PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Backyard BBQ?

disneykid@hrt
10-29-2009, 10:51 AM
So I booked Mickey's Backyard BBQ for our upcoming trip. I thought BBQ and Mickey- how can you go wrong??

Well I just read a horrible review. I can live with mediocre food. But I can't live without my Diet Coke! Do they really not even offer water? Also I read that the show lasts 3 hours? There is no way my 2 year old will last 3 hours- maybe not the 6 year old... maybe not me. Also, does it really take an hour to get across the property of Fort Wilderness. This would mean we would be giving up 6 and a half hours for just this one dinner. Is it really worth it? PLEASE PLEASE- I need some real feedback!!

TheVBs
10-29-2009, 11:33 AM
We went in May and we had a wonderful time! We were staying at ASMu, we took a bus to MK, then the boat to FW. I don't think that took us an hour, but to be honest we didn't time it. I think the entertainment goes on for 3 hours, but you are in no way obligated to stay for the whole thing. We did, just because we were having so much fun dancing with the characters. I remember there being lots of drink options, I could swear there was water because that's what I usually drink. I know there was tea and lemonade and some soft drinks, but I don't know what the soft drinks were. There's a beer and wine bar and those were included in the price of the dinner. I thought the food was good - not great, but not mediocre either.

We had so much fun and were pleased enough with the food options that we would definitely do this again. Our DDs loved getting up and dancing. When we took the boat back to MK afterward, we had the added bonus of passing right by the Electric Water Parade and seeing MK lit up from a totally new perspective for us. Hope you have a great time!

hannahandkalebmom
10-29-2009, 01:17 PM
We went to the BBQ 2 years ago and did not have a good time. It was very crowded and the food was just okay. What was really upsetting for us was when the characers came out to dance with the kids. Several adults around us were pushing and so engaged with getting their childs photo and video taping them that we had a difficult time keeping track of the kids. There were 6 adults and 6 kids in our group with the oldest being 5. Needless to say we did not stay long. The people there we very rude and pushy and at one point we had a dificult locating and getting to the 4 year old who was getting scared among the mass of people.