PDA

View Full Version : From One Park to Another - Amount of Time

*Pepper*
10-26-2009, 05:23 PM
So this is the plan. We'll be seeing the Cirque du Soleil show at 6pm at Downtown Disney. That runs about 1 1/2 hours (until 7:30). How do-able is it to leave that show - high tail it over to the Contemporary for just a few minutes (to get to the room for a quick change) and THEN over to Epcot in time for Illuminations at 9pm?

I'm thinking it would be pretty close - but we might be able to pull it off. Thoughts?

BigThunderFan
10-26-2009, 06:18 PM
It will be close! Good luck :thumbsup:

faline
10-26-2009, 06:46 PM
Transportation from Downtown Disney to the resorts is hit or miss. You could get on a bus right away or you could wait a good 30 minutes or so or something in between. Why do you need to change?

If I really wanted to get to Epcot for Illuminations, I'd probably take a cab from Downtown Disney to Epcot.

Seasonscraps
10-26-2009, 07:10 PM
Transportation from Downtown Disney to the resorts is hit or miss. You could get on a bus right away or you could wait a good 30 minutes or so or something in between. Why do you need to change?

If I really wanted to get to Epcot for Illuminations, I'd probably take a cab from Downtown Disney to Epcot.

I would do this or take the bus to the Beach Club and enter Epcot through the international gateway.

*Pepper*
10-26-2009, 07:16 PM
Hadn't thought about the Beach Club and the back entrance for a direct trip. Nice! (Reason to get back to Contemporary though - we'll be in shorts etc for most of the day...arriving that day...and not sure how cool it is at night...but if after getting out from Cirque it's nice enough..then Beach Club it is). THANKS all!

Polynesian Dweller
10-26-2009, 09:28 PM
If you return to the Contemporary, then the monorail to TTC and switch to the monorail to Epcot is the way to do it. Much faster than the bus.

Your biggest time problem is getting back to the Contemporary. First is the walk to bus, then a possible wait. The travel to the Contemporary will be about 15 minutes then the monorails will take 2 minutes from the Contemporary (plus about 5 min wait time) and then about 6 minutes to Epcot (plus as much as 10 minutes wait time). Add in the time to get to your room and back.

Very tight and you will be standing well back from the railings for Illuminations. Going directly from Cirque will get you in earlier with likely a better view.

seanyred
10-26-2009, 10:54 PM
Are you going to be at EPCOT earlier that same day? You could rent a locker there and keep extra clothes at EPCOT so then you would have no need to go back to the Contemporary.