PDA

View Full Version : Anyone there now?

BiloxiMom
10-28-2009, 11:02 PM
Wondering about crowds and weather conditions? We are in 3:mickey: more days! Anyone heard anything about lots of sick people at Disney? We had an Uncle who informed us that Orlando had huge percentages of H1N1. We did the stomach flu thing last visit... I'd really like my kids to stay well this time.

GrumpyFan
10-28-2009, 11:49 PM
I'm not there now, but I was last week (10/18 - 10/22). The weather was very nice, and the crowds seemed fairly low, except for Epcot, but it wasn't too bad. I'm not sure about sicknesses in Orlando, but none of us experienced anything while there or since our return.

doombuggygal
10-29-2009, 01:46 AM
We are here and it is hotter and more humid than usual for this time of year. It's supposed to stay that way through the end of the week then temperatures are supposed to return to normal. I would say that the crowds are on the low end of moderate but wait times are not bad. Have a good time!

sillyolbear
10-29-2009, 11:23 AM
Just back today from four days (Sunday-Wednesday).

Weather: Very hot and humid. A brief (I mean less than 5 minutes brief shower on Tuesday)

Crowds: Not that bad really. Earlier in the week Toy Story Mania was posted at 50 minutes standby and ended up being 35. At the MK most of the four days waits were anywhere from walk on to 25 minutes on everything.

BiloxiMom
10-29-2009, 11:28 AM
Thank you to everyone! I'm so we're so excited... just starting to pack now. It's good to know that crowds aren't bad. I guess I'll take a little bit of everything for us to wear.

BriarRose0708
10-29-2009, 01:36 PM
Just got back yesterday. Didn't notice lots of sick people and saw no one walking around with masks, but did see a lot of hand sanitizer and wipes when getting on and off rides. It was hot and humid but only poured on Tuesday (got nervous for the NSSHP but it held off), and it got cooler at night time. Crowd levels were up over the weekend but noticeably lower Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. The longest wait I saw was 50 minutes for Peter Pan on Saturday afternoon (it was also 30 minutes for Small World) and the shortest was yesterday in Animal Kingdom when we walked on Yeti three times in a row at 2 p.m.!

GrumpyFan
10-29-2009, 01:37 PM
Be sure to check the Vacation Planning (http://intercot.com/discussion/forumdisplay.php?f=22) forum, and the first thread has the latest forecast done by Strmchsr. He does a great job of laying out the forecast and upcoming potential issues and what to expect. And, if you have any questions, he's great about answering them.