PDA

View Full Version : One Day, One Park

barbiegirl314
10-26-2009, 12:27 PM
Okay here's the deal. You have one day at WDW and you can only spend that day at one park. Which park would you choose and why? Also what attracttions would you be sure to hit (lines are not an issue) and where would you be stopping to eat (QS and table service, ADR's not an issue)

My choice of park would be Epcot. I would choose this park because future world has all the magic of Disney and World Showcase is like another park of it's own.

The attractions I would make sure to hit would be: Spaceship Earth, Test Track, Nemo, Soarin', and Journey into Imagination. We would stop off at each pavilion in world showcase to soak up the atmosphere of each country, and would hit Mouse Gears for shopping!We'd be stopping along the way at all the character spots for photos and autographs w/all our favorite characters.

The meals/food I would be enjoying are: Le Cellier for an early lunch, pastries in France, school bread in Norway, nachos and:marg: in Mexico and dinner at Italy. Of course throughout the day there woul be some :bar:

The day would be topped of with a viewing of Illuminations.

What would your :mickey: day be?

bruin1344
10-26-2009, 01:07 PM
MK for me because of all the great attractions to see

Attractions: Thunder, Space, Splash, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Country Bears, Hall of Presidents, Jungle Cruise, Phillar Magic, and Tommorowland Transit Authority off the top of my head

Lunch at Pecos Bill and Dinner at Cinderella Royal Table

Close out with Wishes fire works

BigThunderFan
10-26-2009, 05:00 PM
Obviously MK for sentimental value. We always start and end our trip here.

Rides would be (I may as well say all of them...) Big Thunder, Space Mtn, POTC, HM, Splash, Peter Pan, Jungle Cruise, Astro Orbiter, Pooh, 20K Leagues (I know I'm reaching here), Mr Toad, and Skyway for nostalgic reasons.

We would eat at CP for breakfast, LTT for lunch and CRT for dinner. Follow that up with Spectromagic at 8, Wishes at 9, and then to top off the day a resurrected Main Street Electrical Parade!

OK so I embellished the theme a little...:blush:

disneykid@hrt
10-26-2009, 05:41 PM
Used to be MK all the way.

Now that I'm all growed up- Epcot!

Spaceship Earth, The Seas, Soarin', Imagination, Test Track, Maelstrom, nachos in Mexico, Beer over in the UK, Illuminations, Monorail... ahhhhhhh.:cloud9:

KatrinaJ91
10-26-2009, 08:52 PM
I agree! I feel kinda guilty not saying MK though....kinda like I am betraying Mickey or something!!! :blush: But I absolutely love Epcot now. My best day there would be wandering through all the countries and sampling a bit of this :marg: and that :wine:
:cowgirl::sombrero::artist::drill:
Then off to Future World for some Soarin', Test Track, The Land, shopping and so much more!

hmmm....maybe I should do Future World first so this and that don't make me :ack:

Used to be MK all the way.

Now that I'm all growed up- Epcot!

elmjimmlm
10-26-2009, 09:09 PM
I will also say MK...
I will start off with Philharmagic...:smickey:Since there are no lines then I will sit through it at least a dozen times...Next will be all the rides in Fantasyland...I will do the same here and grab me a cream cheese stuffed pretzel on my way to Adventureland because I don't have time to stop and eat because you know...NO LINES!!!
Next I will make my way over to Frontierland and ride, ride, ride...After I am finished with the rides then I will make my way back to Tonys and have a little shrimp scampi...:eat:
I am off to Tomorrowland and I know I will have to sit through Stitch a few times(my kids love it)...I will get me a little break when they are on Space Mountain because I don't ride...:ack:
To top it off we will have a dessert party and watch the fireworks before we head back to our resort...
Can I do another park tomorrow...:blush:

SandmanGStefani24
10-26-2009, 10:20 PM
if i only had one day (perish the thought!) i would always side with my fave...

Epcot! :number1:

It has always been my favorite park, and even though MK is where it all started, I go with Epcot every time. Between the rides, and the World Showcase (and the food!) there's no question.

ransam
10-26-2009, 11:03 PM
that is so tough.....
but just cause it's so magical, i'd have to say MK...I love all the parks, and mayb more than, MK, but...it's MK..come on!!!
and i'd hit all the old favs...Small world, peter pan, space mountain, HM, Pirates, splash mountain...
I'd have a counter service at the Harbour House, and dinner at Tony's

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-27-2009, 09:33 AM
If I'm going for attractions it would be Magic Kingdom....my favs are Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Carribean and my son loves Space Mountain, Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain....can't miss peter pan, winnie the pooh, Buzz, COP and Mickey's Philharmonic either....I like CS in MK like Pecos Bills and Cosmic Rays but I think their table service is lacking...we'd finish up with Spectro Magic and Wishes

If I'm going to enjoy eating my favorite park would be Epcot....LeCellier, Chefs De France, Biergarten we love CS Fish and Chips and Cantina San Angel...

BigThunderFan
10-27-2009, 10:24 AM
...I will do the same here and grab me a cream cheese stuffed pretzel on my way to Adventureland because I don't have time to stop and eat because you know...NO LINES!!!

MMMMMM!!! Cream cheese stuffed pretzels... :thumbsup:

lightyearfan
10-27-2009, 10:37 AM
well this is a tough one, it's between Epcot and MK. both offer great attractions, and great food. at MK you are gaurenteed at least 2 parades , while at Epcot there aren't any. this would be the 1 thing that makes it hard because me and dw love the parades. and Epcot does offer some great rides as well, and though both parks offer great food choices Epcot takes the nod there, so what to do , what to do, becaue me and dw love the food choices, so we would probably, flip a coin and go from there, any choice would be great.

Victor

barbiegirl314
10-27-2009, 11:17 AM
MMMMMM!!! Cream cheese stuffed pretzels... :thumbsup:

Those sound heavenly :cloud9: where can you get them?

elmjimmlm
10-27-2009, 11:33 AM
Those sound heavenly :cloud9: where can you get them?

Scuttles Landing behind Dumbo...sooooooo gooooood!!!

Joannelet
10-27-2009, 01:32 PM
I had this decision in July when I was there for a WDW wedding that I was in. I only had one free day to do one park.
Being that we had my DS who was 7 months old at the time (his 1st time!) I could NOT be in Disney without taking him to MK so MK is what I picked. :)
We ate at Columbia Harbour House for lunch (my fav). We ate in DD. but if ADR's werent an issue like you said in the OP then I would have to say dinner in Cinderella's castle of course!

Rides that are a must!: pirates, small world, carousel of progress, peter pan, thunder mt., splash mt., (space mt-although it was closed when we were there for refurb), and jungle cruise :)

If I didn't have a DS that was under 1yo I would have to say Epcot. :)

Laughin' place
10-28-2009, 10:36 PM
I refuse to grow up, and so MK will always be my first choice. I love all the parks, but if you say "WDW" to me, my first thought is of MK.
In keeping with some free-spirited prior posters, I may embellish just a bit...
We would have the earliest b-fast at Chef Mickey's, and have waffles and lots of character fun. It would be my B-day, so Id get lots of extra attention and character photos.
We monorail over and take our traditional train ride all the way around the park. We'd use EMH and the lack of lines to do SM next (where all the old songs, pre and post show, etc would still be in place) (another family tradition). We'd cut over to Fantasyland, with special emphasis on Philharmagic and my favorite, Peter Pan. On each ride of PPF, my sons (16 and 12) would magically be 5 again and would snuggle in close with eyes filled with wonder at the streets of London bleow. We'd go back to Tomorrowland (my childhood favorite) and enjoy CoP and TTA (also big family favorites). TTA would have the great new lights, but the old audio (Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders...)We'd ride Buzz several times, and even do Stitch. Lunch would be at Cosmic Rays, and we would watch Sonny's whole show (I love that guy). Dessert would be at Columbia Harbour House, and my Mom, Dad and sis would surprise me by meeting me there to have a piece of Boston Creme pie with a candle in it for my bday (a favorite childhood memory). There would be no nasty, pre-wrapped triple chocolate cake. Adventureland and Frontierland in the afternoon, with lots of Splash Mt. Somehow, DL's old Summer Vacation Country Bears show would be playing, and we would laugh and stomp and clap right along. The "new" haunted Mansion would be ridden again and again. The old Tiki show would be back, and the shops would be as unique and diverse as they once were. Dinner would be in the Castle, and Id get a bday kiss (on the cheek of course) from a real Disney Princess. After the Main St Electrical parade, we would see Wishes. Each of my sons would see their favorite character at the plaza near the exit (Robin Hood, Baloo, Jack the Pumpkin King, and Simba -- and believe it or not, these are huge teenagers). We'd monorail to the Poly to watch the water pageant and enjoy a Lapu Lapu (or two). After a romantic walk around the grounds of the Poly, its back to Ft W. I would end my best b-day ever snuggled in the murphy bed of the cabins (my wife and I love those silly things), falling asleep to Stacy and lots of Zippity Do Dah tips for the day.
Huge sigh...........

disneyworld55925592
10-29-2009, 10:49 AM
Epcot for me! We always stay at the Swan and eat around the world multiple times. It wouldn't be a disney vacation without a crepe from france, and a pretzel from Germany. I would be sure to ride Soarin' Nemo and Test Track, I would also eat in the Land building for lunch!

LudwigVonDrake
10-31-2009, 11:13 PM
Magic Kingdom: it's the heart and soul of WDW :tink:

Mitzie
11-02-2009, 08:55 AM
Ohhh right there with ya Barbiegirl! My parents took me to Epcot the year it opened and it has been my fav. ever since. I just love that place.:cloud9:

WDWgoofy
11-02-2009, 01:02 PM
The best explanation for why we all like WDW so much is shown in hard it is to choose one park and the fact that I would be happy :cloud9: with any choice.

Epcot is my favorite - but for some reason based on the way the question is set-up I would go with the MK.

I would begin with a wonderful stroll down Main St and turn right heading immediately to Space Mtn (of course, its operating), then to Buzz before heading to Fantasyland, then the Haunted Mansion. Next is Frontierland and the great companion rides, Splash Mtn and BTMRR.

I would likely eat at Pecos Bills and Columbia Harbour House.

I have to have a dole whip and something from the Main St bakery.

I hope I get to to this trip again soon.:mickey: