PDA

View Full Version : Today in Disney History 10/26

vizsla
10-26-2009, 05:03 AM
Oct. 26, 1997 – The Disney Channel aired “The Adventures of Icabod and Mr. Toad,” 4-days after WDW announced it was closing the attraction at the Magic Kingdom.
Oct. 26, 1997 – Disney’s 2-hour made for TV movie “Tower of Terror” aired on The Wonderful World of Disney.
Oct. 26, 1998 - Le Cellier Steakhouse in Canada reopened after the entire restaurant was renovated and the menu was updated once again.
Oct. 26, 2000 – “Disney Villain Diva’s Enchanted Evening” was presented a special nighttime event at Disneyland.
Oct. 26, 2000 – The “Walt Disney World/National Car Rental Golf Classic” began and would run through Oct. 29, 2000.
Oct. 26, 2001 – The Orlando Business Journal announced that WDW guests would start to receive a daily copy of USA Today in their hotel rooms instead of the Orlando Sentinel.
Oct. 26, 2001 – The Disney/Touchstone Picture Film “High Heels and Low Lifes” was released.
Oct. 26, 2001 – It was announced that The Walt Disney Company (which pulled its TV advertising Sept. 11th) has begun an aggressive new marketing and publicity campaign to court vacationers. The company is spending tens of millions of dollars advertising on television.
Oct. 26, 2004 – Walt Disney Records released Christi Carlson Romano: Her Greatest Disney Hits.
Oct. 26, 2007 – Disney Channel debuted “I Almost Drowned in a Chocolate Fountain,” the 3rd episode of “Wizards of Waverly Place.”

Jeff
10-26-2009, 08:49 AM
:thumbsup:

disneyboundagain
10-26-2009, 12:38 PM
Does anybody have any more info on the "Tower of Terror" movie? This is the first I've heard of it. It's DD5's favorite ride, and I know she would LOVE a movie! Did the movie relate to ride at all?

Diznee4Me
10-26-2009, 02:11 PM
From IMDB:

The film starts out when 5 people walk into an elevator, but something goes very wrong. The elevator collapses 11 floors and the five people roam around the hotel as ghosts. 60 years later, reporter Buzzy (Steve Guttenberg) and his niece Anna (Kirsten Dunst) are trying to find out the mystery of the hotel. An old lady named Abigail tells them that if they find a belonging of each person on the elevator they will be free from the hotel. (written by Corey Thompson)

This Disney made-for-TV film has Steve Guttenberg as a tabloid reporter who wants to write legitimately again. He investigates an old woman's story behind the famous disappearance of five including a beloved child actress that occurred at the Hollywood Hotel in the 1930s. Everyone says the Hollywood Hotel is haunted now, and when Guttenberg explores it, he finds out why. (Written by Samuel Stoddard)

I saw this with my daughter a few years ago. OK movie - kept our attention and there were some neat cameos of the tower.

ibrowse17
10-26-2009, 09:11 PM

pdrlkr
10-29-2009, 07:53 PM
Thanks Vince! :thumbsup: :mickey:

BluewaterBrad
10-30-2009, 07:14 PM
Thanks Vince!!:mickey: