PDA

View Full Version : Changing it up with Counter Service...

Mom on a Mission
10-22-2009, 08:14 PM
We are on our way back to :mjump:WDW :mjump:-- FINALLY -- in a couple of weeks. Our DD (13) and DS (11) have outgrown the character meals (not us of course) and have much more stamina that they used to. So instead of planning a lot of sit down meals to refresh ourselves, we're thinking of going with counter service. Also they are too old for the kiddie meals so we're hoping to save some $$ this way too.

So, what are your favorites? We have always liked the Columbia House in MK and would love to find similar in the other parks. We're looking for places that offer more than the usual chicken nuggets and bad pizza ;)

Thank you!!

scootch713
10-22-2009, 08:18 PM
One of my kids favorite meals was ordering room service pizza at the Wildereness Lodge. It was yummy, and only about $18... big enough to feed us all. Anytime there is a burger/fry meal, we split it... as they are very large burgers.

Mysttree
10-22-2009, 08:34 PM
Our favorite CS is the fish & chips place in Epcot's England! It is Yummy! Definitely not your usual burger place. :number1:
I have also read that Yak & Yeti has a CS that offers 2 or 3 of their popular choices. We will have to try that one on our next trip.
DD also has a 2 of our faves- Wolfgang Puck express & Earl of Sandwhich (hot sandwhiches at a good price!)
Hope this helps & enjoy!

lighteningqueen
10-22-2009, 09:45 PM
We are trying Mara this time. One of them has a carved roast meal and everything is CS even at their prices higher than CS in the parks. We are also trying Pepper Market Look at their menu same as mara. Alot of big meals for CS credits if you are on the plan if not it looks as though you could share on the all you can or you put together pasta meals... Also trying Wolfgang express as well for CS Oh and POR Riverside Mills has a big menu at CS prices. read all they ahve to offer I think it might be the best values for the CS options. Sunshine seasons another value for your money, Pecos Bills, Flame tree in AK. go the site above and pull up those places and look a the offerings I think you will be suprised. Also Columbia house now has a shrimp platter on their menu for 9 something.

DisneyPrincess21
10-22-2009, 10:05 PM
Our favorite CS is the fish & chips place in Epcot's England! It is Yummy! Definitely not your usual burger place. :number1:!

:tasty:i second the vote for the fish and chips in the uk it's called yorkshire county fish and chips shop. It is delicious, and a must for my family atleast once per trip.:tasty:

Kairi_7378
10-22-2009, 10:27 PM
There are quite a few interesting places to get CS in WDW!

In the MK, Cosmic Ray's and Columbia Harbor House are favorites of my family. Sometimes my DH will make a meal of the turkey legs and I'll grab a chicken salad at Pecos Bill.

At Epcot, there are TONS of options! Our favorite is Tangerine Cafe. Sunshine Seasons in the Land is a favorite of many on the boards. I'll also third the recommendation for Yorkshire fish and Chips!

In Animal Kingdom, we like Flame Tree BBQ and have heard very good things about Yak and Yeti CS.

We found that two adults could split a CS meal at Tangerine Cafe and at Flame Tree.

Maleficent_vf
10-22-2009, 10:53 PM
We like to eat around the world at Epcot, sampling tasty items in each of the countries Yes, the fish and chips are wonderful, but we've also enjoyed the nachos, churros, hot dog and kraut, black forest cake, Italian ices, Norwegian and French pastries, egg rolls and I forget what else.

Can't say that we've tried it, but the Picnic in the Park option at AK sounds good - I think one option has sandwiches and another has rotisserie chicken.

stitchaholic
10-23-2009, 07:20 AM
wolfgang puck express is definitly my favorite and i make it a point to eat there several times,it is a great deal for CS, you order and they bring it to you, big full meals.

there is also cooks of dublin to consider, attached to ranglan road in pleasure island

Ms. Mode
10-23-2009, 07:31 AM
Can you EVER get to old for character meals:confused:

Love the Flame Tree BBQ:thumbsup:

goofyfan4466
10-23-2009, 08:38 AM
We Are Going In May. Thanks For The Info. We Are Also Using The Cs Plan.

laprana
10-23-2009, 10:10 AM
Another vote for Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD! This is probably the best "bang for your buck" if you're on the DDP, plus the food is excellent and you get huge portions!

A few of my favorites in the parks are Flame Tree BBQ in AK, Yakitori House in Epcot (Japan), and Pecos Bill in MK. I haven't found a favorite in DHS yet!

If you're looking for more than just burgers and fries, venture out to the resorts! A lot of the CS places at the resorts seem to offer a wider variety of items. Some of my favorites are Captain Cooks at the Poly (Polynesian salad, pulled pork sandwhich, flatbread pizzas, Dole Whip!); Artist's Palette at SSR (THE best salad I've had on Disney property); Contempo Cafe at CR (big tasty sandwiches and excellent desserts); and Everything Pop at Pop Century (a huge variety of food).

Hope this helps! :mickey:

bruin1344
10-23-2009, 01:02 PM
MK - Pecos Bill, Cosmic Rays, & Columbia Harbour House

Epcot - Best CS location. I think ive eaten at all of the counter services and dont have any complaints.

AK - Flame Tree BBQ

DHS - nothing sticks out

DTD - Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck Express