PDA

View Full Version : Blue Bayou or Steak 55?

N.W.Girl
10-26-2009, 07:30 PM
I want to make reservations for my nephew and wife at a nice restaurant for their Honeymoon. :bride::groom: ( Nov 7th-14th)
I made one for The Blue Bayou but there is no garantee they'll get a table by the water.
I read the post on Steak 55, that got my attention. They have an annual pass.
Any ideas? :eat:

NotaGeek
10-27-2009, 12:09 AM
Its an age old question ... in the park, no guarantee of a table and sometimes mediocre food ... but you are inside Pirates ... or a phenomenal meal in a beautiful restaurant at the DLH at just about the same cost ... but no Pirates.

I love Steakhouse 55 -- and they won't be rushed. The menu is a typical steakhouse with sides/salads etc. ordered ala carte and are big enough to share. There is normally a 3 course prix fixe menu available as well. (alcohol is also available at Steakhouse 55 if that adds any to the pro/con).

Either way, its really what they will enjoy that matters.

Magic Smiles
10-27-2009, 06:54 AM
I have never eaten at Steak 55, but if it was my honeymoon I would want to enjoy a glass of wine with my meal (unless they don't drink alcohol) and wine is NOT an option at the Blue Bayou. Food at the Blue Bayou was good but we did not find anything particular special about the place. To me it was just another dimly lit restaurant - No we did not get a table by the water. Of course it was noisy, (lots of kids) being in August and in the park.

Joannelet
10-27-2009, 08:42 AM
have they been to both?
I loved blue bayou when I went but that is because I had never been there before. My hubby and I are also huge pirate fans so being by the ride was pretty cool to us since we usually are in WDW and we do not have this there.
I'd say if it was my honeymoon though I would want a glass of wine or some kind of nice alcoholic drink to celebrate the occasion so maybe I'd go for the Steakhouse. It sounds as if its a more relaxed setting...more honeymoonish to me.

BrerGnat
10-27-2009, 12:04 PM
Definitely Steakhouse 55! It's more "adult" and upscale feeling. Plus, the alcoholic beverages sort of complete the meal, in a steakhouse anyway.

Blue Bayou has gone down in quality over the past year or so. Food is prepared in off site kitchens (across the park) and walked over and reheated. Quality has suffered. :(

Actually, if "Cajun/Creole" food is something that they want, I'd HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen. It's about 10 times better than Blue Bayou, for about the same cost. Really nice atmosphere too, in the upstairs formal dining room. :thumbsup:

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
10-27-2009, 03:52 PM
Personally, my preference is Granvilles. Much better quality of food and service. Have never been disappointed with the service in the numerous times I have eaten there.

NotaGeek
10-27-2009, 04:20 PM
note to the OP:

Granville's = Steakhouse 55 (they changed the name a couple of years ago.)

N.W.Girl
10-29-2009, 01:06 AM
Well that settles that!
Blue Bayou it it.

:haha:

just kidding.
Steakhouse 55. :wine::tasty:

Thanks everyone for the input. :thumbsup:

MegaDisney
10-29-2009, 05:54 PM
A little late but here is another vote for 55.

You made the right choice!