PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of my ADR choices?

MirandaC
10-23-2009, 12:35 PM
Our upcoming trip in December is drawing near and I am hoping that are TS dining selections are good ones, so I would appreciate your opinions. Here we go...

We arrive 12/16 in the evening, so we are probably just going to hop over to DTD for dinner, I'm thinking Wolfgang Puck's Express.

12/17 - Sci-Fi for lunch
12/17 - MVMCP - QS before hand

12/18 - Breakfast w/ Donald at Tusker House (never been here)
12/19 - Dinner at O'Hana (never been here)

12/20 - 1900 PF Breakfast (never been here)
12/20 - Dinner @ Mamma Melrose (never been here)

12/21 - Dinner @ TRex (never been here)
12/22 - Breakfast @ Chef Mickey's (never been here)
12/22 - Either Coral Reef or Whispering Canyon (haven't been to either, would like your help choosing)
12/23 - Breakfast at Crystal Palace (our last day tradition)

So, what do you guys think? TIA :thumbsup:

MirandaC
10-23-2009, 12:38 PM
oh, i should mention that i have ADRs for all TS restaurants. I need to cancel one on 12/22, either Coral Reef or Whispering Canyon. I have never been to either, but I am leaning more towards WC. I am sooooo excited!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-23-2009, 12:38 PM
those sound good along with Wolfgang Puck Express:mickey:

BigThunderFan
10-23-2009, 01:05 PM
Those all sound great! I personally would keep the Whispering Canyon. It really depends on what you prefer, we are traveling with young ones so the rowdy WC is a better choice.

Ms. Mode
10-23-2009, 01:13 PM
I love Mama Melrose :thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
10-23-2009, 01:35 PM
Over the last 3 or 4 years, I consider Coral Reef the best dining experience I have had at WDW. The service has been exceptional and the food even better! I highly recommend the grilled mahi-mahi with the pineapple chutney. It may be my favorite meal ever. :mickey:

sassy2000
10-23-2009, 02:13 PM
I would choose WC over Coral Reef. The canyon skillet is delicious!

MirandaC
10-23-2009, 02:23 PM
i have a DD (9 yrs old). i know she would love the aquarium in Coral Reef, but none of the food choices look very appetizing to her. i don't know much about WC, but most of the reviews seem very good!

what can you tell me about WC? can she share some of our food as well as order from the child's menu?

MirandaC
10-23-2009, 02:27 PM
oh, also, we are on the DDP. i am still unsure about all of the little details. how does the plan work w/ places like WC?

hannahandkalebmom
10-23-2009, 03:47 PM
WC is a great time for everyone. Very entertaining and also great food.

darthmacho
10-23-2009, 03:51 PM
It looks great, but if you are happy, what does it matter what I think? ;)

Seriously, it looks like you're in for a great dining experience this vacation. I love to see people trying new things, but I especially like that you have included a "tradition" with your last day CP breakfast. I'm actually hoping to make it our first day breakfast tradition next year, when we repeat what we started in 2003! (I can't wait to go now!)

Personally, I'd choose Whispering Canyon over Coral Reef. It is a blast for adults and kids, but be prepared for some "unusual" dinner activities, such as being forced to get up an do the hokey-pokey. (Trust me, it is less embarrassing to just join in.) :mickey:

phlo8810
10-23-2009, 08:11 PM
Is T-Rex now on the dining plan? You have it as one of your dinners. The others look great, O'hana is my favorite and tusker house breakfast is my favorite breakfast spot. I'm 16 days away now and seriously can't wait anymore

ravsluvdisney
10-24-2009, 04:21 PM
you definitely will enjoy both tusker house and o'hanas as first-timers. I too would say hit up WC with a picky 9-year old and she will have fun with the cast interaction (you may too!).

Gator
10-24-2009, 06:34 PM
I'd pick Coral Reef vs. Whispering Canyon. The food is waaaaay better at the Reef. Their scallops or mahi is a good choice.

Mama's Melrose is one of my favs and I wish I could go there on my next trip. It's only on the dinner menu, but the Pork Marsala I had there ranks as one of the top 3 meals I've had EVER. It's that good.

PoohRules
10-24-2009, 09:00 PM
One question is what park do you plan on being in for the day? If you plan on being in EPCOT for the day and catching Illuminations, you should go with Coral Reef. However, if you are going to be the MK (and maybe a parade or fireworks in MK) you should probably go with WCC. Also, if you are staying at WL, you really should try WCC as part of the experience.

We love both of them, and try to go to both when we are there. Yet then again, we choose which one on which night depending on the park and our plan to maximize our time.

Good luck! You can't go wrong with either.

pdrlkr
10-25-2009, 09:39 AM
They look great! :eat:

chrim
10-25-2009, 05:42 PM
oh, also, we are on the DDP. i am still unsure about all of the little details. how does the plan work w/ places like WC?

Are you on the Deluxe dining plan (which includes 3 meals, either TS or QS each night) or the standard dining plan (which includes only 1 TS meal per night)?

If you have the standards plan, you will need to pay cash for two of the TS meals you have listed.

As for your choices:

Sci-Fi is all about the decor; the food isn't special and the tables (cars) aren't very private. But it can be fun and is unique.

Mama Melrose's is hit or miss. It can be very good or just fair. But, it is a decent choice if you are at the Studios.

I haven't been to T-Rex, but I am not fond of other places run by Landry's. They aren't always terrible, but they usually aren't all that good either.

It looks like you have picked several good/popular buffets, so those are good choices to keep. Since you are going near the holidays, the cash price for those does usually go up, so the dining plan is a smart choice for those.

lighteningqueen
10-25-2009, 08:49 PM
T-Rex is GOOD. Lot of food for the money so you do not feel ripped off.We all 5 had something different and not one of us complained. it is NOT on the DDp.

O'hanas never again

Tusker the best
Crystal good for break
1900 Faire great break

Chef MIckeys not so good bland dinner food

WCC good choice the kids will love it and you will need entertainment for them.It is constant about the room the whole meal.

Sci Fi good for lunch only burgers are the best they have to offer expensive for what they give you. It really should be a counter service but they bring it to you so thats a TS

MirandaC
10-26-2009, 10:01 AM
[QUOTE=chrim;1976686]Are you on the Deluxe dining plan (which includes 3 meals, either TS or QS each night) or the standard dining plan (which includes only 1 TS meal per night)?

If you have the standards plan, you will need to pay cash for two of the TS meals you have listed.

We are on the standard dining plan, and will be paying out of pocket for Sci-Fi and T-Rex. I haven't even begun to think about the CS meals or of all the snacks to choose from!!!:yay::eek:

We chose mostly buffets due to our DD being so picky and the fact that I am sure that all of us will find something that we will enjoy!!:D