PDA

View Full Version : Space mountain

phlo8810
10-30-2009, 02:18 PM
Is there a firm date for a reopening? I'll be there nov. 9-17 and I am hoping for a soft opening. How do I know if this happens. Is it just a matter of going there and getting lucky or will it be announced in some way?

seanyred
10-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Nov. 21st is the scheduled opening. I'm hoping there will be a soft opening for AP holders or DVC members. I was just planning on asking when I arrive.

Disneyfirsttimer
10-30-2009, 02:56 PM
Did they just do renovations/maintenance or change the ride itself?

DisneyFanaticDargon
10-30-2009, 07:59 PM
Did they just do renovations/maintenance or change the ride itself?

It was a little of both. They added new special effects and refurbished some parts of the track that needed it.

It was supposed to get a Disneyland style refurb where they replaced the entire track, gave the trains audio systems and a soundtrack, and tons of new special effects. However, the budget and refurbishment period got cut quite a bit so it's not going to be drastically different from what it was before it went down.

Generally, unless the ride has been completely overhauled, they don't do soft openings for refurbs. They tend to only do soft openings for new attractions so they can gauge guest reaction, which is generally more accurate than Cast or AP previews.

Joannelet
10-30-2009, 08:11 PM
does this mean that they aren't changing the cars on this ride? ugh I was hoping they would change those. They are sooo tiny and i didn't like that parents were unable to hold onto their children if needed.