PDA

View Full Version : To MVMCP or To NOT?

kwhitt3202
10-23-2009, 09:58 AM
We are going to WDW in Nov-Dec and Are now looking at mabe doing the MVMCP. The night we are looking at for our trip we will have an early dinner around the MK but the next morning we have 8:30 ADR's for Crystal Palace. There is DH, DS(4), and myself. How is the MVMCP? Is it worth the almost $180 for us to go?

Strmchsr
10-23-2009, 10:28 AM
That's a really hard call. We liked MVMCP okay, but I didn't think it was as worth it as the MNSSHP. The parade and fireworks are nice, but that's about the only real bonus. You kind of have to decide if you want to pay $180 for fireworks and a parade. I mean, there are other shows and the "snow" on Main St which is all really nice and beautiful but the special Wishes and the Christmas Parade really are the main attractions. Most of the decorations you can see without going to the party and the rides you can do anytime.

deedeebee
10-23-2009, 10:55 AM
We went when our 3 kids were younger, I would not go again with small kids. We had a relaxing day until we went to the party, but kids are on a schedule. When they get tired, they are tired! We have attended the MNSSHP since then and they were fine, ages 10, 11 and 13 at the time. There are lots of great things to do other than the party, the lights at HS are wonderful:thumbsup: :twocents:

lighteningqueen
10-23-2009, 11:24 AM
Loved it 2 years in a row.... But, have to agree the parade is the best as it was the only difference to us. Rides the same, Fireworks not that different. They say cocoa and cookies are free but how do you say free when it is 60.00 each to get in???? Skipping it this year. But if it is going to take away money from other things you want to do Just go at night to get the full Christmas effects in the dark and you will not miss much. Also it snows at the DHS Osborne lights every night so go there and experience that. it is the most beautiful thought out thing Disney does. You could decide when you get there and go to Town Hall to purchase your tickets if you should decide to go.

kwhitt3202
10-23-2009, 12:11 PM
Thanks. Think we will skip it this year, we are staying at the Poly, so we will be able to see it on any night and hear the music.