PDA

View Full Version : November trip decorations?

wdwnutz
10-28-2009, 05:52 PM
We had to change our December trip to Nov. 15-19th, and I was wondering if any of the Xmas decorations will be up in the parks or resorts during this week? I noticed that MVMCP is on the 17th, but our travel agent has to see if Disney will be willing to exchange our tix for that date.

buzznwoodysmom
10-28-2009, 06:09 PM
When we visited during Thanksgiving week a few years ago there were a few decorations up at the beginning of our stay, and we noticed that more decorations were added throughout the week. Some of the resorts had decorations early in Tday week, others didn't start going up till Tday or the day after. MK should be completely decorated, except for the tree, for your trip. Also this year the Osborne Lights at DHS are starting on Nov. 10th so you'll get to enjoy that as well. So expect to see some decorations, but not everything will be up yet.

Strmchsr
10-28-2009, 06:34 PM
Most of the Christmas decorations are up by then. Some of the stuff, like the Epcot events, don't start until after Thanksgiving and it's usually right at Thanksgiving before the gingerbread structures are up at the resorts, but MK will be full decorated.

Pirate Granny
10-28-2009, 06:53 PM
We were there the week before Thanksgiving last year...most of the park decorations were up...the Osbourne lights did not start until Thanksgiving...but perhaps this year they will start earlier. One strange thing...we did do a MVMCP...however the main xmas tree was NOT up...kind of disappointing as we didn't get any pictures of us at DW w/Tree and Castle.
:pirate:

wdwnutz
10-28-2009, 07:49 PM
Thanks everyone. I was really dissapointed that we had to change our dates and really wanted to be there in December but things just didn't work that way. Also this is our first trip that DH can't go, so it will just be me with DD16 abd DS3. Also how are the crowds and weather during that week?

Strmchsr
10-28-2009, 08:26 PM
Also how are the crowds and weather during that week?

Crowds shouldn't be too bad. As for weather, check my forecast thread in the vacation planning forum for details.

Zippy 1
10-28-2009, 08:37 PM
When we went a couple of years ago the gingerbread house was up at the Grand Floridian and we were there for the first MVMCP

Darbylew
10-28-2009, 10:01 PM
I have been before in November and most all
the decorations are up and the lights at DS
were lit as well. I am going November 10 and
I hope things will be up by then. I know I have
been in October and they were already starting
to decorate for Christmas at DS. It must take
a very long time for all those lights to go up.