PDA

View Full Version : Luggage Transfer 1 Resort to Another

DisneyFan1979
10-27-2009, 08:03 PM
On our upcoming January trip we'll be staying at Coronado Springs the first night and then switching to the Yacht Club for the start of the buy 4 get 3 package (the Yacht Club was about $600!! for the first night of our trip).

What have been people's experiences having Disney transfer their luggage? How does it work? We'll have some groceries with us (probably a 24 pack of water and one cloth grocery bag of cereals, etc) from our town car stop at the grocery store - will it be a problem to transfer that along with our regular luggage?

Thanks! :mickey:

Seasonscraps
10-27-2009, 08:09 PM
We have done it several times - it's a piece of cake. Call bell services to pick up your bags and tell them you are transferring to the Yacht Club. They will take your groceries although I am not sure how they handle cold items during the transfer.

Your bags will get moved mid to late afternoon. When you get to your room at the YC, call bell services to send up your bags.

DisneyFan1979
10-27-2009, 09:32 PM
Thanks Seasonscraps - sounds simple enough. We won't have any groceries that require refridgeration so that shouldn't be a problem (Although I am curious if others know whether Disney would transfer them too.)

MinnieMommie
10-28-2009, 07:07 AM
I have transferred luggage and groceries from one DVC to another and have been surprised at how easy the transition was. They are good about managing groceries (yes even things which need refrigeration). I do agree though that you should call them when you get to your room. I was under the expectation that my things would be in my room when I arrived but needed to call over to bell services. I would not hesitate to have Disney do my luggage/grocery transfer. :mickey:

beksy
10-28-2009, 06:31 PM
We just did this last week. We stayed one night at Pop and then transfered to POFQ. I was really nervous since I had never done anything like this before but it was a piece of cake! They were brought right up when we called from our room at POFQ that night. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again (and we are in Dec!). :mickey:

Mousemates
10-28-2009, 08:51 PM
We have also done this several times...and will be doing it again in December January...very easy, never had any problems whatsoever.