PDA

View Full Version : 4:00 a.m. PST Calling for ADR's- Tips Please

wendybird
10-28-2009, 10:20 PM
I will be dialing in at about 3:58 a.m. PST on Friday. What is the BEST number to call and what tips do you have for getting in quickly? Is there a number prompt I could push early when they answer, when do I know to hang up and try again, etc.... Any tips are MUCH appreciated.:mickey:

Gator
10-29-2009, 01:24 PM
Hey, I live in Modesto, CA and I've always hated the idea of getting up at 4am. On our last trip, I couldn't sleep well at all, just thinking of getting up and calling. I called at 3:58 and couldn't get through cus it was too early. I called right back....and was on hold for 30 minutes. I got everything I wanted and at the times I wanted, as well.

However, this time I switched my strategies. I decided not to worry about getting up early. I called at 6:30am(9:30 eastern)...and I got everything I wanted at the exact time I wanted. And the call took 22 minutes.

Here's what I've learned: The only time you need to call right as lines open is when there's free dining plans offered or during the Christmas season. So don't sweat it. Get a few more hours sleep and you'll be fine.

Gregandmel
10-29-2009, 01:31 PM
I agree with Gator completely. We just went through the whole mess on 10/27 and the next day I was easily able to get on-line and make some adjustments and add some things. This morning I even called because I had a question on the price per meal at O'hanas and got RIGHT through on the reservation line! No waiting at ALL! Good luck though! I don't think you'll have any of the problems so many of us did on Tuesday. :mickey: