PDA

View Full Version : late Garden Grill ADR

tesslor
10-29-2009, 12:47 PM
We have a Garden Grill ADR at 7:45 on a night when FW closes at 7:00. Anyone done this? What is it like?
I would assume the Characters are still there, but are they trying to rush you out? Does it still spin even though The Land is closed?
Is it worth it for the experience with everything around it closed?

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-29-2009, 01:18 PM
We love Garden Grill!

Even when Future World closes at 7pm, quite often Soarin' is open later, so there will still be a lot of "life" in the pavillion.

Although we haven't been to a "late" meal at Garden Grill, we've been at many Disney restuarants after closing, and we've never felt rushed or like we needed to hurry up and finish.

You will still be able to see parts of the Land ride, but the focus of the meal really is the characters, and we've had super character interaction at GG.

I wouldn't worry at all, you'll have a great time.

cer
10-29-2009, 04:03 PM
We did the last seating at Garden Grill on our trip in Feb. It was great. Right before we checked in we went down to Soarin' and picked up some fast passes. Right when we finished eating, we went down and rode Soarin'.

The character interaction was great and we did not feel rushed at all and yes, it still rotates. This is my favorite character meal, the restaurant is way calm and you don't see other guests, very private.

When you leave it is pretty empty, but don't consider it a bad thing. You have heard of how great it is to have the park to yourself for an early morning breakfast reservation, it is kind of the same deal. Also, depending when you get done, you might be able to make your way to world showcase for Illuminations.

Hope this helps...

green ranger
10-29-2009, 10:43 PM
Definitely still worth it. We did a late dinner in August and The Land was closed for refurb. The restaurant still turned, the characters were great, and the service was incredible. We were not rushed at all.

SingingLights
10-31-2009, 11:32 PM
Our only bad experience in 10 years and 12 trips to WDW was at the Garden Grill in a late seating. The service was horrible (they were busy cleaning up and getting ready to go home for the evening), the characters spent very little time with us at our table (but they did spend a great deal of time with a table of college age kids 3 tables down and perform lude acts), the food was not great and we never received our dessert, and we had to get up and get our own drink refills.

I spoke to a CM in guest relations a couple of days later and she was very sweet and very sorry for the our experience. She asked if I would like a call from the manager of the resturant and I said yes but never received a call. :(It was the worst. Don't go. There other places to eat at Epcot.