PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Snow in CO

Mousefever
10-29-2009, 12:09 PM
School is closed for the second day in a row. We're in the west metro area of Denver and we have about 20 inches in the backyard. It's supposed to end around 6 pm here. I hope everyone shovels by Halloween!

So I hear all you easterners who have rain all the time, but at least you don't have almost two feet of snow in October!

Amy

Nascfan
10-29-2009, 01:08 PM
You just keep that white stuff out there, k? ;)

coloradowendyl
10-29-2009, 03:27 PM
Over 2 ft in the backyard and it hasn't stopped yet!

But it is supposed to be 60 by Monday...one can only hope!

Wendy

RedSoxFan
10-29-2009, 04:29 PM
I saw the snow on the internet. Ugg --- too early for this much snow. However, I lived in Colorado Springs as a kid and remember Halloween being postponed a couple of days due to a blizzard.

Disney4us2
10-29-2009, 04:50 PM
Send the snow to us. My DD has only seen snow one time and we had to drive to see it. Halloween for us will be in the 80's during the day.

Ransom
10-29-2009, 05:20 PM
Early snow in Colorado -- Record heat in WDW.

Seems like it's a season of extremes!

Hang in there -- the season will be over soon. Then it'll be winter, and you'll really get socked.

:D

rubato
10-29-2009, 06:32 PM
I feel for you. I lived up in the mountains just south of Aspen til I was 18. I do have to say though, I'd rather be snowed in than have this never-ending rain! Ugh!!!!

Tinkermom
10-29-2009, 08:13 PM
Hey Amy! :hi: I was thinking about you when I saw all of this snow on the news! Here in KS we just got rain, lots of it but at least it is not snow! Didn't think about all that snow and Halloween -yikes! Good luck! Have some cocoa and stay warm. :camp:

I have another friend out in CO - I need to contact her to see if she is snowed in also!

coloradowendyl
10-29-2009, 08:52 PM
Send the snow to us. My DD has only seen snow one time and we had to drive to see it. Halloween for us will be in the 80's during the day.

Send your address lol...I have over 2 feet of it in my backyard that I will be happy to ship out to you!

The only one happy with this storm is my husband because he got to play with his new snowblower! Kids, Dogs, myself...we could live without it!

Wendy

Mousefever
10-30-2009, 07:04 PM
The great thing about Colorado is how quickly the snow melts! It's certainly not gone, but today's sun made a definite dent.

Amy

pink
10-31-2009, 10:55 AM
I lived in Colorado for 6 years so I feel your pain. I remember one year walking in 3 feet of snow to go trick or treating.

We are going there in November so I hope all that snow passes by then *wishful thinking*.

:mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
11-01-2009, 12:08 AM
Sorry Amy and Wendy but can you keep that nasty stuff out there? Especially until I get the leaves cleaned up!

Tick-Tock
11-01-2009, 11:00 AM
We are going there in November so I hope all that snow passes by then *wishful thinking*.

Hey, it's almost gone already! Friday, Saturday, and today have been in the 50s-60s and sunny.

crazypoohbear
11-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Send your address lol...I have over 2 feet of it in my backyard that I will be happy to ship out to you!

The only one happy with this storm is my husband because he got to play with his new snowblower! Kids, Dogs, myself...we could live without it!

Wendy

Wendy,
Send me the snow, I am unemployed, and my DH's hours are cut to 40 per week.
If we get lots of snow he will be plowing and then I can plan for Disney in the summer!
and you know when I go to disney I bring lots of other people with me :D
So, I'm walking around singing "let it snow, let it snow, let it snow"!!!

HeyMrsL!ItsThisGuy!
11-06-2009, 12:16 PM
it's snowing like crazy up here in syracuse, ny

wish it wouldn't.

crazypoohbear
11-06-2009, 08:53 PM
it's snowing like crazy up here in syracuse, ny

wish it wouldn't.

Bring it on down here Evan or we will never get to disney this summer!!!

Are you walking in the snow holding hands with your significant other, wishing on snowflakes??? ;)

coloradowendyl
11-07-2009, 09:09 AM
We reached 73 yesterday!

Back to cool and yucky by end of the week though!

Wendy