PDA

View Full Version : Scared of crowds at MNSSHP on Halloween

jeffbdw
10-23-2009, 08:31 AM
I called to order our MNSSHP tickets the day they went on sale and was trying to order for Oct 29th. I was tolsd that there was no party on the 29th, even though the website said there was. I begrudgingly bought tickets for the 31st. I keep hearing everyone talking about how crowded it is going to be that night. Now, I see that they are having a party on the 29th! I'm wondering if anyone knows what happened. Did they add a party?
Should I /can I change nights for the party?
How insane is it going to be on Halloween?
I'm a little scared.

Tinkerfreak
10-23-2009, 09:26 AM
We have always made it a point to go on Halloween and have never found it so crowded that it was not fun. We have always had a blast and the crowds really do thin out as the night goes on. We always manage to do what we want and never feel like we are waiting in line forever. The lines have always moved really quickly. My husband hates going when it is crowded and he loves going Halloween night. I say go have fun and don't worry about it.

SBETigg
10-23-2009, 10:31 AM
It could be crowded but not really insanely crowded, as they only sell a certain number of party tickets in order to limit crowds in the first place. So it could be more crowded than you expect in a party situation, but even in a sell-out situation, the crowds won't rival MK on a regular high-crowd day.

DisneyFanaticDargon
10-23-2009, 12:20 PM
It could be crowded but not really insanely crowded, as they only sell a certain number of party tickets in order to limit crowds in the first place. So it could be more crowded than you expect in a party situation, but even in a sell-out situation, the crowds won't rival MK on a regular high-crowd day.

^Agreed.

The amount of tickets they sell for this is ALWAYS significantly less than park capacity. It might be more crowded than some of the earlier parties, but it certainly won't be unmanageable. You might have some difficulty jostling for a good spot for the fireworks and parades, but to be honest most people are there for the candy and entertainment, the attractions tend to play second-fiddle on party nights.

GrmGrninGost
10-23-2009, 01:27 PM
We've been to MNSSHP on sold out nights before. The crowds aren't that bad. Also, there are so many other things going on during the night that it disperses the crowds in different ways than on a normal operating day. Lot's of people will trick-or-treat. There will be more people looking for the rare characters. The shows and dance parties pull a lot of people also. We have found that the ride lines are a lot shorter during the parties, even though the crowd may look large. I think you are good to go! Have a great time! :mpumpkin:

jeffbdw
10-23-2009, 03:01 PM
Thanks you guys! I'm feeling much better about things. I love this little community of ours.:mickey:

Goes4FastPass
10-23-2009, 03:06 PM

I was certainly surprised when MNSSHP was insanely crowded last Sunday, October 18th.

Belster
10-23-2009, 03:34 PM
If you ordered your tickets(like I did) on the day they were released back in May, there was not 10/29 date available yet. They left that date out of the original sale. It was released a few week???(i think) later, which was no good to any of us that had already purchased.

I too am one that would never go on Halloween...we are going on Tuesday 10/27.

SurferStitch
10-23-2009, 08:37 PM
We went on Halloween in 2004, and while it was sold out, it wasn't all that bad crowd-wise. We had a blast! DH and I dressed up as Lilo and Stitch.

We did HM, Splash, Peter Pan, and other popular rides, and lines were rather short (5-15 mins or so) except for Pan....that line is always long!

You'll have a great time! Just make a plan before the party to make sure you see eveything you want, and have fun!

Also, the second parade is significantly less crowded, so you may want to wait for it.

10-23-2009, 10:09 PM
Tonight's party, 10/23, was the largest park load this year for a party and was less than half of a "normal" summer day. Last Sunday's party was just less than 40%.

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
10-24-2009, 06:10 PM
If you ordered your tickets(like I did) on the day they were released back in May, there was not 10/29 date available yet. They left that date out of the original sale. It was released a few week???(i think) later, which was no good to any of us that had already purchased.

I too am one that would never go on Halloween...we are going on Tuesday 10/27.

Do you think the crowds will be significantly less on 10/27 than they will on 10/31?

baileykelly
10-25-2009, 09:52 PM
We went to the party last year on Halloween. It was sold out but crowds were not bad at all. I agree with other posters that you should have a plan for the night and try to stick to it. Some of the trick or treat lines were long but moved very quickly. We didn't go on many rides during the party, but ride lines were very short. We focused on trick or treating, watched Haollowishes and saw the second Boo to You parade (there are 2 if I remember correctly). Keep in mind that you can get into the MK at 4:00 with your Halloween Party ticket, even though the party does not start until 7:00. I would do some rides and try to eat dinner before 7, and try to buy any Party merchandise right at 7 as some things may sell out quickly. Then from 7 to midnight focus on the special events.

SurferStitch
10-26-2009, 12:29 AM
Do you think the crowds will be significantly less on 10/27 than they will on 10/31?

Probably not significantly, but possibly slightly less. It is a Tuesday night, but we've also done Tuesday nights in mid and early October other years that were sold out. You never really know.

Honestly, I don't think you would notice the crowd difference between the 27th and the 31st.