PDA

View Full Version : DDP and a split stay

fanofdisney
10-22-2009, 02:13 PM
I read on another site something I had never heard before and would like some clarifications. This will be our first time doing a split stay and we will be on the DDP. I read that you get your credits for the first part of your stay then when you move you get your other credits on your new room key. Which totally makes sense but what I also read was that the credits you don't use from your first stay are not transferable so they expire at midnight of the check out day of your first stay. So, if we haven't used all of our snack credits we better before midnight right? With the food we get on the plan we don't always need a snack each day so many times we are using up those credits on our last day. I would be upset if we lost any of those credits, it defeats the savings if you just let them disappear. Am I understanding this correctly? I really hope this makes sense.

faline
10-22-2009, 02:25 PM
Sounds right to me. On our last trip, we had free dining for the first part of our trip and not for the second part - when we changed resorts. Our dining plan credits ended as midnight on the day we switched resorts. In fact, we used a dining plan counter service on the day we checked into our new resort and it was still good as it was before midnight of that day. Use those snacks up the day you switch!

BMan62
10-22-2009, 02:44 PM
Just a little note to add to the "Use 'em or Lose 'em" rule -- If you have CS credits left, there are a few places that will allow you to trade them in for Snacks.

I know, for a fact, that Earl of Sandwich in DTD will do this at a 3:1 ratio - 3 snacks per CS credit.

At the end of out September trip, we had 8 CS credits left on our last 1/2 day. We went to DTD to shop and get a bite before we flew home and found out about the trade when we were trying to give our CS credits away (buying lunch for others.) The first people we tried to buy lunch for we off-duty workers who called an on-duty hostess over to explain our options.

OK, so the note wasn't that "little!!" Sorry!