PDA

View Full Version : Donald's Safari Breakfast

Ropachs
10-28-2009, 04:17 PM
Looking for reviews! Trying to decide if it's worth using TS credits for a/this breakfast. Thank you~

BigThunderFan
10-28-2009, 04:29 PM
We have heard great things about this one. We're going to try it in January if we can get in, but I think we'll do it out of pocket instead of using one of our TS meals, just because it doesn't really seem worthwile.:mickey:

Hayden's Dad
10-28-2009, 04:57 PM
This is a must do for us! I love Donalds Safari Breakfast. :mickey:

tadshome
10-28-2009, 05:03 PM
We really enjoyed the breakfast at Tusker House and would happily eat there again :thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-28-2009, 05:10 PM
We loved this! The food was much better than average and the character interaction was super.

Melanie
10-28-2009, 05:16 PM
Fun, fun, fun and the jungle juice (is that what it's called?) is YUMMY!!!

We had great service and wonderful character interaction here in August. I'm so pleased I enjoyed this location so much more than Donald's Breakfastosaurus. :thumbsup:

debandbub
10-28-2009, 07:40 PM
Fantastic! The food was really delicious and different, without being too "experimental" for some tastes. There is good character interaction too. We only ever do a couple table service meals each trip (not big eaters), but this is usually top on our list. Enjoy!

faline
10-28-2009, 09:07 PM
Guess I fall on the other side of the fence on this one. We dined here for the first time on our last trip. I had heard great things about it and was really looking forward to it.

I found checkin to be very chaotic. There were a mass of people waiting to be seated and there didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to when folks were summoned by beeper. We had a family of 4 arrive 15-20 minutes after we did. They were beeped before us. After we inquired about how much longer our wait would be, we were beeped within 2-3 minutes while another couple of 2 who was already waiting when we arrived was still waiting when we went to be seated.

When we rounded the corner to have pics taken with Donald prior to entering the building, a number of folks who had been beeped before us were being shuttled to the side and told that their table wasn't ready yet. Most were not happy. We were not pushed to the side but immediately had our pics and were ushered inside.

Our server seemed very rushed and it took a very long time to get beverages. In fact, we had returned to the table with our food items and had already begun to eat before our juice and coffee were served.

The characters were quite fun and we enjoyed that aspect of this spot. We did find it very noisy inside even by Disney standards. The food was good but the overall experience would not have me rushing back for another try.

jensantuit
10-28-2009, 09:32 PM
We have eaten breakfast here twice and have been very happy each time. The food was very good, service was great and the characters were excellent. We would definitely eat here again. :mickey:

wdwfansince75
10-29-2009, 10:18 AM
I found checkin to be very chaotic. There were a mass of people waiting to be seated and there didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to when folks were summoned by beeper. We had a family of 4 arrive 15-20 minutes after we did. They were beeped before us.

Over the years, we have had similar experiences at several of our favorites...It was so bad at 1900 Park Faire that I complained the next day...Was told that there had been several CM changes at the check in, and the newbies were overwhelmed...Gave it another try on our next trip, with none of the problems that we had seen on the "newbie" day....Our experience at Donald's Safari Breakfast was so great (check in, food, service, characters) that we now consider it a "Must Do"...Everyone has a bad day...To us, the food and characters were so great, we would endure some inconvenience to repeat our wonderful experience....But you had more than some inconvenience...Hope they fix it before our next trip!

Ropachs
10-29-2009, 11:16 AM
Hmmmmmmm, sounds (almost all) good! I'm considering not doing the DDP since the kids eat next to nothing which would make me feel better about doing a character breakfast or two...also thinking about Lilo & Stich at Poly. Thank you all :mickey:

FantasmicJ
10-29-2009, 12:10 PM
We ate at Donald's Safari Breakfast in May of this year. We absolutely loved it. The food was great, characters were great, and came by a few times each.

The only thing that wasn't great was the check-in line. This was the first time we have done a character meal and I didn't expect there to be such a long check-in line. We showed up about 5min before our reservation and had to wait maybe 15min in line to check-in. We got seated not too long after checking in, so that wasn't a big deal. Overall, the process did go very smoothly. So my suggestion would just be to make sure to show up a little ahead of your reservation.

#1donaldfan
10-29-2009, 12:32 PM
...if you want to avoid a chaotic check in, just get there early....early, early , early....we were probably the 4th or 5th family in and it was no problem at all...NONE....so, if you have a 8 am ressie, get there 7:15ish.....

...the food was great !!:mickey: