PDA

View Full Version : Viewing Wishes from the Poly

GreenBeetle
10-26-2009, 05:02 PM
For anyone who has done this, how is the view from the Polynesian (beach or boat dock) for viewing Wishes? We have seen Wishes several times now, so I'm sure we would love it. My question is mainly for the family members ("first-timers") we are bringing along in January.

Is is OK for them? Or should they experience it inside MK their first time?

CleveRocks
10-26-2009, 06:17 PM
For their first time, they should definitely be inside Magic Kingdom. Seeing it from the Poly beach is cool if you've already experienced the real thing.

faline
10-26-2009, 06:49 PM
I really enjoy seeing Wishes from the Poly. Whether they see it first from the Poly or from Main Street, Main Street is always the preferred view but I would not rule out seing them first from the Poly!

Polynesian Dweller
10-26-2009, 07:07 PM
The view is quite good and they are now piping in the sound further down the beach to the east end of the Hawaii building. So you now don't have to be near the pool or dock. It's a bit darker there so slightly better view.

CanadianWDWFan
10-26-2009, 09:35 PM
We did it from the pool and enjoyed it. Mind you though we have seen it from MK many times before and while it was enjoyable from the Poly pool, it just wasn't the same as being in the park.

BugeyedMuggy
10-27-2009, 09:42 AM
We saw Hallowishes from sunset point at the Poly. We had some beach towels & a tropical drink. All was great til the pammetto bugs (spell, we call them cockroaches) invaded our personal space.:bug::bug:

BigThunderFan
10-27-2009, 10:20 AM
I would think it would be weird watching the fireworks without the musical score that goes so well with it. Of course it would still be neat as you are seeing them over the MK, but I guess it would be different.

Polynesian Dweller
10-27-2009, 03:15 PM
I would think it would be weird watching the fireworks without the musical score that goes so well with it. Of course it would still be neat as you are seeing them over the MK, but I guess it would be different.

See my previous post. The sound is piped into the Poly beach and now to most if the main beach.

big blue and hairy
10-27-2009, 04:05 PM
See my previous post. The sound is piped into the Poly beach and now to most if the main beach.

Yup, obviously it's not as loud but it's there and it is a very nice way to watch Wishes. It's very relaxed and not crowded.

:sulley: