PDA

View Full Version : Walking from DHS to Epcot

tesslor
10-27-2009, 10:26 PM
Has anyone walked from the studios to epcot.

We will be trying to make an 8:25 dinner reservation in Italy after a 6:30 Fantasmic.

If the boat line is long, we may try to walk. Has anyone tried this? How long does it take?

EllieMae
10-27-2009, 10:37 PM
I have walked it many times and would say it takes about 20-30 min. at a leisurely pace. I think it is quicker than the boat. But that's just my :twocents:

phlo8810
10-27-2009, 10:42 PM
We like to stay at the boardwalk and have done that walk alot. I definitely agree it is quicker than the boat. I would say a good 20mins if your walking average speed.

kswiz
10-28-2009, 01:00 AM
Have done this walk a number of times also and probably looking at 30 minutes but still faster than the boat.

We also use a shortcut: When you get to Disney's Boardwalk Villas there will be a small pool. Go past it. Then, just past the next wing of the Villas is the larger pool (i.e., the one with the carousel). If you turn right just before the waterslide and walk past the carousel you will see a little tunnel that will let you cut through to the Boardwalk (there are even restrooms here). This lets you avoid going all the way around the Villas to Jellyrolls and then having to double back.

Hope this helps!

crazygoalie39
10-28-2009, 01:33 AM
Boat is definitely easier on the legs, but it's not a bad walk. Like every one else has said it took us a half hour to walk. I don't remember what the boat was but it was a pretty long time.

ThanxForNoticin
10-28-2009, 05:17 AM
It's a pretty nice walk. 30 minutes sounds like a good estimate to get to Italy. And keep in mind, it's not only the line to get on the boat that takes time, but the boat also makes several stops along the way to EPCOT (Swan/Dolphin, BW, and BC/YC). The worst part of your trip might be getting from Fantasmic to the DHS exit. Enjoy your evening - sounds like fun.

disneyworld55925592
10-28-2009, 10:50 AM
It's probably a mile and a half walk, it could take up to 30Minutes, if your really moving you can make it in less. They boat line is usually managable sometimes long but if your dogs are barking then I would suggest you wait for the boat!!:mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
10-28-2009, 11:10 AM
Did this walk last week and actual timed it with a Garmin Forerunner GPS watch knowing this question would come up.

Going from the International Gateway entrance at Epcot to the DHS entrance we took 24 minutes and on the return it was 26 minutes. These were at leisurely paces. From the gateway to Italy will require an additional 6 minutes.

princessgirls
10-28-2009, 12:04 PM
Go with walking!

As another poster said, the boat makes several stops.

The walk was a nice one, with plenty to check out along the way. About 1/2 hour.

Enjoy!

Julie:mickey:

tesslor
10-28-2009, 01:23 PM
Is it easy to figure out where you are going?
I have absolutely no sense of direction.

Polynesian Dweller
10-28-2009, 01:36 PM
Is it easy to figure out where you are going?
I have absolutely no sense of direction.

Yes, very easy. Coming out of DHS keep going straight out and you'll see the path right by the water. Just keep the water on your left. Keep going to the end at Boardwalk and turn right to go to the lagoon in front of Boardwalk. You are now on the Boardwalk and just walk around it past ESPN Zone over the bridge and head right to the International Gateway. Real easy actually.

tesslor
10-28-2009, 01:41 PM
Thanks! It was the "where to go when I come out of DHS" that I was worried about. I can handle keep the water to the left!
I appreciate everyones help.

ThanxForNoticin
10-28-2009, 02:41 PM
I feel very confident that you won't be heading to the walking path alone that night after Fantasmic. There will probably many groups of people that will use the walking path to get back to the EPCOT area. You should be able to follow some of them to the path. "Keep the water to your left" is an excellent suggestion.

A Big Kid
10-28-2009, 08:03 PM
I've run it a few times during the marathon. I remember it as a looooooooooooooooooooooong way. Then on one trip, my wife and I walked it. wasnt long at all. Of course, I stopped and got a beer along the way.

tesslor
10-28-2009, 09:08 PM
I've run it a few times during the marathon. I remember it as a looooooooooooooooooooooong way. Then on one trip, my wife and I walked it. wasnt long at all. Of course, I stopped and got a beer along the way.

Ha Ha, no wonder it was a long way!

fanofdisney
10-28-2009, 10:47 PM
How fun! This is the first time we will be at BWV and I am excited to try these paths. Thanks for all the info.

bruin1344
10-29-2009, 01:00 PM
another vote for the walk rather than the boat

dumbo_buddy
10-30-2009, 02:49 PM
dh and i walked it last september in the middle of the day. it was VERY hot but a very nice walk! then in march we did it again and i was 25 weeks pregnant. again, hot! i can't wait to go in january and do the walk again with my 7 month old!

i think about 30 min sounds right. have fun!:mickey: