PDA

View Full Version : Dinosaur

gerald72
10-30-2009, 07:14 AM
Has Dinosaur always been considered the 39th animated feature produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios?
Awhile ago I saw a list that went from #38 Fantasia 2000 directly to #39 Emperor's New Groove, skipping Dinosaur.

Also, do most Walt Disney World guests see the connection between this Dinosaur movie and the Dinosaur! attraction at Animal Kingdom?
At first, I thought it was just a coincidence that they both had similar titles. I didn't realize at first the attraction was renamed and rethemed to the movie.

Joannelet
10-30-2009, 07:58 AM
The Dinosaur ride wasn't ever rethemed just renamed.
The dinos that are there were the same originals as when it opened as countdown to extinction.
No one at the time of opening knew about the movie but the movie came out and they included the dino in it from the ride.
They eventually changed the name of the ride to go along with the movie.

brownie
10-31-2009, 12:20 PM
The Dinosaur ride wasn't ever rethemed just renamed.
The dinos that are there were the same originals as when it opened as countdown to extinction.
No one at the time of opening knew about the movie but the movie came out and they included the dino in it from the ride.
They eventually changed the name of the ride to go along with the movie.

Countdown to Extinction had a horned dinosaur like a triceratops in the pool outside of the attraction. This dinosaur was replaced by an iguanodon (Aladar) when the attraction became Dinosaur! to tie in with the movie.

brownie
10-31-2009, 12:24 PM
Has Dinosaur always been considered the 39th animated feature produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios?
Awhile ago I saw a list that went from #38 Fantasia 2000 directly to #39 Emperor's New Groove, skipping Dinosaur.

Also, do most Walt Disney World guests see the connection between this Dinosaur movie and the Dinosaur! attraction at Animal Kingdom?
At first, I thought it was just a coincidence that they both had similar titles. I didn't realize at first the attraction was renamed and rethemed to the movie.

In Dave Smith's Disney A to Z, he has several lists of animated features including Classic Animated Features, Computer Animated Features, and Live-Action Features with Animated Characters or Segments. Dinosaur is listed as number 4 on the Computer Animated Features list. This makes sense to me; I don't think you should mix hand-drawn and computer-animated features in one list.