PDA

View Full Version : BCV bad review??

AirlineGuy07
10-29-2009, 12:16 PM
We are staying at BCV for the first time in May and was reading in the "unoffical guide" book about the villas. They don't really seam to give it a very good review. It says that you can find nicer and quieter accommodations elsewhere in Disney. The location leaves much to be desired because its situated between parking lots, noisey roads and canals. Did I make the right choice in staying there? I did it because of the location near EPCOT and DHS. What would be the quietest part with the best view?

DVC2004
10-29-2009, 02:48 PM
We've stayed there a few times and it's very nice. In fact, it's probably the hardest DVC property to get into. It's always booked. The location, along with the exclusive Storm-a-long Bay pool complex make it very awesome. I wouldn't worry. As far as noise I have never found it to be noisy. I can't recommend any particular section but maybe someone will be along shortly with more insight on that.

pox24
10-29-2009, 03:22 PM
You're gonna love it there. Only noise I heard was my wife snoring after a long day at Epcot.:thumbsup:

DVC Mike
10-29-2009, 08:58 PM
I'm at BCV right now!

We're in a 1-BR on the 5th floor on the Epcot side. It's quiet and we get to watch the fireworks every night.

BCV has a great location and Stormalong Bay!

MinnieMommie
10-29-2009, 09:22 PM
Location is actually one of the best features while staying at BC. I have never found it to be noisy. :mickey:

FiggyFan
10-29-2009, 09:45 PM
We have never had a problem with noise at BCV. The rooms facing Epcot also face the loop road (Epcot Resorts Blvd) that provides access to Booardwalk, Beach Club, Yacht Club, Swan, Dolphin and Fantasia Gardens mini-golf. Traffic is pretty light - it is not a road day guests would use.

Tinkermom
10-29-2009, 11:05 PM
We have stayed at BCV several times and never had any noise issues. I agree with the previous posters - Stormalong Bay, the location and the ambience all make BCV a great resort! :thumbsup:

MickeyMousse
10-30-2009, 12:00 PM
We've never had any problems at BCV except for one night when the people in the room next door got very loud at 1am! But that can happen at ANY resort.

PlutoPlanet
10-30-2009, 12:27 PM
I know people who stay at BCV every year.

ldc12377
10-30-2009, 12:55 PM
We stayed at BCV for the first time this summer and LOVED it. At first we thought we would be disappointed in the location of our room. (We always drive and had requested a room near the parking lot which we didn't get...THANK GOODNESS:D) We loved our room...We could see Epcot fireworks from our balcony and it was amazing! The location to Epcot is awesome and Stormalong Bay can't be beat. We didn't have any trouble with noise.
I think you will love BCV and you made a great choice. Have a great time!

Donald A
10-31-2009, 10:46 PM
It was my second favorite resort second only to the Grand Floridian when I stayed there in January 2008. The location is prime. You can take a boat to the Studios. Walk right into EPCOT and take a monorail to MK (if you want to walk through EPCOT to catch it). Plus you get Stormalong Bay use and have a quick walk to the Boardwalk. I don't think you can get a better location in all of WDW.

In terms of noise, you either overlook a nice garden or EPCOT over an access road. We overlooked EPCOT. Occasionally a truck would come down the access road and make a little noise but it wasn't too bad. I think you'll enjoy it.

ThanxForNoticin
11-01-2009, 10:25 AM
While I'm sure the 'unofficial guide' has some good tidbits for you, I'm confident that a very large majority of familes who stay at BCV will disagree with their generalization. No place is perfect, but BCV is amazing. The location is a positive at BCV, not a negative. It is not noisy, but is actually quite peaceful and relaxing. I feel very confident you will enjoy your stay there. Have a wonderful trip.

MarkC
11-04-2009, 12:30 PM
Agree with Thanx post above. While there is no way 100% of the people will agree on anything, BVC is awesome and we don't want to even try anyplace else. We've stayed there a few times and have no issues to complain about. Location, Stormalong Bay, decor, etc. are all perfect. I'm surprised by that review because everyone we talk to loves it. To each his own I guess.

WorldTraveler
11-05-2009, 10:07 AM
Agree with all the positive comments. Also do not forget about the private quiet pool by the villa. Great after a long day.
Restaurants of the Beach Club and Yacht Club are all very good. Character dining at Cape May. You may want to look at the Captains Grill in the Yacht Club which is very good.
And who could pass up Beaches N Cream?
Only problem is that the theme parks seem to get in the way of all of the time you will want to spend at the resort:thumbsup:

OogieBoogieMan
11-08-2009, 07:47 PM
BCV rocks. Awesome resort, you won't be disappointed.