PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Enter That Resort?

nicster
10-22-2009, 02:55 PM
We have always taken the Disney provided bus system on our visits, and I noticed that when we went into the resorts the bus goes thru it's own special lane, but cars approach a guard with a clip board. My question is, if we are driving our own car & want to just walk around another resort that we are not staying at, like AKL, or if we want to have a meal at a cs, will that be a problem? What might I have to present to the clip board toting cm??

KylesMom
10-22-2009, 03:09 PM
the clip board toting cm will need a driver's license (photo id) and will inquire why you're there. If you have an ADR, just let them know you have one at XYZ resort. Oftentimes (but not all the time) their clipboard contains the ADRs for the day. If you're just going there to look around, let them know that as well. Have fun exploring! :mickey:

I should add that, with the exception of MK, we drive ourselves everywhere on property and have never had a problem - except, of course at our own resort when our automated key card wouldn't open up the gate and it was pouring rain out!

nicster
10-22-2009, 03:23 PM
will need a driver's license (photo id) and will inquire why you're there. If you have an ADR, just let them know you have one at XYZ resort. Oftentimes (but not all the time) their clipboard contains the ADRs for the day. If you're just going there to look around, let them know that as well. Have fun exploring! :mickey:

I should add that, with the exception of MK, we drive ourselves everywhere on property and have never had a problem - except, of course at our own resort when our automated key card wouldn't open up the gate and it was pouring rain out!
Thanks for the info. We have decided that renting a car is going to save us time & $$, and will give us more options that we really hadn't had open to us in the past. ie: going to DTD for breakfast each morning, or enjoying the theming of the different resorts.:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-22-2009, 03:30 PM
Each trip it seems we drive our car around Disney more and more often.

The guard usually just asks us what we're planning to do at the resort and either for a Driver's License, or sometimes just a resort key. There are the odd times where they just wave us through, but normally we're stopped.

Either way, we've never had any issues going for an ADR or to look around another resort.

Enjoy :mickey:

KylesMom
10-22-2009, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the info. We have decided that renting a car is going to save us time & $$, and will give us more options that we really hadn't had open to us in the past. ie: going to DTD for breakfast each morning, or enjoying the theming of the different resorts. You'll find it much more convenient than having to allow an hour to your ADR destination when it's 5 minutes down the road from your resort.

I will caution you, however; we've found that general guest parking at GF and BC are scarce, to say the least. You may want to valet at these locations if you decide to visit - or you'll be driving around for an hour trying to find a spot! :thedolls:

nicster
10-22-2009, 05:15 PM
You'll find it much more convenient than having to allow an hour to your ADR destination when it's 5 minutes down the road from your resort.

I will caution you, however; we've found that general guest parking at GF and BC are scarce, to say the least. You may want to valet at these locations if you decide to visit - or you'll be driving around for an hour trying to find a spot! :thedolls:
Thanks for the tip!