PDA

View Full Version : Anyone just come back~ weather?

EeyoresBestFriend
10-29-2009, 11:20 AM
We are going down for our first December visit and I have been watching the weather channel to try to get a bead on what kind of clothes to pack.

It has been indicating temps in the 90 -100 degree area!! Is this accurate?? :jaw:
My understanding is that it is normally around low to mid 70's.

What was it like when you were there?

Ransom
10-29-2009, 12:00 PM
We were there Oct 11-24. At the beginning of the trip, it was 93 degrees with high humidity. The humidity and temps fell until the middle Sunday, when it was actually a bit chilly! Then by the end of our trip, it was 89, but with less humidity.

We normally go in December, and so are used to much cooler temps. This was our first experience with high heat and humidity in WDW.

And you know what? It wasn't a problem! There are so many rides, shops, and restaurants that are air conditioned (not to mention random areas -- even with Tomorrowland Noodle Station closed, they kept that open-air seating area air conditioned, making it a nice place to stop and cool off when necessary)!

I doubt it'll be that warm in December, though. With the way the weather changes there, you may as easily be facing 60 degrees as 85 degrees that time of year. The unknown is part of the fun. :thumbsup:

Strmchsr
10-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Weather Channel's automated "fill in your zip code" stuff is worthless. Don't worry about that.

I would suggest 2 things. First, look in Info Central at the historic weather conditions so you can see exact info for your dates over the last few years. Second, check the forecast thread in the Vacation Planning forum when your dates get closer. Right now there is no way to know how to pack for December. The weather during that month is way to variable. In fact, you won't know until at least 7 or so days before you leave, so just be patient.