PDA

View Full Version : Cinderella dinner-GF?

minnie-mouse
10-24-2009, 09:53 PM
How is this dinner -the food? Do the girls dress up for it? How is the character interaction? My girls are 4 and 6 and are huge Cinderella fans (so is Mom) :)

BigThunderFan
10-24-2009, 11:48 PM
We did this a couple years ago and I have to say, I don't think it is worth two dining credits. You only see Cinderella for a couple seconds in the lobby while you take a picture with her. The main character interactions is with the two mice and Fairy Godmother as they sing Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo. Maybe its worth it once, but more because you get to eat inside the castle, not so much for the character experience. The food is good, but not fabulous as you would expect with a signature dining experience.

I recommend the Princess Storybook meal at Akershus in Norway. Only one dining credit and you get much more interaction with several princesses.

But either way your daughters will love it! :cloud9:

BigThunderFan
10-24-2009, 11:56 PM
Sorry, meant to include this in the first post. I have also heard that the Cinderella's Dinner at 1900 Park Fare is very good and you get really good interaction time with not only Cinderella, but also Prince C, the step sisters and Lady Tremaine.
We are actually going to try this one in January as I have a 3yo who can't wait to see Cinderella.:mickey:

JenniferS.
10-25-2009, 07:15 AM
You are talking about 1900 Park Fare right?? It is wonderful. The food is a buffet. They stop every so often to announce a character coming through the kitchen doors. The way they do it is really nice. They have music and they will announce the step sisters...etc... Cinderella and the Prince do a dance. I've only been once, maybe someone else will be able to tell you more.

BigThunderFan
10-25-2009, 08:05 AM
Yup, totally missed the GF in your subject line there...:confused:

ransam
10-25-2009, 08:31 AM
i have never done the dinner...but i thought the food for breakfast was awesome...

minnie-mouse
10-25-2009, 08:59 AM
Yes, I meant the one at the 199 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. It sounds fun. Do most of the little girls wear their Cinderella dresses?

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-25-2009, 10:12 AM
We went to 1900 Park Fare for the first time last May and loved it, we'll go back for sure!

Many of the girls dress up, but there were also just as many in princess t-shirts, or just regular clothes. Our DD dresses up and loves it.

The character interaction was among the best we've had at Disney. Lady Tremaine actually sat down at the table with our DD and chatted with her!

The food was also good, different choices than the regular Disney buffets, very fresh and more than enough choice for me, and I'm a very picky eater.

dream_disney
10-25-2009, 11:07 AM
We are eating here and looking forward to it on our upcoming trip.... we leave WEDNESDAY!

dephenn
10-25-2009, 11:31 AM
I would recommend this. We did it three times for DD and had a great time. For a buffet the food is decent as well..

Disney4us2
10-25-2009, 11:35 AM
We have been there on both of our visits. Jessica loved it as she adores Cinderella. When we went they did not have the step sisters and Lady Trumaine. They had the mice. When we went she was 5 the first time and her 7th birthday the second.

We saw quite a few girls dressed up. Jessica didn't dress up. The food was good. I would go back if DD wanted to, but she is going to be 10 and not into the princesses as much anymore.

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
10-25-2009, 04:52 PM
We have done this twice and it was wonderful both times! Our sweet niece Emma dressed up last fall for this dinner. It was very good food. The prime rib was delicious and the chefs were so friendly! The character interaction was the best we have ever had at ANY character meal. Emma loved seeing Cinderella and her Prince dance. It was very sweet. He danced w/a little girl as well. You should of seen the smile on her face!! It was worth every cent to see this gals smile! We had family just get back last wk and said it was fantastic, as well!
We are scheduled to eat here again the 1st wk in December. We are looking forward to it!

Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave:

Disney Penny
10-27-2009, 08:34 PM
I would highly recommend both the character dinner and the character breakfast at the Grand Floridian. Great food and great character interaction!:mjump: