PDA

View Full Version : On Line System Down??/Phone Lines Busy?? {Merged Threads}

Bohms4
10-27-2009, 06:06 AM
Anyone else having trouble booking online???? I'm tried two different computers...no luck...:mad:

ryels
10-27-2009, 06:08 AM
Same here :mad:

Why I bothered to get up early today, I'll never understand. Disney's website has always been pretty unreliable.

Oh well, looks like we'll be sitting on the phone this morning...

Bohms4
10-27-2009, 06:10 AM
I could have used that extra hour of sleep. :mad::thedolls:

A&M'sMommy
10-27-2009, 06:10 AM
Yup, for me too. GRR!

I'm up, dressed and ready for the day and it's dark out and the kiddos are still asleep. The part that stink is 7:00 a.m. is CRAZY time trying to get everyone fed and out the door for school and I'll be on hold!

Gregandmel
10-27-2009, 06:15 AM
No real surprise. I've been tossing and turning all night long not wanting to sleep past 4:45am so I could be ready by 5am to start booking (it's 5:15am right now). I was able to get my first reservation, but then POW - got an HTTP Server error before it finished - now it won't let me book anything - says an "unusually high volume" on the website and cannot process requests. Hmmmm.....could be possibly that we opened up the 180 booking window for 3 months worth of vacationers??? At least I figured this was going to happen - oh well - guess I'll try later on in the day. :mickey:

TheDuckRocks
10-27-2009, 06:17 AM
I knew this was going to happen today. Remember this is the date that they are changing over to the 180+10 reservation time frame so extra, extra busy. Well back over there to see if it's still jammed.

Brooklynos
10-27-2009, 06:18 AM
Yep, having the same problem. Why they even bothered having the website handle this kind of traffic today I don't know but it sure is frustrating to wake up at 5am my time to get online just to have it be a waste of time. I'll be on hold with everyone else at 6am central/7am eastern. Good luck everybody in getting your adrs. :mickey:

mustBgoofy
10-27-2009, 06:18 AM
I got up early!!! On the bright side - If you go to the Disney website - EMH's have been posted for the water parks and Animal Kingdom through April. The other's have their calendars open through April, but nothing on them. Hope this will help someone who is sitting on the phone like me and needs to adjust ressie's!!:cool:

Bohms4
10-27-2009, 06:19 AM
I was on right when it opened too but I didn't get anything. I got the error right from the begining. Their phones are going to be slammed at 7 EST. There's got to be a better way......:(

BethieTink
10-27-2009, 06:21 AM
What a nightmare so far. One computer can't even get into it and the other is stuck in "please wait while we process your request" he*l! This was just the disaster I was fearing this morning. Thanks Disney!! :mad:

Bohms4
10-27-2009, 06:24 AM
The calendar doesn't even pop up for me on the Dining Reservations page....that box is yellowed out.

Disneyfirsttimer
10-27-2009, 06:26 AM
Down for me too! Been up since 5:30pm. Just sits on the page. Got one ressie to work, but then it jammed as I tried to place in cart. Now it says due to high volume it can't complete my request. No kidding! You would think the system could handle it, but no. I am not surprised. I expected this. Can't wait to try to get on the phone at 7. That should be fun.

Karyn

Gregandmel
10-27-2009, 06:27 AM
The website now says "The system is down for maintenance" - I had a feeling it would be overloaded this morning. Just remember everyone: NOt everyone is trying for the same dates and places!! Patience is key today :thedolls:

Disneyfirsttimer
10-27-2009, 06:27 AM
Now is says the site is down for maintenance. Try again later. Are they kidding????? :thedolls:

Karyn

BethieTink
10-27-2009, 06:31 AM
I also love the "Your session is about to expire due to inactivity"...what hitting the "Check Availability" button 100 times doesn't count as activity????

Always Goofy
10-27-2009, 06:31 AM
Yep...I am with you all!!! I was up and out the door just so I could be in front of my computer too at 6:00 AM. I get the same messages. I tried to even log on with my reservation number and after a while that went through, but now...no luck either.

I think we all expected this

Maleficent's Dad
10-27-2009, 06:33 AM
That extra hour of sleep now gone...

Disney's Tech Dept = :down:

Can't imagine the phone lines this morning are going to be all that fun either... :bang:

Disneyfirsttimer
10-27-2009, 06:33 AM
I also love the "Your session is about to expire due to inactivity"...what hitting the "Check Availability" button 100 times doesn't count as activity????

Too funny! Same here.

Always Goofy
10-27-2009, 06:37 AM
Well, I tried to open another window to Disney and now nothing comes up for a LONG time! It is still opening and giving the same message...

Make Your Reservation
Sorry, the booking system is currently unavailable. Please try again later or call (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463. If you are under 18 years of age, you must have your parent or guardian's permission to dial this number.

Just say to your self...All it takes is faith and trust....and a WHOLE LOT of pixie dust!

BethieTink
10-27-2009, 06:38 AM
Ya know, the funny thing is I don't care if they do 180 or 90 days. I just want them to stick with one or the other and not keep going back and forth. Also, I would like that when they do make a final decision as to what the timeframe is have a system that can handle it.

thumperbug
10-27-2009, 06:41 AM
glad to know I am not the only one lacking in sleep for NOTHING.

ryels
10-27-2009, 06:42 AM
Wow, we really are Disney fans. Every single one of us got up an hour early, knowing darn well this was going to happen:rotfl:

I guess we all expected a little Disney magic this morning. :tink:

I'm a firm believer in Disney magic, but it won't ever apply to their website. They try awfully hard to make that website look nice, but they sacrifice function in the process. It has been that way for years...:beat:

On the bright side, we're still going to Disney World next year!

thumperbug
10-27-2009, 06:47 AM
I expected the worst and hoped for the best. I knew it was bad with the high volume messg but then the messg that system is down for maintenance tells me things are worse then we thought. It probably would have been a good idea to wean back the 180 maybe expanding the booking window say, month by month until it was all open...aka all of jan, then feb etc.

I did get as far as finding 1 reservations and while waiting for "next " it crashes. I should have gotton up a few minutes earlier because this was before 6 am when this sort of worked.

I hope when I get thru to Disney dining I don't wait forever to be told their system is down. I might cry. There is only 2 ressies I MUST have and everything else for my Feb trip is flexible. I will be there presidents week so I need ADR's..it tends to be slightly more busy that week.

Good luck everyone

Brooklynos
10-27-2009, 06:52 AM
One thing I love about Intercot is that even when we all may be a little irritated, we still share our love for Disney. At least by calling I will know for sure that my Like most people there is only 2-3 that I have to have.

Plus I get to listen to my favorite hold music in the world in about 8 minutes!!!!

Always Goofy
10-27-2009, 06:54 AM
Plus I get to listen to my favorite hold music in the world in about 8 minutes!!!!

Now that is the attitude to have for today!!!:mickey:

thumperbug
10-27-2009, 06:59 AM
zippity do da

Brooklynos
10-27-2009, 07:01 AM
Anyone else having problems calling now???? I keep getting "Your call did not go through"....

thumperbug
10-27-2009, 07:01 AM
been speed dialing now call won't go thru due to busy circuts. NOW I'm getting irked

Bohms4
10-27-2009, 07:03 AM
SAME problem. I feel like I'm trying to get concert tickets through Ticketmaster. :mad:

Always Goofy
10-27-2009, 07:05 AM
At first I could not connect, but it finally did, then it went to the information instead of dining. Now I am holding and listening to main street music.

What was funny is that before the music it was promoting booking dining online!!!

All I could do was laugh at that!

Brooklynos
Anyone having any luck?

thumperbug
This is really frustrating. Circuts are busy, call did not go thru, busy signal....right now I'd be happy with being on hold for dining. Anyone else get through? even to the hold status?

Disneyfirsttimer
SAME problem. I feel like I'm trying to get concert tickets through Ticketmaster. :mad:

Exactly! Just like I sat on Ticketmaster yesterday for the Bon Jovi presale with Amex. Took 30 minutes of waiting to get horrible seats. I hate that.

Bohms4
10-27-2009, 07:17 AM
Still can't get through on the phone. Did everyone else get through?

Brooklynos
10-27-2009, 07:19 AM
Nope, been calling for 19 min now and keep getting errors when calling. It's one thing for the website to crash but shouldn't the first round of people be hanging up by now? I'll keep trying till I get it though.... Has anyone got on hold or to a person yet?

thumperbug
10-27-2009, 07:21 AM
NO! I am sooooo bent right now. I can only "spend" another 40 minutes or so on this before I have to make the 15 min dash to make kids lunch, get myself ready for work and get out the door. NOT a happy camper at all and I plan to let someone in Mickey's office know...if I can ever get through.

BethieTink
10-27-2009, 07:22 AM

I actually just posted on my facebook status that I finally found something more frustrating than Ticketmaster...Disney Online Dining.

Now the phone too...:mad:

thumperbug
10-27-2009, 07:24 AM
Hakuna Matata is quickly losing its mojo

thumperbug
10-27-2009, 07:25 AM
The sad thing is, for the amount of time I've spent this morning trying to get ADR's I could have almost been to WDW by plane. lol

readytogo2
10-27-2009, 07:26 AM
Anyone else getting that all circuits are busy??

thumperbug
10-27-2009, 07:34 AM
Oh yea. I've gotton everything from "circuts are busy" to "Your call cannot be completed" to "busy signal"

BethieTink
10-27-2009, 07:37 AM
If we weren't taking our best friends (who have never been) and their 2 little princesses (4 & 6), I wouldn't even be stressing right now. I would still need ressies for the 40th birthday trip, but not CRT, BBB, and the Norway lunch.

Going on a DCL cruise is so much easier...only one restaurant to worry about getting into...the sublime Palo....:cloud9:

Bohms4
10-27-2009, 07:39 AM
Still no luck here with the phone....fast busy or your call did not go through. I really don't know why they didn't release month by month as someone else already mentioned when they decided to go back to 180 days. This is ridiculous.:down:

Disneyfirsttimer
10-27-2009, 07:41 AM
Anyone on hold yet?????

Gregandmel
10-27-2009, 07:46 AM
You know what's funny? I called the reservation phone line about a month or so ago just to make sure I knew what I was doing before today regarding booking on-line. I spoke with a really nice lady and I referenced the Oct. 27th date and asked her if they were gearing up for it. She said "No - not really". Her comment was that they weren't expecting any onslaught because most people wouldn't know about the new 180 rule date. :rotfl:

thumperbug
10-27-2009, 07:47 AM
nope. I just sent a scathing email to the powers that be about this whole mess. I also told them I don't want a standard letter of apology. I told them I want them to DO something.

Disney is not cheap and we all watch every penny we spend and to spend so much at Disney, we all deserve the best service. Today is clearly not an example of it.

Again, we all understand there can be difficulties in rolling out something new but something is clearly not working when no one can even get through on a phone and the online system doesn't work either. If one of the 2 were working, it would make things a little better but both....not acceptable.

I'm usually a go with the flow kind of person who doesn't obsess or stress about little things but my vacation is as important to us as xmas and right now I feel like Santa skipped our house.

At least I know I am not alone in my aggrevation.

in a few minutes I have to "give up" until I get home from work at 3:30. My job does not allow any personal calls and I can't use my cell.

thumperbug
10-27-2009, 07:49 AM
just tried to call 2 other WDW numbers to get a human on the phone to tell me whats going on, those won't go thru either. I guess a lot of folks are not happy

Brooklynos
10-27-2009, 07:50 AM
How do you contact Disney regarding these concerns? I have stopped trying for a few minutes and will try back after 7am.

Disneyfirsttimer
10-27-2009, 07:52 AM
You know what's funny? I called the reservation phone line about a month or so ago just to make sure I knew what I was doing before today regarding booking on-line. I spoke with a really nice lady and I referenced the Oct. 27th date and asked her if they were gearing up for it. She said "No - not really". Her comment was that they weren't expecting any onslaught because most people wouldn't know about the new 180 rule date. :rotfl:

Are they crazy??? Of course people know about it. Look how many people are on Intercot alone. They should have been better prepared :mad:.

Our trip is the week before Easter and I am really stressing as this is a very busy time. MJ said not to really worry as not one resort is full for my dates, but that still can be a lot of people. We are also going with my sister and her family for their first trip and there are certain reservations I REALLY REALLY want. This stinks!

Karyn

thumperbug
10-27-2009, 07:54 AM
on the regular disney web site there is a link for "contact us".

Gregandmel
10-27-2009, 08:06 AM
Ok - I"m done for the morning. I"ve spent 2 hours and 10 minutes on the computer and I'm done for now. One less person trying to get through. :mickey:

thumperbug
10-27-2009, 08:21 AM
I know someone who got through and her wait time is an hour and 40 minutes to get a human on the phone. OK, I really want to dine at Le Cellier, but I'm not staying on hold (if I even get through) for an amount of time longer then it will take me to eat the meal.

I gotta go to work to earn that $$ for my trip.

Good luck everyone.

forever a child
10-27-2009, 08:25 AM
This has been a nightmare and a joke! Nothing available on internet site and phone line busy. I got through at one point on phone and when I told my daughter I was connected my voice activated an incorrect prompt and they ended my CALL!!!

thumperbug
10-27-2009, 08:30 AM
Oh No!!!

Always Goofy
10-27-2009, 08:34 AM
Surprisingly enough I got through and I was on the phone for about 5 minutes and got a wonder CSR. The whole phone conversation was 80 minutes. I never talk that long!!! The good part is that I got what I wanted.:clappy:

Just be prepared, their system is going down at times too so try to make only 2 reservations at a time if it does go down when you get through.

I think she said they were double staffed today, but she had a wonderful attitude.

Good luck to everyone

Bohms4
10-27-2009, 08:35 AM
2 1/2 hours of my life I'll never get back. Thanks Disney.

BethieTink
10-27-2009, 08:40 AM
I give up, for now. I read on another board that some restaurants (CRT :thedolls:) aren't even loaded yet. Come on Disney, you knew you were doing this months ago!!! Is anyone else really ticked, right now??

This was not a very magical day so far.

2 princes and a princess
10-27-2009, 08:48 AM
DITTO!! I've been trying since 5:59 a.m.!

gerald72
10-27-2009, 09:07 AM
Today's the busy day.

MushuGrl
10-27-2009, 09:14 AM
The MOST awesome lady that helped me with my ADRs yesterday said today was going to be a madhouse with busy phone lines and super slow website due to the 180 day ADRs beginning.

TheDuckRocks
10-27-2009, 09:43 AM
Well, I tried to open another window to Disney and now nothing comes up for a LONG time! It is still opening and giving the same message...

Make Your Reservation
Sorry, the booking system is currently unavailable. Please try again later or call (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463. If you are under 18 years of age, you must have your parent or guardian's permission to dial this number.

Just say to your self...All it takes is faith and trust....and a WHOLE LOT of pixie dust!

It is now saying:

Make Your Reservation.We are currently rolling out a *NEW* online dining application to make your reservation process even easier. Please come back and try our new system when it is available. To make a dining reservation at this time, please call (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.

Gregandmel
10-27-2009, 10:08 AM
I got excited cuz' I logged on when I got to work and was able to select my ADR and time, then whammo.....nothing. Now it's back to saying it's down for maintenance and I've been speed dialing the ADR line and all I get is a fast busy signal. Sigh.......

wildernesslady
10-27-2009, 10:10 AM
Good luck everyone. I know how frustrating it can be. If you are unable to get through, maybe everyone else is also and your choices will still be there. This system definitely needs improvement.

Bohms4
10-27-2009, 10:26 AM
I think I got one ADR at Le Cellier before the system went down again about 40 mins ago. Phones are still busy.

BethieTink
10-27-2009, 10:29 AM
Was just told by DVC Member Services that everything is down and on hold for about 2 hours.

What a disaster. Oh well, have to go do the real stuff I need to do for the day.

Good luck to everyone.

forever a child
10-27-2009, 10:53 AM
This was horrible! Finally got through on phone. I have been trying since 7am. I had gotten connected early (after only 20 minutes of trying) and got disconnected because I told my daughter I was being connected....the phone asking for a voice response took it as I was done and disconnected me!!!!:mad:

Drove my daughter to school and came back home to start all over again!:bang:

I finally got on the phone lines at 9:40 and had a 12 minute wait. It only took 20 minutes to complete.
I took care of our Fantasmic Dinner Ressies at Hollywood & Vine first.
Got Boma for my Daughter
Crystal Palace opens during our stay so I go that as well as Garden Grill and Tony's.
We dont do anything to fancy or hard to get into so that makes it somewhat easy but we got decent times of 4 to 5pm ressies. We like to eat earlier instead of later.

I asked about the online system and all she could say it that they are working on it. ;) She was nice and I didnt get upset with her since I realize it is not her fault. When she asked me how my day was going I had to start laughing :haha:and say, "Well, I have been waiting a long time to get through to you" and she laughed and said she appreciated my patience.
Well, it wasnt like I had a lot of choice!:magic:

BigWes6
10-27-2009, 11:37 AM
Why again do we do this to ourselves !!! Oh thats right we LOVE Disney !!! Keep on trying .........

Kaszia
10-27-2009, 11:52 AM
:pixie::pixie::pixie:
To everyone trying to get through good luck! After a lot of patience and persistence I was able to connect wit the world's best CM, Scarlett, who did give a darn and was able to hook me up with all my ADR's for April 12-21,

BelleandtheBeast
10-27-2009, 11:57 AM
This is my first trip to Disney in a long time and the very first time I have ever done the dining. I am getting frustrated and nervous that I won't get the rezzies I want. I am not going during a busy time, maybe I will have better luck tomorrow, I just hope it won't be too late.

Bohms4
10-27-2009, 12:02 PM
:fit:
:pixie::pixie::pixie:
To everyone trying to get through good luck! After a lot of patience and persistence I was able to connect wit the world's best CM, Scarlett, who did give a darn and was able to hook me up with all my ADR's for April 12-21,

We're going the same time as you! 4/12-4/19. Did you take all of my ADRs??!!

:fit:

Genie1953
10-27-2009, 12:12 PM
Have a question for all you experts out there. I am trying to get my ADR's made and understand that the system is currently down. I did book my vacation package through Magical Journeys. Last night I decided to try out the online ADR system and it appears that I need to add my room reservation to my profile before I make the dining reservations online. Is this correct? I tried last night to add the room reservation and got nowhere mainly because I was doing it in the wrong place. I finally found the right place and I have been trying all morning to add my room reservations and have still gotten absolutely no where. It is telling me that it cannot do it at this time and to try back later. Can I go ahead and make the online ADR's and then later attach them to my reservation number some way....or is my only option going to be to call in and make the ADR's and give them my room reservation number that time?

:confused:

lockedoutlogic
10-27-2009, 12:31 PM
What is with the concern?

since 3 months isn't enough...they had to go back to six months for booking a burger for lunch....

so isn't it logical to believe that the whole system would be bogged down/ non-functional today? If you answered "no"...then you are way overestimating the disney phone/ computer system

There is a 100 day (90+10) rush on the dining system today....the normal window that opens every morning is a maximum 10 days of bookings....but usually it's more like 1 day...

the bad news? it's gonna take a while to get through...you're gonna have to be patient.

The good news: more than likely the requests being fielded are spread out from Jan 25 through the end of april....with i'm sure a vast amount of the early requests going to the easter weeks....so if you're not traveling at those redonkulous peak crowd times....you'll be fine

patience patience patience...not "pixie dust"

Chrisx2
10-27-2009, 01:20 PM
Well, it started at 530 this morning (Central Time) and I finally know where I am going to eat in March. :crazy: I never got through to Disney Dining but at 1015 (Central Time) I was able to get to DVC Member Services. I was on hold for about 20 minutes and it took the CM about that long to get them into the system. Now, I think I need a nap. But I got everything we wanted for Mar 13-21! :mickey::thumbsup:

Bohms4
10-27-2009, 01:33 PM
Ok, finally got through on the phone after almost 7 hours. It took about 40 minutes on the phone b/c her system kept freezing up.
I thought I would feel relieved but I don't...:confused:

Brooklynos
10-27-2009, 01:43 PM
So, I have gotten through twice now but the first time the lady kept putting me on hold and checking the system, and the second time the CM said they were having a global issue and to call back later but that online and phone systems would come back up at the same time. I am going on 8 hours now and losing some pixie dust!!!! Bohms - glad that you got your adrs, I know you were posting this morning... :mickey:

Bohms4
10-27-2009, 02:01 PM
So, I have gotten through twice now but the first time the lady kept putting me on hold and checking the system, and the second time the CM said they were having a global issue and to call back later but that online and phone systems would come back up at the same time. I am going on 8 hours now and losing some pixie dust!!!! Bohms - glad that you got your adrs, I know you were posting this morning... :mickey:

Thanks...I'm sorry that you still don't have yours. My CM put me on hold a few times too, she said she was checking the system and at one point she lost the first 3 ADRs that we did so once she logged out and got back in, she got them back. It was a long process. Good luck to you.

BigThunderFan
10-27-2009, 02:15 PM
Good luck everyone, I know this is frustrating and very hard on the nerves!

Please just remember when you do get through to someone do NOT take out any anger/frustrations on the cast member, it's not their fault! They will do everything they can to help you get every ADR you want!:)

Bohms4
10-27-2009, 02:27 PM
Good luck everyone, I know this is frustrating and very hard on the nerves!

Please just remember when you do get through to someone do NOT take out any anger/frustrations on the cast member, it's not their fault! They will do everything they can to help you get every ADR you want!:)

I agree - when I finally got through after 7 hours, the CM was so nice and I acted as if I just picked the phone up right then to call her. I didn't even bother letting her know how frustrated I was b/c it's not her fault and she has nothing to do with Disney's poor decisions.

Ksmith75
10-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Well I called on my lunch break and got my ressies.
Yes, do not take your anger out on the reservationists - not thier fault.

I had a wonderful reservationist - and I was extra nice...it took a while and she kept thanking me for being so patient and nice....sounded like she might have had one heck of a day! I would go through that any day to get my ressies...I love WDW!

Tink1
10-27-2009, 03:58 PM
Have a question for all you experts out there. I am trying to get my ADR's made and understand that the system is currently down. I did book my vacation package through Magical Journeys. Last night I decided to try out the online ADR system and it appears that I need to add my room reservation to my profile before I make the dining reservations online. Is this correct? I tried last night to add the room reservation and got nowhere mainly because I was doing it in the wrong place. I finally found the right place and I have been trying all morning to add my room reservations and have still gotten absolutely no where. It is telling me that it cannot do it at this time and to try back later. Can I go ahead and make the online ADR's and then later attach them to my reservation number some way....or is my only option going to be to call in and make the ADR's and give them my room reservation number that time?

:confused:

When the system is working, it will recognize your reservation number. (working is the operative word).

Nanc

disney100%
10-27-2009, 04:47 PM
For anyone still trying, I just called and got right through. We have tried all day with no luck until now. Even better, I got all my first choices of restaurants, times and days! Can't wait!

Brooklynos
10-27-2009, 07:04 PM
I finally got through this afternoon to a great CM named Kaley. It took her almost an hour but we got everything we wanted except Cinderella's Castle (they hadn't loaded our dates yet for that one). She made sure that they were correct and made some good suggestions while we were waiting on the system. She suggested Chef Mickeys and Akershus for a couple of my mornings so we're giving them a shot. It was definetely worth it Kaley gave me some pixie dust back. Thanks Kaley!!!:mickey:

mickeyluv
10-27-2009, 09:46 PM
What dates were you trying to book at Cinderella's Castle?

mustBgoofy
10-28-2009, 06:41 AM
If I call on the phone, will they e-mail me my confirmation numbers as well? I am going to try to call while driving!

Brooklynos
10-28-2009, 08:59 PM
I was looking for March 15th dinner and March 18th lunch. I was able to call in today and get both!!!! I have to say that the CM's I got were wonderful. I don't think they can email you the confirmation numbers but you can get a print out when you check in.

thumperbug
10-29-2009, 07:58 AM
I was one of the earlier posters who was up before the birds and had issues. Right before I was walking out the door at 8:40 am...the online system was up (for a short time) I did my adrs in record time...they went thru and I have it all in writing.

The only response I got back from Disney in regards to me complaint to them so far is the standard "thank you for contacting Disney. A Cast Member will get back to you".

Lets see how long it takes for them to respond. I told them I didn't want a generic apology or form letter. I want someone to do something...like compose the email themselves.

lockedoutlogic
10-29-2009, 08:38 AM
I was one of the earlier posters who was up before the birds and had issues. Right before I was walking out the door at 8:40 am...the online system was up (for a short time) I did my adrs in record time...they went thru and I have it all in writing.

The only response I got back from Disney in regards to me complaint to them so far is the standard "thank you for contacting Disney. A Cast Member will get back to you".

Lets see how long it takes for them to respond. I told them I didn't want a generic apology or form letter. I want someone to do something...like compose the email themselves.

Both the online system and phone system were available yesterday...as we used both to book our reservations...

I fail to see what a complaint is going to do for you in this case - the system was under extreme stress for one day....that's it...just one. Personally, the issues are pretty much expected when you take the amount of volume on the first day into consideration...

No offense, but what will complaints about 10/27/09 really accomplish?