PDA

View Full Version : A Request for Men Visiting WDW Parks

Goes4FastPass
10-22-2009, 01:55 PM
The men's restrooms at WDW parks always have 1 or 2 facilities mounted on the wall lower than the others.

They're perfect for a pre-schooler who is doing a great job of often saying, "I need a potty break." and never needing to say, "I just had an accident."

But every time we went in a men's restroom there seemed to be a guy who was 6 feet tall and 3 feet wide using the low urinal while many higher units were available.

Guys, WDW has many little boy guests. Give 'em a place to do their thing.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Maxwell
10-22-2009, 09:02 PM
I can't imagine why anyone would use one of the lower stations when another one was available. Much like the acessible stalls...I would always use another one if it was available. Maybe a crowd of tall men JUST LEFT as you were coming in and the guy who was left is a victim of timing and circumstance? Good request though!

DisneyPrincess21
10-22-2009, 10:00 PM
Okay first let me start out by saying i have
never been in a men's room before so i dont know how everything is, but maybe the lower ones were closer to the door and the guy just couldnt wait another second longer to be able to walk to the regular ones? :blush:

I dunno, that just my best guess LOL :D

disneyboundagain
10-22-2009, 10:07 PM
Although you make a valid request, DS3.5 and I are perfectly content to wait 30 seconds for our turn. It's really not that big of a deal, at least for us.

Scar
10-22-2009, 10:53 PM
Okay first let me start out by saying i have
never been in a men's room before so i dont know how everything is, but maybe the lower ones were closer to the door and the guy just couldnt wait another second longer to be able to walk to the regular ones? :blush:

I dunno, that just my best guess LOL :DThe sinks are even closer. ;)

DisneyPrincess21
10-23-2009, 09:21 AM
The sinks are even closer. ;)

:funny:

like i said... LOL
i dont have first hand knowledge of how the room is layed out :D

Goes4FastPass
10-23-2009, 09:37 AM
Although you make a valid request, DS3.5 and I are perfectly content to wait 30 seconds for our turn. It's really not that big of a deal, at least for us.

I didn't mean to give the impression that it's a big deal for us, my GrSon is a little deal... who, according to my son is, less than 24 hours after his return from his first WDW trip is carrying his toy monorail train around asking when we're going again ('going' as in 'going to Disney World').

DisneyFanaticDargon
10-23-2009, 12:16 PM
I can't imagine why anyone would use one of the lower stations when another one was available. Much like the acessible stalls...I would always use another one if it was available. Maybe a crowd of tall men JUST LEFT as you were coming in and the guy who was left is a victim of timing and circumstance? Good request though!

It probably has something to do with the rule of 'taking every other one'. As in there's a sequence:
In Use-Vacant-In Use-Vacant etc. It's an unspoken law of the men's room.

If every other one was already taken, by virtue of this particular law, the lower one would have had to be taken to keep the sequence.

#1donaldfan
10-23-2009, 12:35 PM
....I can see your point if you walked in just behind the 6 footer and the "higher" one was vacant, however my guess is the others were occupied at the "giants' entrance, and he opted to use the lower one, I would......:mickey:

BraddyB
10-23-2009, 12:54 PM
It probably has something to do with the rule of 'taking every other one'. As in there's a sequence:
In Use-Vacant-In Use-Vacant etc. It's an unspoken law of the men's room.

If every other one was already taken, by virtue of this particular law, the lower one would have had to be taken to keep the sequence.

I was waiting to see how long it took for someone to list the "unofficial man law" !!!! Its something thats not written down, but yet every guy knows it.

Goofy4TheWorld
10-23-2009, 03:13 PM
Its something thats not written down...
....until now ;)

BluewaterBrad
10-23-2009, 03:22 PM
I was waiting to see how long it took for someone to list the "unofficial man law" !!!! Its something thats not written down, but yet every guy knows it.

I have never known that!! I have never been known as a shy person. I just bow up and take the first open stall and go!!:mickey:

Scar
10-23-2009, 04:06 PM
I have never known that!! I have never been known as a shy person. I just bow up and take the first open stall and go!!:mickey:Even if it's the short one? ;)

BluewaterBrad
10-23-2009, 04:13 PM
Good one Scar!!:mickey:

Gator
10-23-2009, 04:19 PM
I can't believe I'm reading this on Intercot.:blush: I have to agree with the rule. If someone is occupying a spot, I don't walk up and take the stall right next to him. I could explain it, but I don't want to be permanantly banned from Intercot.:D

Red Randal
10-23-2009, 04:34 PM
While we're making unofficial Walt Disney World men's room laws, can we maybe designate a few particular restrooms for...a'hem...visiting after buffets or the Mexico pavilion? And maybe we can reserve them for that and only THAT. Will just make it a little more, umm, pleasant for the rest of us. :thumbsup:

DisneyPrincess21
10-23-2009, 11:52 PM
Hahahaha, i must say intercot has been very educational yet again. A girl can learn a lot on here ya know ;) i never knew there was a "rule"
LOL. Okay i am leaving now. :D:secret:

Renfairwedding
10-24-2009, 12:13 AM
:rocks: :funny:

Mendelson
10-24-2009, 12:04 PM
Restroom dynamics are a mysterious and sophisticaed thing (and we're not even talking Larry Craig here)!

I like my privacy, pure and simple, and I always go to a stall, if open. If I had my druthers, we'd have the water closet model used in Europe. But anyway, you'll never find me at a short urinal...but you may find me in the accessible stall if that's the only one open when I get in there. And for the record, I have never ever in my life held up anyone who needed such a stall by my presence in it.

I feel really bad for women, who - regardless of their needs - have to sit! Yech. But I've heard that "hovering" is the key when in the women's room.

hubbyofadisneyholic
10-24-2009, 08:11 PM

You have to obey the "code". ;)

ransam
10-25-2009, 08:27 AM
this has got to be one of the strangest threads I have ever read on here....

LVT
10-25-2009, 07:56 PM
I just verified with my husband re: the code. I
thought this was a running gag.

SorcererJim
10-25-2009, 09:31 PM
Now, I know we are not allowed to post links to websites, but if someone was to search google for "urinal gamescene" you will find a funny little flash game that teaches you the "unwritten" rules of ediquette. :)

W24toISMdirect
10-25-2009, 10:25 PM
Yeah... luckily we didn't have any accidents (unlike the the guy who was cussing out his young son because he wet himself and they didn't have extra cloths... idiot.)

That said, man-law proponetnts: my three year old needing to get the potty when it's time to get the potty and his inability to use full hieght potty sanitarily trumpts your insecurity, and really... are you more comfortable peeing with me an my son standing behind you tapping our feet?

MNNHFLTX
10-25-2009, 10:31 PM
As informative as this thread may seem to some, it really has degenerated into the type of bathroom humor that we don't promote on INTERCOT. Time to close it down and move on.