PDA

View Full Version : Behind the Seeds tour

sassy2000
10-27-2009, 08:57 PM
Do I need to make reservations for this ahead of time or will it be ok to wait until the day of?

kakn7294
10-27-2009, 09:52 PM
You can wait until the day of. We were a party of 6 that booked in July on the same day. I do recommend going early in the day though just in case it happens to be busy. It gives you a better selection of time slots. It's a great tour if you've never done it before.

tadcd
10-27-2009, 11:57 PM
We didn't make advance reservations.
We loved this tour. Have a great time!
:mickey:

-Teresa
planning Jan '10 one week getaway
BCV/AKL

Disney4
10-28-2009, 01:05 PM
Never being one to leave it to chance, I booked ahead of time. That way I had no worries about a freak surge in attendance for the tour or a reduction in available tour times. (I probably worry too much about these things!).

It is a great tour and appealed to my teenager as well as my little one - something for everybody.

Enjoy!

Dopey's Girl
10-28-2009, 01:35 PM
We booked our tour ahead of time, and I was glad we did. That way we got to pick the time of day we wanted, rather than having to be stuck when there was room.

It was a great tour though! So interesting to see what goes on behind the doors of the greenhouses!

Laughin' place
10-28-2009, 10:15 PM
I took my gardening lovely wife in June 08, and she loved this tour. We booked in advance, as I am an obsessive Disney planner. I would say your answer depends on the time of year, and how flexible you are willing to be. I would guess that most of the year, you can make "same day". During crazy peak, Id guess there are lots of people looking to do ANYTHING that doesnt involve a 60 minute wait, so competition might be stiff. Good luck, and enjoy

Genie1953
10-28-2009, 11:06 PM
Exactly what is this Behind the Seeds tour? Is there any charge? My husband is big into gardening and this might be right up his alley.

kswiz
10-29-2009, 12:24 AM
Exactly what is this Behind the Seeds tour? Is there any charge? My husband is big into gardening and this might be right up his alley.

From the WDW website:

The Behind the Seeds at Epcot tour offers a one-hour indoor walking tour of the greenhouses seen during the Living with the Land attraction at Epcot theme park .

For all ages. Duration: 30 to 60 minutes

Discover the secrets of how The Land Pavilion grows delicious produce indoors on this special backstage tour. See the future of agriculture, go alligator gazing, release lady bugs and learn the advanced—and often experimental—techniques used to grow hydroponic crops with little or no soil. Watch how new methods are being developed to cultivate plants around the world and help make the Earth a healthier place to live.

If you want a preview of the tour, ride the Living with the Land attraction. If you like what you see as your boat cruises through the greenhouse, you will love the Behind the Seeds at Epcot tour.

Epcot theme park admission is required and is not included in the price of the tour. The tour is indoors and only an hour long, but you will be on your feet for the entire time.

TheRustyScupper
10-29-2009, 12:45 PM
1) This is one of those "MAYBE" answers.
2) Usually there is enough room to walk-up.
3) But, on any given day, they can be empty or full.
4) I would get an ADR for the tour.

sassy2000
10-30-2009, 10:13 AM
Thanks everyone! My DH has always wanted to do this tour and my DS 5 loves the ride so I'm going to book the tour for them on our upcoming trip in Dec. :mickey:

garymacd
10-30-2009, 02:43 PM
We got lucky when we went last trip. We found Living With the Land closed and wanted to do something. I walked up to the Behind the Seeds counter and found a tour was leaving in about 5 minutes. We had enough time to use the facilities and pay before we headed out. The tour was just us and another couple from Indiana on the tour. Another woman came up and postponed her family's tour since they were tied up across the park somewhere. We had a great time.

It was a good thing we took that tour because as we were ending our tour the next one was just getting started. There must have been twenty people on that tour. So as others have said, sometimes you need the advanced reservation, or pay your money and take your chances.

Genie1953
10-30-2009, 07:18 PM
How much does this tour cost?

cinderellagrl
10-31-2009, 02:17 PM
We love this tour! My father is a farmer, so we take the tour about every other trip. I think I have been on it five or so times! We have never made advanced reservations (every time its a group of four or six). We usually just go early in the morning, soon after we get to epcot, and sign up for one!

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-01-2009, 03:34 PM
How much does this tour cost?

It is $14 for those 10+ and $10 for those aged 3 - 9.