PDA

View Full Version : 1st haircut at MK

Bethis26fan
10-26-2009, 10:23 AM
I had seen something on here a while back about kids getting their first hair cut at MK. Could you tell me a little more about that? We have a baby girl that is going with us she'll be 16months when we go and is getting due for her first hair cut. She has a mullet going on right now. :rocker: I was talking with her mom and we were wondering what all they do and how much it cost and stuff like that. Really all she will need is the typical first hair cut getting the hair out of her eyes and a light trim. Thanks in advance for everything.

sassy2000
10-26-2009, 11:35 AM
My daughter had her 1st haircut at the Magic Kingdom barber shop. It is on Main street next to the fire station. They do not take reservations so we did it 1st thing in the morning and only had to wait about 20 minutes. If you tell them this is her 1st cut they will wrap some of the hair up for you. My daughter also got a 1st haircut minnie ears and I think she got a certificate also. I think it cost around $14.00 which is not bad for WDW prices.

Disney Doll
10-26-2009, 11:42 AM
We did the 1st haircut last year when DS was 12 months. It's actually very affordable. Around $15 I think. You get the haircut, a pair of 1st haircut mouse ears, a 1st haircut certificate commemorating the occasion, and they wrap the clippings up with some pixie dust for you to save. They are great with kids. They covered DS with Mickey stickers which kept him entertained while they did the cutting. I was impressed by how well he did. Here's the certificate and clippings (http://theshultstatefamily.myphotoalbum.com/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album08&id=052_G_002) and the mouse ears (http://theshultstatefamily.myphotoalbum.com/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album08&id=409_G). The ears have "First Haircut" embroidered on the back.

Mom on a Mission
10-27-2009, 02:56 PM
We had Ds's first haircut at MK 10 years ago. As stated above, you get the certificate and "first haircut" ears :mickey: and the cut all for a reasonable price -- I think we only paid $12, but that was 10 years ago. I think this is the best deal in WDW!

Last time we were there (2005?) we went back to the barber because he needed a cut and we thought it would be fun to do. Still a good deal, and DD(then 10) wanted something fun too, so we asked them just to "do" her hair --

WOW!!! every girl should do this!! for the same reasonable price ($15?) they put her hair in a really cute "messy-bun" updo, with a cool zig zag part, painted a "hidden mickey" on the side of her head and covered, and I mean COVERED her hair with pixie dust and mickey head confetti.

She got compliments all day long and people were still stopping me that night at Fantasmic and asking me where we had it done.

Save the $$$, skip the "bippidy boppity" place and do this -- it's a well kept secret!