise ships :)

Jim strikes again! :cool:

:thumbsup: Jim scores a hole in one :golf:

That's this set done and dusted who's next?

Elias1901
02-24-2013, 05:39 PM
:thumbsup: Jim scores a hole in one :golf:

That's this set done and dusted who's next?

Well... you and Jim are defiantly the masters of the question posting. :D

Zawadi
03-05-2013, 03:52 PM
Here are some more questions ...

1. Which movie features a Princess named Kidagakash Nedakh?
2. Where is the Hotel MiraCosta?
3. Madame Medusa is the main villain in which animated movie?
4. The metal toy soldiers who march in Disney’s Christmas parades first appeared in which 1961 movie?
5. In Monsters, Inc. What is the name of Mike’s girlfriend?
6. When did the Disney Channel begin broadcasting in the US?
7. Where is the Walt Disney Family Museum?
8. Where is Toy Story Land?
9. In ‘Lion King II : Simba’s Pride’, what is the name of Simba and Nala’s daughter?
10. Belle, Pumbaa and Aladdin’s flying carpet all make cameo appearances in which animated feature?
11. The deep voice behind Tony the Tiger also sang lead vocal on which Disney ride theme song?
12. Which of Disney’s theme parks is the largest?
13. What is the name of Ursula’s sister?
14. What special thing do the horns on Disney Cruise Line ships do?
15. Aladar, Yar and Pilo are characters in which movie?
16. What is Handy Manny’s surname?
17. How many brothers and sisters did Walt Disney have?
18. Who is Flintheart Glomgold?
19. What is the name of Pixar’s famous lamp?
20. In 1942, White Christmas took the Oscar for best original song, beating which Disney movie song?

Elias1901
03-05-2013, 09:17 PM
1. Which movie features a Princess named Kidagakash Nedakh?

Kidagakash Nedakh, best known by her nickname, "Kida" is the young Atlantean Princess featured in Disney's 2001 animated feature film, "Atlantis: The Lost Empire".

2. Where is the Hotel MiraCosta?

Tokyo DisneySea.

3. Madame Medusa is the main villain in which animated movie?

The Rescuers.

4. The metal toy soldiers who march in Disney’s Christmas parades first appeared in which 1961 movie?

Babes in Toyland.

5. In Monsters, Inc. What is the name of Mike’s girlfriend?

Celia Mae.

6. When did the Disney Channel begin broadcasting in the US?

April 18, 1983 at 7 AM ET.

7. Where is the Walt Disney Family Museum?

104 Montgomery Street, San Francisco, California.

8. Where is Toy Story Land?

If you're referring to "Toy Story Playland", they have one at both the Walt Disney Studios Park and Hong Kong Disneyland.

9. In ‘Lion King II : Simba’s Pride’, what is the name of Simba and Nala’s daughter?

Kiara.

10. Belle, Pumbaa and Aladdin’s flying carpet all make cameo appearances in which animated feature?

The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

11. The deep voice behind Tony the Tiger also sang lead vocal on which Disney ride theme song?

Thurl Ravenscroft who is the "head" tombstone (the one who looks a bit like Walt Disney) that sings "Grim, Grinning Ghosts" in "The Haunted Mansion" attractions.

12. Which of Disney’s theme parks is the largest?

Disney's Animal Kingdom Park.

13. What is the name of Ursula’s sister?

Morgana.

14. What special thing do the horns on Disney Cruise Line ships do?

They play short renditions of famous Disney tunes.

15. Aladar, Yar and Pilo are characters in which movie?

DINOSAUR.

16. What is Handy Manny’s surname?

I believe that his last name is Garcia.

17. How many brothers and sisters did Walt Disney have?

Walt had 3 brothers: Herbert, Raymond and Roy. He also had a sister, Ruth.

18. Who is Flintheart Glomgold?

He is one of Scrooge McDuck's rivals that holds the title as "The Second Richest Duck in the World". He appeared on the Disney Afternoon animated series, "DuckTales".

19. What is the name of Pixar’s famous lamp?

Luxo Jr.

20. In 1942, White Christmas took the Oscar for best original song, beating which Disney movie song?

"Love is a Song" from the animated feature film, "Bambi".

badkitty
03-06-2013, 12:42 AM
Well, that round ended quickly. You had some great questions there, Zawadi!

Elias1901
03-06-2013, 02:13 AM
Well, that round ended quickly. You had some great questions there, Zawadi!

Oh gosh! You know what? I totally whipped through and hogged all those questions for myself... I didn't even think twice about leaving some for others. Sorry 'bout that! It has been a while since I have had the opportunity to be brain-teased with some Disney knowhow... :blush:

badkitty
03-06-2013, 06:42 AM
Hakuna Matata! I think it's awesome you knew all the answers, Disney Connoisseur. Of course, now you need to post the next set. :)

Zawadi
03-06-2013, 04:38 PM
All correct Disney Connoisseur.:thumbsup:
Looking forward to your questions.

Elias1901
03-06-2013, 09:29 PM
1. Who was considered Walt's right-hand man when it came to animating Mickey Mouse? What other things was this person responsible for achieving in his career with Disney?

2. What is the only "land" in Disneyland Park in California that doesn't feature a single Fastpass attraction.

3. What is the name of Simba's mom in The Lion King?

4. What does Simba mean in Swahili?

5. How old is Andy in the original Toy Story film?

6. Sleeping Beauty's true name is Aurora, what is she named after?

7. Who was the first Disney feature character to speak directly to the audience?

8. In what Disney Channel original series was there a Vice Principal named Hackett. What is this actor's name and what character does he voice in the animated series, The Emperor's New School?

9. What is Sebastian's (The Little Mermaid) full name?

10. How many times did Cinderella loose her shoe?

11. Did you know Clarabelle Cow has a sister? Name her.

12. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad has many mine shafts but what floor of the mine is blocked off and inaccessible?

13. On the Matterhorn Bobsleds attraction, there is an expedition going on. Name it and the person it pays tribute to.

14. How much does the dumbbell in Mickey's Toontown weigh?

15. What is the only main Disney character (not supporting characters) that does not speak a single word in the film?

16. What is the name of Rumplestiltskin's son on ABC's hit series, Once Upon a Time?

17. In ABC's hit series, Once Upon a Time, why is it a risk for Rumplestiltskin to leave Storybrooke? What does it make him vulnerable to?

18. What are the names of the four dogs (from other Disney "dog" films) that appear in the "Why Should I Worry?" song sequence of the film, Oliver & Company?

19. What is the name of the one submarine that has been present in every incarnation of Disney submarine attractions?

20. There once was an actual lingerie shop on Main Street USA at Disneyland Park in California. Name this shop.