PDA

View Full Version : Verizon Mobile

elmjimmlm
10-28-2009, 08:42 AM
I don't know if this has been posted yet but I thought I would share...

Verizon Wireless Disney app (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2009/10/mobile-magic-first-disney-parks-mobile-app-details-screen-shots-unveiled/)

VWL Mom
10-28-2009, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the info. It looks like a November release. I hope that means next week because I would love to try it out.

4myprincesses
10-28-2009, 01:01 PM
I hope this will work with my phone as it sounds very cooll and Hubby and I will be there the 13th through 19th with.....

NO KIDS! :cloud9:

I love my kids dearly, don't get me wrong. We homeschool so I am with them nearly 24/7 (minus soccer, swim, church, etc.) and I like it that way. We've taken them to see Mickey at least once a year since 2001 and now it's our turn to ride what we want to ride! 11 years of marriage and 4 kids later I can not wait for a bit of a second honeymoon :D

Crosing fingers and toes the app is made public and works on my phone. If not, perhaps it is time to upgrade?

elmjimmlm
10-28-2009, 03:26 PM
I hope this will work with my phone as it sounds very cooll and Hubby and I will be there the 13th through 19th with.....

NO KIDS! :cloud9:

I love my kids dearly, don't get me wrong. We homeschool so I am with them nearly 24/7 (minus soccer, swim, church, etc.) and I like it that way. We've taken them to see Mickey at least once a year since 2001 and now it's our turn to ride what we want to ride! 11 years of marriage and 4 kids later I can not wait for a bit of a second honeymoon :D

Crosing fingers and toes the app is made public and works on my phone. If not, perhaps it is time to upgrade?

I think that its great that you can go kidless...I work at home to be with my kids and I know how it is to be with them every minute of every day...I dream of a kid free vacation but I don't think they would ever talk to me again...:blush:
Have a great time and if it works on your phone let us know...We will be going back in June and I would love to use it then...:mickey:

MinnieMommie
10-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Great! Thanks for the post. I have been waiting for this. :mickey:

JPL
10-29-2009, 06:13 PM
Seems to go live with the release of the Droid phone can't wait to try it out in December:mickey:

Lizzie
11-03-2009, 11:17 AM
So excited were switching to Verizon with the Droid phone. Looking forward to using this on our trip in December.

JPL
11-05-2009, 09:16 PM
Heading out tomorrow morning to upgrade to the Droid can't wait!

Lizzie
11-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Anyone know the availability on this yet?

WDWfanatic742
11-07-2009, 01:46 PM
I have no experience on using the app store for Verizon, but just checking real quick and searching "mobile magic" and "disney", I couldn't find anything that looked like it.

JPL
11-08-2009, 10:02 PM
I searched it on the Droid Apps store and nothing yet

JPL
11-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Apparently you need to txt MAGIC to 2777 to get the app but when I did it said it wasn't valid might not be ready yet

jnfr2424
11-10-2009, 08:14 AM
I called Verizon Wireless they could not give me any information on when this feature is going to be available yet

JPL
11-10-2009, 08:48 AM
Reorts say the release date is today November 10th but still nothing in the Apps store and the text Magic deal still not working

elmjimmlm
11-10-2009, 09:48 AM
Heading out tomorrow morning to upgrade to the Droid can't wait!

Let me know if you like it...My new every 2 is almost up and I am thinking of the Droid...

JPL
11-10-2009, 11:29 AM
So far I love the Droid it's a little bit of a battery eater but it charges quickly!

JPL
11-11-2009, 09:04 AM
Bad news for us smartphone user this app is not available for the Blackberry or the Droid :mad:

WDWfanatic742
11-11-2009, 05:56 PM
The list of Verizon Wireless phones that Mobile Magic will be available on is expected to grow to include “touch” handsets and smartphones in the upcoming weeks.

They are also going to be tweaking it off and on until at least January...

JPL
11-11-2009, 10:07 PM
Still you would think they would have developed in conjunction with the release of the Droid and use cross promotion

WDWfanatic742
11-12-2009, 12:56 AM
That make sense to you and me and other people. But you are talking about Disney and we know their history with internet technology...

4myprincesses
11-13-2009, 08:29 AM
Where do you find out which phones that ap works on? I am hoping it will work on mine, we leave today!

JPL
11-13-2009, 09:10 AM
I haven't been able to find an actual list but if you text MAGIC to 2777 the app will download if your phone is compatible

elmjimmlm
11-13-2009, 04:09 PM
Here is the list that I found...Of course they say no smart phones or touch phones but they are going to have more later in the coming weeks...My DS can download it on his...I did a 24 hr. demo and I know that this will come in handy when we go in June...

– LG Glance
- LG VX Chocolate
- LG Chocolate 3
- LG Decoy
- LG VX 8700
- LG Venus
- Moto Adventure
- Nokia 7205
- Samsung Renown
- Moto 325
- Samsung 540
- Samsung 550
- LG 5500
- Nokia 6205
- Moto 755
- UT Starcom 8950
- UT Starcom GC1-c711
- GZ1 – S Boulder
- Moto K1 -M
- Moto – L7c
- LG 8350
- Samsung Trance
- Moto V3m
- Moto Barrage
- Moto VU204

MinnieMommie
11-13-2009, 07:03 PM
I txt to 2777 and received a response that said, this is no longer available for purchase. Anyone else have any luck yet? :mickey:

JPL
11-13-2009, 08:48 PM
Still can't believe this is not available for the Droid yet:mad: The phone I upgraded from is on the list yet their newest phone designed to support Apps and compete with the iPhone is not! I guess Verizon and Disney are a perfect match!

BigRedDad
11-29-2009, 09:24 AM
Jeff,
I am in the same boat. My Droid does not get the app either. I hope they allow someone to port the application to the Android operating system. From a first release it is understandable. However, it will limit their customer base on VZW by not allowing it on an Android phone eventually.

WDWfanatic742
11-29-2009, 08:45 PM
Something that just came to me. It's probably because it is an android that it hasn't come out to Droid yet. They might be running into problems in limiting it to Verizon android phones instead of all android phones on all of the other networks as well.

DreamFinder2
11-29-2009, 11:02 PM
I have an EnV2 and when I texted, it said it the requested app isn't compatible w/ my phone!!!

Hmmm...how much am I willing to pay for the app????

JPL
11-30-2009, 09:01 PM
I spoke to someone from Verizon and Disney is the hold up! Not that this news should surprise anyone with Disney's Technical history. They did not want it developed for any of the smartphones:confused: Even Verizon is upset about it.

JPL
12-21-2009, 03:07 PM
From Disney Parks Blog:

Update: New Phones Added

- LG VX 9100 – enV2
- LG VX 9200 – enV3
- LG VX 8300
- LG VX8370
- Motorola V9M
- Motorola W766 Harmony
- Motorola VE
- Samsung U640 Buddy
- Samsung SCH – U650 (Sway)
- Casio Hitachi Exilim C721
The list of Verizon Wireless phones that Mobile Magic will be available on is expected to grow to include “touch” handsets and smartphones in the upcoming weeks.

VWL Mom
12-21-2009, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the update. Mine is on the list and I can't wait to try it out in June. :mickey:

JPL
12-31-2009, 01:43 PM
I merged the 2 threads about Verizon Mobile in order to make the information easier to find
Hope this helps everyone:thumbsup:

tmosier
01-07-2010, 09:31 AM
The Disney Mobile Magic app is now available for my LG Chocolate Touch! I hope it proves worth $9.99 + browse time costs when we are at Disney World at the end of January.

JPL
01-07-2010, 11:13 AM
The Following Touch-Screen Devices
Updated 01/07/2010

- LG VX8575 – Chocolate Touch
- LG VX 9600 – Versa
- LG VX 9700 – Dare
- LG VX 10000 – Voyager
- LG VX 11000 – enV Touch

DisneyGiant
01-15-2010, 08:03 PM
Any news on whether the Blackberry Curve can get this app?

For those who got it - was it worth it?

JPL
01-15-2010, 08:50 PM
According to Verizon and the Official Disney Parks Blog Smartphones are coming online soon what ever that means

elmjimmlm
01-15-2010, 09:00 PM
Where did you find the list with Voyager on it... I just tried it and of course, nothing?

JPL
01-15-2010, 10:14 PM
The information comes straight from the Official Disney Parks Blog I have been trying to update it when they make new information available

elmjimmlm
01-15-2010, 10:27 PM
The information comes straight from the Official Disney Parks Blog I have been trying to update it when they make new information available

Thanks...I hope its just a kink and I will be able to get it soon...Did you ever get it for your phone?

JPL
01-16-2010, 03:02 PM
Nope still not available for the Droid.

Alligirl
01-17-2010, 05:21 PM
WooHoo Just got it for my new LG env. I'll be using it the last weekend in Jan. & will let you know how I like it.

elmjimmlm
01-20-2010, 10:32 PM
:woohoo::joy:I got it!!! You can either choose a one day free trial or a 6 mth. app for 9.99...JPL, I hope you get it for your Droid soon ...:joy::woohoo:

Santuitman
02-06-2010, 11:52 AM
HI
has anyone heard of anymore updates for this? We're hoping they'll have it for the Blackberry soon.

Thanks
Brian

tmosier
02-15-2010, 03:22 PM
I used the Verizon/Disney app on our recent trip to WDW and was very happy with it! We mainly used it for weather, fast pass and wait time information. We never used the games, characters, or favorite options. I would definitely buy this app again.

Tinkerfreak
02-15-2010, 03:29 PM
I would love to try this on our next trip coming up in May. I have Verizon Wireless and have a Voyager. How much is the app. and how much does it cost to use it? I'm not too much of a tech person so any info would be helpful.
Thanks!

Alligirl
02-15-2010, 06:08 PM
I think the cost was $10 for 6 months. We used it the last weekend in Jan. We liked the weather and fast pass info as well. I also liked the trivia questions while waiting on lines! I would get it again!

JPL
02-15-2010, 11:10 PM
I just hope they get on the ball and make it available for the Droid before my trip in June :(

JoDisney
02-19-2010, 09:11 AM
Has anyone heard if this application will be available for all cell phone carriers or with Blackberry? Are there any Disney Park app. for Blackberry?

WDWfanatic742
02-19-2010, 04:24 PM
Can't answer the app for Blackberry because I have no idea, but it's going to stay on Verizon for at least a few years I believe. I think that's how long the contract lasts with them.

JPL
02-19-2010, 06:57 PM
Has anyone heard if this application will be available for all cell phone carriers or with Blackberry? Are there any Disney Park app. for Blackberry?

I know that Mobile Magic isn't available for the Blackberry yet. There are plans to roll it eventually but no specific date has been given. As far as other Disney apps I really can't answer that because I am not sure what's available for it.

Maleficent's Dad
02-20-2010, 08:55 PM
I just got back from a week's stay in WDW. I used the Verizon App - so if you have any questions, shoot 'em my way...

My observations:
1. You need to have VZ Navigator for it to work - this costs $10 per month and is a GPS type device on your phone.
So cost is:
$10 for 6 months of app
$2 (approx) for download data (one time cost)
$10 per month for VZ Navigator

2. If you're a planner (as I am) and something of a Disney Affecionado (as I am), this tool (app) is very "cool," but not necessarily helpful or useful.

3. The app is only effective for the park you are in. It works for the other three parks, but its genuine effectiveness is only good in the park you're in. It gives very specific times for the park you're in currently. It gives much more vague times for the other parks (this includes when you're at your resort).

4. The app is exceptionally accurate. This applies mostly to the park you're visiting. If you're in a park, let's say Epcot, and it tells you that the Standby time for TT is 90 minutes, that is exactly what the posted time is for the standby line. Same rings true for the FP return times - this is a very accurate application!!!

5. We used it primarily for fun (a trivia game vs. others using the app is included) and to find out if FP's might be available late in the day at some popular attractions.
We travel during busy times (President's week this past week) so we plan ahead. The app didn't help us during the day, but it was a lot of fun. People around us were intriqued by it, and even many CM's had no idea what it was. There were loads of Disney fans (hardcore) who were questioning us about its use.

If anyone has specific questions, I'll do my best to answer them!

It's fun, a bit pricey for most, but a nice thing to have. As I said, if you're a planner, it's not really necessary to have.

BTW - I used an LG EnV3 - and my only gripe was that the keypad had to be opened up to use the app. You couldn't use it (on this phone) on the phone pad only (the cover of the phone).

bouncer
02-21-2010, 01:32 PM
I am very glad to hear your report. I too have the LG ENV3 but do not currently use the Navigator. So I would be incurring all $22 of the charges if I decided to go with the app. I know what you are saying about having to open the flip. I have to do that with some text messages-it may not be convienent in a park with bags in hand and what not :bar: After hearing your report, I think that I will pass...

1) I usually have a pretty solid park plan. I am a scheduler.
2) We will be ther Dec 3-7, 2010 - not a typically busy/crowded time. At least to the point where it would be hard to manage attractions.

Again thanks for the info. I found it very helpful.:thumbsup:

Chip Carlton
03-03-2010, 03:54 PM
I am a Sales Rep for Verizon Wireless. To answer a few questions that I know the answers to..

- VZ Nav requirement: I have not heard of this being mandatory for the use of Mobile Magic App. There is no reason it should be mandatory that I can think of. Of course, you location will have to be turned on the device in order to use the Mobile Magic App but I do not think you HAVE to have a subscription to VZ Navigator.

- Mobile Magic App on DROID: Unfortunately this isn't a Verizon designed application but is hosted by Verizon. Meaning when you download through Get it Now it's charged onto your Verizon bill. With a DROID the applications and done completely through Google's "Android Market" and purchase of any DROID apps are charged through Google, NOT Verizon. Disney can and just might design the same app for DROID but I wouldn't count on it. There is, however, an app i found called "Ride Hopper." It's a user submitted application so therefore it isn't very reliable but if used correctly and by many people it could be effective.

I'm slightly confused as to why there is such a defined list of what Get It Now capable phones are able to use the application. It seems to me that all Get It Now enabled devices should be able to get the Mobile Magic app but maybe that not the case, which I don't understand at all. (Hey I just work there, haha)

If there are any questions feel free to ask and I'll try to answer. Being that I'm in Tennessee and have never spoken with a customer about the application...I haven't really been exposed to it to answer many questions about it.

JPL
03-04-2010, 08:44 PM
I find that very frustrating since Verizon Customer Service told me it would be available on the Droid before I upgraded my phone :mad:

Maleficent's Dad
03-09-2010, 08:12 PM
I find that very frustrating since Verizon Customer Service told me it would be available on the Droid before I upgraded my phone :mad:
Jeff,
I completely agree with you!!!

I went to the Verizon store - these people know less about apps & Verizon services than I do.

They told me the only phone that would operate the Disney app would be the Droid.

I'm glad I didn't listen to them.

1DisneyNut
03-12-2010, 07:10 PM
A little off topic but I have to reply to the last two posts. What I love is when I buy a phone and then start having troubles with it and then do research to online in the cell phone forums and discover it is a widespread problem. Then I take the phone into verizon tech service and they try to act like it is the first time they ever heard of the issues and do not want to replace my phone. Right now I have a lg env touch that is the biggest piece of junk I have ever had. The touch screen is useless on it. You punch one persons name and it calls someone four down even though the correct name lit up or you punch a name and it takes off scrolling 30 names down. I hate, hate it, hate it. Took it into verizon and got the "We haven't see any problems like that" line. lol They are obviously trained to play dumb to save on costs of fixing/replacing phones and to instead try to sell.

Plex
03-14-2010, 07:50 PM
For those of you that have smart phones, but can't use this app, check out m.disneyworld.com

It's not quite the same as the app, but it's a decent substitute for folks who aren't on a Verizon phone that supports the app.

It will give you the general demand level (low, moderate, high) and will be able to tell you if Fast Passes are available. The site seems a little slow to me, but the network may just be slow right now.

I'll be heading to WDW in less than a month, so I'll come back with a full report on how accurate it actually is!

JPL
03-14-2010, 08:41 PM
The Disney Mobile website is ok but doesn't give you half the information the App does. The doesn't really update the demand status it just an estimate. The app gives you realtime wait times. I think the point people who have smartphones like myself are trying to make is we were sold the smartphones for applications just like this one!

Chip Carlton
04-03-2010, 12:22 AM
Thank you for the kind word on Verizon Employee (such as myself) Maleficent's Dad and 1DisneyNut.

Anyhow... on the DROID, as I've mentioned there is an called "Ride Hopper" it is getting more and more popular. The higher the popularity the better the results. It's user submitted so it's not official (like Disney's Mobile Magic) but it seems to be pretty nice to have. Also you have the option of the m.disneyworld.com website via Android OS, RIM OS, Palm OS, WinMo OS, or anything with a browser. Hey it's still just as good as what the iPhone has to offer!

In addition to "Ride Hopper" there is also "Touring Plans.com" that offers a good subscription service for wait times, shows, etc... I believe it's 8.99 for a year subscription and I've read good reviews online but can't comment on it myself.

In regards to 1DisneyNut's comment on the enV Touch. Yes there are issues with the LG enV Touch and you are right WE KNOW ABOUT IT. You could imagine the uproar from customers "wanting a different phone" if we said ...yeah sorry, deal with it. However, please e-mail LG. They are the manufacturer of the device that you purchased, we sell service, not phones. So please don't throw your device at your local customer service rep (it's happened to me). Also...be sure you have the V09 software on your enV Touch..if you don't then therein lies your problem. Give to your "greeter" at local Verizon Corporate store and tell them you need a software upgrade, they know exactly what it is.

Santuitman
04-03-2010, 07:48 AM
I sure wish they'd come out with it for the blackberries. We've been patiently waiting but still nothing.

Maleficent's Dad
04-03-2010, 07:22 PM
I need to update one of my previous posts - you do not need to have the VZ Navigator with the app. Found that out the "hard way." And while I extend my apologies to Chip Carlton if my comments appeared to bash all Verizon employees, I will say this - the employees of your company that I have dealt with have not been helpful at all; in fact, they know far less about apps and phones than I can find in 5 minutes online. Sorry! The "need" for the VZ Navigator that I previously cited is just one example of the misinformation Verizon employees have given me. My apologies - I did not mean to offend you in any way. :mickey:

Chip Carlton
04-04-2010, 10:48 PM
I need to update one of my previous posts - you do not need to have the VZ Navigator with the app. Found that out the "hard way." And while I extend my apologies to Chip Carlton if my comments appeared to bash all Verizon employees, I will say this - the employees of your company that I have dealt with have not been helpful at all; in fact, they know far less about apps and phones than I can find in 5 minutes online. Sorry! The "need" for the VZ Navigator that I previously cited is just one example of the misinformation Verizon employees have given me. My apologies - I did not mean to offend you in any way. :mickey:

No worries at all and I completely understand the feeling. I think the problem is the amount of things that we do have to know is consumed in other areas of the company and focus of the company. The problem is we mostly all are "geeks" with PDA's (BB, Droid, Palms, WinMo, etc) that aren't Get It Now App capable therefore our knowledge of those types of apps arent' too vast. So some Reps will make up information to seem knowledgable. I'll be upfront and honest personally....anyhow. **off soap box**

I've been reading reviews on the "Ride Hopper" app and it seems pretty useful for those with an Android Operating system device (DROID, HTC Eris, Moto Devour)

4myprincesses
04-08-2010, 12:51 PM
I am in the market for a new phone with Verizon. I was hoping to be able to get Disney Mobile Magic, but was looking at the HTC Eris and the Curve. :(

Where online can I find a list or description of apps available for these phones? I have found the list on Verizon's site but from the sounds of things those will not work on the two phones I am looking at. Maybe I should pick a different phone, LOL!

JPL
04-08-2010, 10:55 PM
Here is the list from the Official Disney Parks Blog

Here’s the list of phones that the app is currently available on:

– LG Glance
- LG VX Chocolate
- LG Chocolate 3
- LG Decoy
- LG VX 8700
- LG Venus
- Moto Adventure
- Nokia 7205
- Samsung Renown
- Moto 325
- Samsung 540
- Samsung 550
- LG 5500
- Nokia 6205
- Moto 755
- UT Starcom 8950
- UT Starcom GC1-c711
- GZ1 – S Boulder
- Moto K1 -M
- Moto – L7c
- LG 8350
- Samsung Trance
- Moto V3m
- Moto Barrage
- Moto VU204
- LGE VX-8360
- Motorola RIZR Z6TV
- Motorola VU30 (Rapture)
- Motorola Z6c
- Samsung SCH-A990
- Samsung SCH-U620
- Samsung SCH-U900 Flipshot
- LG VX 9100 – enV2
- LG VX 9200 – enV3
- LG VX 8300
- LG VX8370
- Motorola V9M
- Motorola W766 Harmony
- Motorola VE
- Samsung U640 Buddy
- Samsung SCH – U650 (Sway)
- Casio Hitachi Exilim C721
Update: New Phones Added

- Nokia 6315i
- Nokia 2705 Shade
- CDM – 8975
- LG VX 8600
- LG VX9400
- LG VX9800 V
- LG VX9900 enV
- Nokia Twist 7705
The Following Touch-Screen Devices Added

- LG VX8575 – Chocolate Touch
- LG VX 9600 – Versa
- LG VX 9700 – Dare
- LG VX 10000 – Voyager
- LG VX 11000 – enV Touch

MinnieMommie
04-15-2010, 07:08 AM
Since it sounds like we don't need the navigator in order to use this app is there an internet/data charge for each use? My daughter's phone just got added and she will be visiting Disney soon so want to know all the charges before ordering.

Thanks for your help with this. :mickey:

Goofy4TheWorld
04-19-2010, 01:55 PM
Since it sounds like we don't need the navigator in order to use this app is there an Internet/data charge for each use? My daughter's phone just got added and she will be visiting Disney soon so want to know all the charges before ordering.

Thanks for your help with this. :mickey:

I kinda second this question.

It looks to me like we have to pay one of the three possible charges IN ADDITION to the $10 app charge:

1) Pay $1.99 per MB used
2) Pay $9.99 for 25MB of data usage, and 20’ per MB after that, or
3) Pay $29.99 for unlimited data usage.

I currently have NO data traffic on my account (the data features are actually blocked to keep anyone from incurring data charges while looking at "free" ring-tones:mad:). I am going to add some kind of data plan for one month, then cancel it.

I assume that this App will use enough data MB to justify the $9.99 plan for one month, but is that true, or would I be better off just paying by the MB? Surely it wouldn't use enough MB to need the unlimited plan, right? :confused:

JPL
04-19-2010, 08:35 PM
Just remember 1 MB is really not alot of data so I would recommend the unlimited plan especially if it is only for a month since you don't want to end up paying much more if it does use alot more than the $9.99 plan. For example let's say it uses 2 MB everytime you open the app you would only be able to access it 12 times before extra charge apply. These are not actual number just an example. I always say better safe than sorry.

elmjimmlm
06-28-2010, 06:15 PM
We just got back and I loved using it! Wherever in the parks we were it would locate us and tell us the wait times and fastpass return times...I recommend this to anyone that can get it...:thumbsup:

elmjimmlm
07-26-2011, 02:06 PM
Has anyone heard any news about the app for the iPhone? I loved using this on our last trip and now I'm going to be lost without it I a few weeks...:(

elmjimmlm
02-25-2012, 03:04 PM
Finally it's out for the iPhone...I love how it has videos for each park...I can't wait to get there to use it...Guess I need to book a trip first...:thumbsup: